A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What cyclists are actually like



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 27th 13, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,662
Default What cyclists are actually like

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he knocked
her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us loudly
as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her fall, and
then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading to get back
on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk


Ads
  #2  
Old July 27th 13, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alexis
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 45
Default What cyclists are actually like

Mrcheerful posted:

snip

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk


Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to avoid having to put up with
some people who fail to conform to accepted behavioural standards and
are indifferent, or even hostile, to the comfort or needs of other
members of a community or society as a whole.

I find the best one can do is to not let yourself be upset by them and
try to have as little to do with them as possible.
  #3  
Old July 27th 13, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,574
Default What cyclists are actually like

On 27/07/2013 09:55, Alexis wrote:

Mrcheerful posted:


snip

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk


Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to avoid having to put up with
some people who fail to conform to accepted behavioural standards and
are indifferent, or even hostile, to the comfort or needs of other
members of a community or society as a whole.


You're right; it is almost impossible, but unless you need 100% proof
beyond all reasonable doubt, a judgment within an acceptable level of
accuracy can be made on the basis whether or not the individual is
riding a bicycle.

True, you won't be right all the time if you treat such people as
failing to conform to accepted behavioural standards and/or as are
indifferent, or even hostile, to the comfort or needs of other members
of the community as a whole, but if you do, you'll be right more often
than you'll be wrong.

A minute's silent observation at any significant road junction (with
traffic lights) in Central London will confirm that.

I find the best one can do is to not let yourself be upset by them and
try to have as little to do with them as possible.


Equally true.
  #4  
Old July 27th 13, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 865
Default What cyclists are actually like

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
...
"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he
knocked her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us
loudly as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her
fall, and then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading
to get back on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk


This is a good example of normal leisure/utility cyclists encountering
sports cyclists. Many of the latter are psycholists.


  #5  
Old July 27th 13, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default What cyclists are actually like

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:24:31 PM UTC+1, John Benn wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

...

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he


knocked her off her bike"




"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us


loudly as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her


fall, and then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading


to get back on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"








http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk




This is a good example of normal leisure/utility cyclists encountering

sports cyclists. Many of the latter are psycholists.


Wrong as usual. See MrNugent above. It's all cyclists, not a particular type of cyclists. And MrNugent just KNOWS.
  #6  
Old July 27th 13, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,000
Default What cyclists are actually like

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:43:45 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he knocked
her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us loudly
as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her fall, and
then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading to get back
on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk



Sorry - it's dog eats dog if you're a cyclist.

  #7  
Old July 27th 13, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default What cyclists are actually like

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 17:10:24 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:43:45 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he knocked
her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us loudly
as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her fall, and
then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading to get back
on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk



Sorry - it's dog eats dog if you're a cyclist.


It sounds like a heart-warming story of one cyclist helping someone
else to become a cyclist, while thugs on bikes berated them.

Here are some typical non-cyclists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9PFyXNZPYc
  #8  
Old July 27th 13, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,574
Default What cyclists are actually like

On 27/07/2013 23:01, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 17:10:24 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:43:45 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he knocked
her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us loudly
as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her fall, and
then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading to get back
on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk



Sorry - it's dog eats dog if you're a cyclist.


It sounds like a heart-warming story of one cyclist helping someone
else to become a cyclist, while thugs on bikes berated them.

Here are some typical non-cyclists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9PFyXNZPYc


I remember seeing a fist fight like that one at 3:34 (not with a
skateboard) - at a set of lights in Essex.

But what makes you say that they're not cyclists?

Do you know them all?
  #9  
Old July 29th 13, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,115
Default What cyclists are actually like



"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
...

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 17:10:24 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:43:45 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

"Apparently unable to slow down for my friend's obvious wobbling, he
knocked
her off her bike"

"The next cyclist we saw came upon us in a similar manner, cursing us
loudly
as he passed (with plenty of space). My friend, shaken from her fall, and
then from the animosity of other cyclists, took some persuading to get
back
on her bike and is unlikely now to try cycling again"



http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Angry...#axzz2aEI24Dlk



Sorry - it's dog eats dog if you're a cyclist.


It sounds like a heart-warming story of one cyclist helping someone
else to become a cyclist, while thugs on bikes berated them.

Here are some typical non-cyclists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9PFyXNZPYc

Oh look - how unusual - he's deploying deflecting tactics for a change.
Wonder if he ever posts anything on-topic?

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The apocolypse is he Cyclists attack cyclists. Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 3 September 19th 12 09:42 AM
OT 8 cyclists dead in one hit: groups of cyclists should be illegal Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 144 December 17th 10 07:34 AM
when will cyclists learn that pedestrian crossings are for .....pedestrians, not cyclists Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 7 August 12th 10 07:08 AM
Are women cyclists in more danger than men cyclists? Claude[_3_] Australia 2 October 23rd 09 08:24 PM
Do cyclists' dogs chase cyclists? Gooserider General 14 May 9th 06 01:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.