Cyclist finds lobsters abandoned in a hedge on the side of the road

Old February 15th 20, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cyclist finds lobsters abandoned in a hedge on the side of the road

QUOTE:
A cyclist's snappy actions saved the lives of three lifeless lobsters which had appeared to have been abandoned at the roadside.

Peter Leidig made the discovery on Saturday morning on his way to meet a friend, when he came across a "large blue lobster" at the side of the road in some leaves.

At first, he believed the lobster was plastic but as he got closer, he saw it was moving slightly.

Upon further inspection, Mr Leidig found two more lobsters in a "sorry state" further up the bank in damp leaves.

He said: "I was cycling out to meet a friend in Modbury and noticed a large blue lobster at the sided of the road in some leaves.

"I thought it was plastic at first." He added: "I turned back and noticed its mouth was moving and it had bands round its claws.

"More surprisingly, there were another two in a sorry state, further up the bank in some damp leaves and they were very big."
Mr Leidig said he thinks the lobsters had "fallen" from a delivery van.

He said: "I think they fell out a delivery van early morning, so they couldn’t find all the missing lobsters in the dark.

"There was also a lobster claw not attached to a lobster, so there might have been more than three." After finding the lobsters, Mr Leidig called a friend who came with a large bucket to collect them in and drove to nearby Mothecombe Beach, in a bid to try and revive them.

"They were lifeless in the bucket, so I was really happy when they started moving around in the water," he said. "We cut the bands off their claws and left them go in a pool of sea water.

"They were soon revitalised and walked off."

He added: "There’s probably more chance winning the lottery than surviving a fall from a lobster van, being found by a cyclist and driven back to the sea."

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-hedge-3839025
Old February 15th 20, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Lobsters on a cycling group? !!!!!!!

Old February 16th 20, 02:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/02/2020 21:45, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

What is the worst job you've ever 'ad?
Old February 16th 20, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Modesty

Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
A cyclist's snappy actions saved the lives of three lifeless lobsters which had appeared to have been abandoned at the roadside.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-hedge-3839025

Yay! A kind-hearted cyclist saves the lives of three lobsters. A
refreshingly pleasant story on this newsgroup, for a change.

Old February 16th 20, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 16/02/2020 09:41, Modesty wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
A cyclist's snappy actions saved the lives of three lifeless lobsters which had appeared to have been abandoned at the roadside.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-hedge-3839025

Yay! A kind-hearted cyclist saves the lives of three lobsters. A
refreshingly pleasant story on this newsgroup, for a change.

Presumably the cyclist is also a God, since he brought the dead back to
life, all praise the messiah cyclist.
Old February 16th 20, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Modesty

Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
A cyclist's snappy actions saved the lives of three lifeless lobsters which had appeared to have been abandoned at the roadside.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-hedge-3839025

Yay! A kind-hearted cyclist saves the lives of three lobsters. A
refreshingly pleasant story on this newsgroup, for a change.

Presumably the cyclist is also a God, since he brought the dead back to
life, all praise the messiah cyclist.

Yes, well, unfortunately the standard of journalism in some of these
provincial newspapers leaves a lot to be desired. Still, we all have
to learn I suppose.

Cyclist finds cars parked over new London Road cycle lanes Simon Mason[_6_] UK 0 October 24th 19 03:19 PM
Cyclist on wrong side of the road GB[_5_] UK 45 August 13th 19 12:18 AM
Moment driver knocks cyclist off bike on wrong side of road in hitand run (video) Bod[_5_] UK 2 June 5th 19 09:05 PM
Cyclist finds gold cfsmtb Australia 0 January 10th 05 09:30 AM
Riding on abandoned rail road tracks Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 10 June 22nd 04 04:44 PM