A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 21st 13, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,662
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:53:35 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

wrote:
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 14:41:02 UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

I await Mr C's comments with interest.


How many cyclists were involved?


Up to three. Some of the emergency services attending the scene may
also have been cyclists.

Why do you ask?


Just trying to discover why it was put on a bicycle group and not marked OT.




Ads
  #12  
Old July 21st 13, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,662
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:53:35 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

wrote:
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 14:41:02 UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

I await Mr C's comments with interest.


How many cyclists were involved?


Up to three. Some of the emergency services attending the scene may
also have been cyclists.

Why do you ask?


Just trying to discover why it was put on a bicycle group and not marked OT.




  #13  
Old July 21st 13, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,574
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On 21/07/2013 15:47, wrote:
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:34:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/07/2013 15:33,
wrote:

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:23:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:


On 21/07/2013 14:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:


And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.


http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html



QUOTE:


The collision involved a Ford Fiesta, which was being driven by a
75-year-old man. The driver has been taken to an east London hospital,
and is in a stable condition.
ENDQUOTE



You missed that bit out, for some reason.


And your point is...?


The *reason* for the collision.

I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder.


Where did anyone claim it was deliberate?


Why do you ask that?
  #14  
Old July 21st 13, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:56:57 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/07/2013 15:47, wrote:

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:34:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:


On 21/07/2013 15:33,
wrote:



On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:23:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:




On 21/07/2013 14:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:




And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.




http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html







QUOTE:




The collision involved a Ford Fiesta, which was being driven by a


75-year-old man. The driver has been taken to an east London hospital,


and is in a stable condition.


ENDQUOTE






You missed that bit out, for some reason.




And your point is...?




The *reason* for the collision.




I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder.




Where did anyone claim it was deliberate?




Why do you ask that?


Why do you write "I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder."?
  #15  
Old July 21st 13, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:25:54 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:53:35 +0100, "Mrcheerful"


wrote:




wrote:


On Sunday, 21 July 2013 14:41:02 UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:


And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.




http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html



I await Mr C's comments with interest.




How many cyclists were involved?




Up to three. Some of the emergency services attending the scene may


also have been cyclists.




Why do you ask?




Just trying to discover why it was put on a bicycle group and not marked OT.


Because it isn't.
  #16  
Old July 21st 13, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:50:00 PM UTC+1, Partac wrote:
"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

...



And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.



http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html



And your reason for posting this on a cycling NG?

Other than the usual diversionary tactics, of course.


For comparison and proportion.

I myself have mentioned bulls and indeed china shops here. They were relevant.
Even you are not OT here, Dec. We need to regularly be reminded of the mentality of some motorists.
  #17  
Old July 21st 13, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,000
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:41:02 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html



relevance to this newsgroup : nil

Wooster is a ******.

  #18  
Old July 21st 13, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,000
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:13:25 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:53:35 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

wrote:
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 14:41:02 UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

I await Mr C's comments with interest.


How many cyclists were involved?


Up to three. Some of the emergency services attending the scene may
also have been cyclists.

Why do you ask?



How about he thought this was a cycling newsgroup?
  #19  
Old July 21st 13, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,161
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:41:02 +0100
Bertie Wooster wrote:

And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html


Old fart, shouldn't have been allowed to keep his license - prosecute
his GP for failing to notify DVLA? Yes, I'm just guessing and making
outlandish suggestions.
Did this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-22621623 get
mentioned here already? I don't recall seeing it, but not much gets
past my killfile.

  #20  
Old July 21st 13, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,498
Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On 21/07/13 16:47, wrote:
On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:34:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/07/2013 15:33,
wrote:

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:23:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:


On 21/07/2013 14:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:


And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.


http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html



QUOTE:


The collision involved a Ford Fiesta, which was being driven by a
75-year-old man. The driver has been taken to an east London hospital,
and is in a stable condition.
ENDQUOTE



You missed that bit out, for some reason.


And your point is...?


The *reason* for the collision.

I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder.


Where did anyone claim it was deliberate?


Half cocked or what?

peers at quote Ooops, sorry, nobody mentioned the driver was OK.
Good point, well presented.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Child mown down by hi-speed pavement cyclist Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 60 July 27th 13 01:01 PM
Another pavement motorist kills, a young child this time. Doug[_3_] UK 3 February 29th 12 12:55 PM
Third pedestrian mown down by a motorist this week The Medicated Handyman[_2_] UK 5 September 26th 11 05:30 PM
Another pedestrian mown down by a motorist The Medicated Handyman[_2_] UK 12 September 23rd 11 06:49 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.