RR: I am in love (my new SS).

Old October 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Carla A-G

Default RR: I am in love (my new SS).

It arrived. It got built. I took it for a ride in Bethpage for the maiden
voyage. Yes, it was love at first site and first ride. I didn't go too crazy
with the riding, I'm still trying to re-hab my MCL so I avoided the bigger
climbs and stuck to the smaller, short climbs and the flats.

What can I say? The bike is sooooo smooth. Bianchi SASS (Shiny Ass Single
Speed) 13.5 " custom fully rigid steel frame and fork, 2.4 Mutano Raptor
tires, Titec components, Truvativ cranks, Avid Mech disc brakes, rear Spot
hub, front WTB hub, both laced onto a set of WTB Speed disc hoops.

The bike rides like its on rails. The frame and fork are very compliant, I
felt no flex anywhere on the bike even when I stood and cranked on the
pedals or yanked on the brakes. The tires gripped into everything they
rolled on. The bike is fast, very fast.

It took a long time to come to me, but it was well worth the wait. I give a
big shout out to Sky Yaeger (VP of Bianchi) for making the bike a reality.

Here it is, the one_and _only_ 2004 13.5" Bianchi SASS that was made:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

I am in love.

Time to go ride...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old October 19th 03, 08:34 PM
Sir Ride-A-Lot

Default I am in love (my new SS).

13.5"? Wow, how short are you? I'm 5'5" and I would tower over that ride.

Old October 19th 03, 09:42 PM
ClydedaleMTB_in_TN

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

I dig the graphics on the chain-stay...
where can I get some for my SS

Old October 19th 03, 11:02 PM
Michael Dart

"Carla A-G" wrote in message

Here it is, the one_and _only_ 2004 13.5" Bianchi SASS that was made:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

I am in love.

Time to go ride...

I'm still not into the whole SS thing. But I'm happy for you both.

Mike

Old October 19th 03, 11:54 PM
Sorni

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
[...]

So...you like it, then?

Bill "best wishes to the happy couple" S.

Old October 20th 03, 12:01 AM
Mojo Deluxe

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Carla A-G" wrote in message

Here it is, the one_and _only_ 2004 13.5" Bianchi SASS that was made:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

I am in love.

Time to go ride...

I'm still not into the whole SS thing. But I'm happy for you both.

I wouldn't mind having one.

Old October 20th 03, 02:25 AM
jack

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, I like your Element!

Old October 20th 03, 04:27 AM
MattB

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
snip SS blis

It took a long time to come to me, but it was well worth the wait. I give

big shout out to Sky Yaeger (VP of Bianchi) for making the bike a reality.

Here it is, the one_and _only_ 2004 13.5" Bianchi SASS that was made:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

I am in love.

Time to go ride...

Cool. I'm really diggin' my SS too. I rode it both days this weekend.
Saturday was one big (900 Ft.) grueling climb that usually is pretty
insignificant with gears. Then a big singletrack DH that was fun. The Surly
seems a little twitchy compared my FSR, but in a fun way.

Mine's not as shiny though.

Matt

PS glad the knee's feeling better

Old October 20th 03, 04:47 AM
Paladin

"Carla A-G" wrote in message ...
It arrived. It got built. I took it for a ride in Bethpage for the maiden
voyage. Yes, it was love at first site and first ride. I didn't go too crazy
with the riding, I'm still trying to re-hab my MCL so I avoided the bigger
climbs and stuck to the smaller, short climbs and the flats.

What can I say? The bike is sooooo smooth. Bianchi SASS (Shiny Ass Single
Speed) 13.5 " custom fully rigid steel frame and fork, 2.4 Mutano Raptor
tires, Titec components, Truvativ cranks, Avid Mech disc brakes, rear Spot
hub, front WTB hub, both laced onto a set of WTB Speed disc hoops.

CONGRATULATIONS for finally delivering the baby. Your description is
sweetness itself. You'll love those fat tires on the fast corners.

The bike rides like its on rails. The frame and fork are very compliant, I
felt no flex anywhere on the bike even when I stood and cranked on the
pedals or yanked on the brakes. The tires gripped into everything they
rolled on. The bike is fast, very fast.

Steel is real. And SS is real. Just you and the trail.

Watch that you don't catch your bullitt sneaking up to slash the SASS
tires when you're not looking. Your other bikes will get jealous!
And you'll forget about shocks, shifting, all that fiddling around
with mtce, etc.

Paladin

Old October 20th 03, 11:16 AM

Nice bike pixie chick.