Danger! Danger!

Old February 12th 20, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Danger! Danger!

On 2/12/2020 12:12 AM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:34:04 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:09:44 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if someone tried to institute a U.S. national
identification card, there would be millions of people protesting it as
government overreach, a first step toward a police state confiscating
guns and other property. Many of those people would be the same ones who
rage about illegal immigrants.

I take it that you have never heard of "Real ID".

The U.S. has had "papers, please" for some time, and I never leave
home without my certificate of human status.

Goodness, you've already got a government I.D. card, just that it
isn't issued by the central government, only certified by the central
government. Sort of an end run...I guess that if the state issues you
a driver's license with a gold star everything is hunky dory but if
the federal government was issuing it would be an infringement of your
constitutional rights :-)

There is no requirement to have a driver's license, or any government ID
for that matter. You may find it difficult to function without one
though. If you want to get on an airplane, buy certain non-prescription
drugs, buy alcohol, etc., you'd want to have an ID.

The U.S. has never had a "papers please" requirement.
Old February 12th 20, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 6:30:19 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 5:13:12 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/10/2020 3:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 11:03:55 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 9:50:25 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 9:18:12 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 2/8/2020 6:31 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

A BAC of 0.5% is almost certain to cause death thus it is extremely
doubtful that there was ever a limit of 1.2%, or for that matter 0.5%
as in either case the law would essentially be saying that it was
illegal for a dead man to drive a car.

Of course he meant 0.1% and 0.08%. Utah lowered the limit to 0.05%.. A
study in The Lancet showed no effect on accidents caused by DUI when
Scotland lowered the limit to 0.05%
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)32850-2/fulltext.

They would much rather argue typos that the actual facts of the matter.

No one seems to want to face the facts and especially the police - that the causes of most accidents isn't alcohol but reckless driving. Since it is EASY to prove alcohol and difficult to prove reckless driving we have an entire legal system built to ignore the greatest cause of lost lives in this country.

Reckless driving is an offense even if you're sober. Most drunks are pulled over because they're doing something reckless like weaving back and forth, etc., etc. -- or just doing something odd like driving half the speed limit. It's not like the police have a device for measuring ambient alcohol levels like a radar gun and are pulling over good drivers for innocently emitting alcohol molecules. At any given moment, there are people driving down the road in a straight line with .05% BAC and not getting pulled over. If you've been drinking and call attention to yourself, a DUII is in order.

-- Jay Beattie.

I was on the San Mateo bridge and as you near the Hayward end you can either go through the town and pick up the freeway on the far side of town or move in the left two lanes and merge into 880 North which goes through my town.

At my exit is the merging with 580 which also merges with 680 that is the road that is the San Mateo Bridge and with which you can get to by going through Hayward. So usually cars will take the Freeway exit to 880 and go that way to 680 rather than continue through the city of Hayward. Many times the bridge traffic is going well over 80 mph and I was pulled over for going 65 and since he didn't discover I was drunk, he issued me a license sticker ticket. Turned out that I had sent off the payment for it but I never received it and with my memory simply didn't remember the sticker.

The cop was shocked to discover that I am a handicapped person but felt obliged to issue me a ticket instead of warning me to get the license tab. I was the only one on the Freeway going under 75. I told that to my brother as I was taking him to the eye doctor, since after they dialate his eyes he can't see to drive. He said that you're supposed to go the same speed as traffic. At the same time in the fast lane traffic was all doing 90 mph and one of them pulled across 5 lanes of traffic, cut in too close to a car who slammed on his brakes and the car behind him smashed into the back of him. The perpetrator of course was long gone.

Ahh, wonderful California. Truly the land of fruits and nuts.

What the illegals did in LA was to drive through neighborhoods randomly shooting people until everyone but the illegal most out of entire sections of LA. The quiet nice little towns of San Bernadino and Riverside are now overfilled dumps where you don't even want to pull off the freeway.

Now they are going it in the bay area. I suppose this is why the Democrats want to give the illegals the right to vote.

In case you discount Tom's analysis, go search the death of
Jamiel Shaw.

O.K. I saw the complaints about Special Order 40.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Order_40

But read the text http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/SO_40.pdf:

HI. DETECTIVE HEADQUARTERS DIVISION, HEADQUARTERS SECTION—RESPONSIBILITIES. The Headquarters Section Desk Officer, Detective Headquarters Division,
upon notification that an undocumented alien has been arrested for multiple misdemeanor offenses, a high grade misdemeanor or a felony offense, or has been arrested for
the same offense a second time, shall:
• Record the information provided in the DHD Undocumented Alien Log.
• Notify the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service via teletype of
the arrest of the individual.
• Forward daily all Arrest Reports marked "Undocumented Alien" to the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Felons get reported -- major and repeat misdemeanors, too.

I wonder how Tom would feel if the San Leandro police decided to crack-down on illegal Croatians and kept pulling him over to check his papers. He'd scream like its Nazi Germany. "Let me zee your papers, old man!"

California was full of Mexicans before USians arrived. Imagine some surely cop making some tenth generation citizen produce his papers because he has brown skin. I'd be pretty ****ed off, personally. No free pass for criminals, though. Go go down the street shooting people willy-nilly, you go to jail for a long time -- and probably back to your country of origin.

-- Jay Beattie.

So you think that twisting the meaning of felony committing criminals completely out of context gives you some sort of liberal high ground?
Old February 12th 20, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:03:08 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 6:57 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Its that whole pesky Constitutional thing and the requirement or reasonable suspicion for a police stop. It has nothing to do with buying a drink, driving a car or opening a bank account.

That darn constitution. Trump thinks that it's some kind of communist
manifesto.

Maybe that is why he is not only enforcing it but putting originalist judges on the Supreme Court. Too bad so many people are blind to enforcing the actual Constitution. Being here illegally gives you absolutely no Constitutional rights. And in fact NO ONE is bothering illegals here that aren't criminals committing crimes. Trump well knows that they add to the economy and that they can be and usually are good citizens. Sanctuary laws are made SPECIFICALLY to protect felons. They prevent state prisons and jails from informing ICE when felons are being released. Democrats are releasing violent criminals into the general population and pretending that is somehow good for America.
Old February 12th 20, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 4:41:32 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/11/2020 3:32 PM, jbeattie wrote:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...RDER.jpg?w=620 I was looking to start up a gang in Canada -- "hey hosers, say we start a hockey gang!" Build that wall, eh? What's that aboot?

-- Jay Beattie.

We'll just have to disagree - your opinion vs mine and Ms
Fuertes':

https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/ice-di...womans-murder/

What is plain is that as long as Jay can live up on the hill he could care less what happens below his stature. But he can always misrepresent it for political points.
Old February 12th 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 11:27:06 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Have you even read the Constitution? The Fifth Amendment states that “no person … shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” Last time I and SCOTUS looked, a person includes a person -- unless your originalist judges interpret person to mean "citizen" -- which would be adding to the plain language of the Amendment.

Also, sanctuary laws may or may not affect reporting to the NCIS/HSIN. In the Fuentes case, for example, the arrest was reported, and ICE knew that Khan was being held -- and knew where to send the detainer request.

ICE has to know a suspect is being held before it can even send a detainer request, but rather than going to get them, they request a 48 hour hold so they can finish their doughnuts and coffee -- which require jurisdictions to hold suspects after they have been arraigned and posted bail. That is not without risk. ICE also knows where these people live, and if bail has been granted, so does the court and the bondsman. Anyone with access to a court docket can see where the suspect lives, the terms of release, etc., etc. It's not rocket science. Khan and every other released criminal is on the radar.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old February 15th 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:42:27 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Jay, if you want to give rights to anyone that can get across any border or swim onto any shore you have no rights for anyone. We have a legal way to enter this country if you do not do that you are a criminal, period.

My Grandfather was illegally here in the states but the moment he got to the bay area he filed for citizenship.

In order to prevent people from leaving their ships cargo freighters from all over the world would avoid ports of entry. The lessons of the gold rush were plain enough. The entire waterfront in San Francisco was entirely covered with ghost ships. Even the captains of these vessels would leave the ships - contrary to the True Believers - not to run to the gold fields but to be in a land where they could be free.

Everyone that entered through ports of entry would file on the spot for citizenship and eventually the papers would catch up with you. BUT THEY FILED.

Now the law is totally ignored. It is so bad that all of the farm workers that could easily get a green card leading to citizenship don't even bother because it is so much easier to just walk across.

I realize that you want to take the Constitution literally but we'll just have to see what the Supreme Court has to say and it seems to me that they have frowned a bit as of late on giving rights to anyone here illegally.
Old February 15th 20, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 17:14:53 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

Tom, the largest percentage of the "49'ers", as they were called came
from the east coast of the U.S. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Gold_Rush
"It is estimated that approximately 90,000 people arrived in
California in 1849, about half by land and half by sea. Of these,
perhaps 50,000 to 60,000 were Americans, and the rest were from other
countries"

Are you arguing that there was no freedom on the east coast of the
U.S. in 1849?

Or simply telling lies again?

Everyone that entered through ports of entry would file on the spot for citizenship and eventually the papers would catch up with you. BUT THEY FILED.

I don't know what period you are referring to but I can assure you
that in 1969 when I brought my first wife from Japan to the U.S. one
couldn't simply waltz up to an immigration counter and get a free pass
to go into the U.S. In our case there was a special law that applied
to the foreign wife of an active duty serviceman but we had to process
the paper work at the Tokyo embassy before we left for America.

It appears that once again Old Tommy doesn't know what he is talking
about.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old February 15th 20, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/15/2020 3:53 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Good news, Tom, reinforcements are on the way. https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-pa...151432429.html CBP is setting up a garrison on Telegraph Ave. BORTAC is coming, which, spelled backwards is CATROB. I think it is a thinly veiled deep state plot to take away our cats.

-- Jay Beattie.

ooooh I'll look into that. If the Feds want to clean
catboxes I'm in favor.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/