Motorist mows down child outside primary school

Old July 29th 13, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Motorist mows down child outside primary school

Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down
and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html
Old July 29th 13, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Monday, July 29, 2013 11:39:09 AM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down

and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html

There are various angles of attack for the cyclist-baiting trolls to take here. Oh, the excitement of the wait. Will it be standard cyclist-blaming response a, b, c, or d?
Old July 29th 13, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Squashme" wrote in message
On Monday, July 29, 2013 11:39:09 AM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down

and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html

There are various angles of attack for the cyclist-baiting trolls to take
here. Oh, the excitement of the wait. Will it be standard cyclist-blaming
response a, b, c, or d?

E: the post is OT, try the driving group

Old July 29th 13, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down
and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html

You appear to have lost your way again.
The motoring NG's are that way------------

Old July 29th 13, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, 29 July 2013 12:52:48 UTC+1, Partac wrote:

You appear to have lost your way again.
The motoring NG's are that way------------

Off you go then.

Old July 29th 13, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:52:48 +0100, "Partac"
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
.. .

Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down
and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html

You appear to have lost your way again.
The motoring NG's are that way------------

Why would the killing of a cyclist be more appropriate for a motoring
group than a cycling group?
Old July 29th 13, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

--

Pyscholist Rule Number 6a

If people are continually getting the better of you in arguments - fall back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ....".
Respond to a post - or start a new thread with some irrelevant item.
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.
Old July 29th 13, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

Connor Shields was passing a primary school when he was knocked down
and killed ten days ago.

The killer, a 59-year-old man, was unhurt.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/415...-dies-in-crash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-hit-car.html

--

Pyscholist Rule Number 6a

If people are continually getting the better of you in arguments - fall back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ....".
Respond to a post - or start a new thread with some irrelevant item.
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.

Note to self:
If someone posts about a cyclist running into a pedestrian, start a
new thread about a motorist running into a cyclist. This will provoke
a series of amusing reflex responses from the trolls.
Old July 29th 13, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

If people are continually getting the better of you in arguments - fall
back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ....".
Respond to a post - or start a new thread with some irrelevant item.
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real
prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.

Note to self:
If someone posts about a cyclist running into a pedestrian, start a
new thread about a motorist running into a cyclist. This will provoke
a series of amusing reflex responses from the trolls.

By which you've just admitted to trolling the group yourself.

If I'm being honest, I don't recall seeing very much in this group which
would make me want to cycle more (or take it up if I didn't already).
There's no rational argument or examples of how cycling is enjoyable, it's
just a long repetitive list of why every other form of transport is bad, to
make cycling look like the natural choice for anyone with half a brain. It's
like arguing with political supporters, they can tell you a million specific
reasons why you shouldn't vote for anyone else, but they can't tell you one
good reason why you should vote for them.

So a motorist knocks a child over, very sad and unpleasant and we all wish
it wouldn't happen, but how is that demonstrating to me that cycling is
safer and more enjoyable than driving? It isn't. It's just telling me that
you don't like motorists and that's not going to encourage me to buy a new
bike.

Old July 29th 13, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

On 29/07/2013 14:10, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

If I'm being honest, I don't recall seeing very much in this group which
would make me want to cycle more (or take it up if I didn't already).
There's no rational argument or examples of how cycling is enjoyable,
it's just a long repetitive list of why every other form of transport is
bad, to make cycling look like the natural choice for anyone with half a
brain.

Welcome to the atmosphere you and other idiots like you created. All the
people who enjoy cycling and want to talk about it have buggered off
elsewhere, to avoid the poison you repeatedly spread.