Old cycling video

Old May 21st 06, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Old cycling video

Enjoy :-)

With sound up.

Work safe

Shortcut to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPX...ch=80s%20music

Style Council

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence
Old May 22nd 06, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Look what I found on that site. Heart warming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_K7gG5e6A&dpos=0

wafflycat wrote:
Enjoy :-)

With sound up.

Old May 22nd 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Enjoy :-)

Love the bits where they're clearly on a trailer

See also Queen's Bicyle race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XkrWBLZMwA

Old May 22nd 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
Enjoy :-)

With sound up.
Work safe
Shortcut to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPX...ch=80s%20music
Style Council

Cheers, helen s

Thank's for that Helen.

I recall reading that when they made this film Paul Weller's dad went
all over the place, claiming that the director had made his son 'look
gay'. Shows how times have changed. When I was a lad it was a common
insult to say that cyclists were 'puffs', but now that being gay is
much more socially acceptable people have find other insults to
denigrate cyclists!

Still my favourite current cycling animation...

http://www.247show.com/watch-videos-.../cid/24/sid/85

Old May 22nd 06, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:

Enjoy :-)
With sound up.
Work safe
Shortcut to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPX...ch=80s%20music
Style Council

Cheers, helen s

Thanks for that Helen.

I recall reading that when they made this film Paul Weller's dad went
all over the place, claiming that the director had made his son 'look
gay'. (I think the 'banana peeling and running away from girls' scene
was the clincher). Perhaps the director was trying to imply something
about the supposed sexuality of cyclists. When I was a lad it was a
common insult to say that cyclists were 'puffs', but now that being gay
is much more socially acceptable people have find other insults to
denigrate cyclists!

Still my current favourite cycling animation...

http://www.247show.com/watch-videos-.../cid/24/sid/85

Old May 22nd 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
Enjoy :-)

With sound up.

Work safe

Shortcut to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPX...ch=80s%20music

Style Council

Cheers, helen s

Thanks for that Helen.

I recall reading that when they made this film Paul Weller's dad went
all over the place, claiming that the director had made his son 'look
gay'. (I think the 'banana peeling and running away from girls' scene
caused most concern). Perhaps the director was trying to imply
something about the supposed sexuality of cyclists. I recall that when
I was a lad it was a common insult to say that cyclists were 'puffs'.
(Yes an awful term but back in those dark days people also regarded
shows such as 'On the buses' and Love thy neighbour' as being
'comedy'). Now that being gay is, quite rightly, not stigmatised in the
way it was, people have had find other insults to denigrate cyclists!

Old May 23rd 06, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

Still my favourite current cycling animation...

http://www.247show.com/watch-videos-.../cid/24/sid/85

Shirley you mean Belleville Rendezvous. Nothing beats Grandma with her
trike and whistle.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old May 24th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-dT4kGCNWI
--

Martin Bulmer