DANGER! DANGER! Beware wandering sheep if MTBing in Greece

Old September 17th 15, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default DANGER! DANGER! Beware wandering sheep if MTBing in Greece

Good idea to check your surroundings BEFORE hitting high speeds or taking jumps on an MTB.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/near-mis...140921724.html

Cheers
Old September 17th 15, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Good idea to check your surroundings BEFORE hitting high speeds or taking jumps on an MTB.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/near-mis...140921724.html

Cheers

a lumber ad from Canada ?

there's a rally video going downhill in a series of swooping curves across rangeland. around the next left hander we proceed sideways with goatpro at speed into the herd where a large ungulate is T Boned....

he'll see us...not likely....local noise sez that was a fatal.
Old September 17th 15, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

nnnnnnnnnnnnnn

a lumber ad from Canada ?

there's a rally video going downhill in a series of swooping curves across rangeland. around the next left hander we see a herd of cattle crossing, we proceed sideways with goatpro at speed into the herd where we T Bone a large black ungulate....

he'll see us...not likely....local noise sez that was a fatal.

retards throw corn attracting deer before rush hour. Prob at Dungeness.

I was attacked by locals ( see preceding) at the upper John Day River. Escaping, I saw deer ahead on the way up the hill. slowed moving past a dead deer and a dead local Dodge. Wuhwuhwuhwuh....

Old September 17th 15, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/16/2015 11:59 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Good idea to check your surroundings BEFORE hitting high speeds or taking jumps on an MTB.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/near-mis...140921724.html

Cheers

Animals can be scary! Last week, I had a close call with three young
deer who came out of the woods. And several years ago, on a fast
descent, a groundhog ran out of the weeds toward my bike. He turned
parallel to me just before reaching my line and I passed him with just a
few inches clearance.

But unlike Joerg, I still don't think riding is particularly dangerous.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 17th 15, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Frank Krygowski:
Animals can be scary!

I think the most scared I have ever been was in Germany.

Jet-lagged, I was taking a walk between two little towns (Schiesheim and
Hahnstatten) through some fields.

Sat down on a boulder to admire the night sky.

About 8 inches behind me I hear "Whoooooooooooosssssh" and feel hot
breath on the back of my neck.

I think my heart almost stopped.

A big old dairy cow had quietly walked over to check me out.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old September 17th 15, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2015-09-17 1:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:
Animals can be scary!

I think the most scared I have ever been was in Germany.

Jet-lagged, I was taking a walk between two little towns (Schiesheim and
Hahnstatten) through some fields.

Sat down on a boulder to admire the night sky.

About 8 inches behind me I hear "Whoooooooooooosssssh" and feel hot
breath on the back of my neck.

I think my heart almost stopped.

A big old dairy cow had quietly walked over to check me out.

My only collision with wildlife that hurt a bit (but only me) was with a
mule deer doe. Early morning, late for a bus, not fully awake, ran along
a trail as fast as I could ... *BAM* ... tumble. The deer just looked at
me as if saying "And what was that all about?".

A few close ones on the MTB but no touches. A friend of one of our
neighbors was not so lucky. He had a head-on with a deer on his MTB and
did not survive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old September 18th 15, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Good idea to check your surroundings BEFORE hitting high speeds or taking jumps on an MTB.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/near-mis...140921724.html

Cheers

the following prob not what I referred but just a spot check

https://www.google.com/#q=rally%20ca...%3Ayoutube.com
Old September 18th 15, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 7:26:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Good idea to check your surroundings BEFORE hitting high speeds or taking jumps on an MTB.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/near-mis...140921724.html

Cheers

the following prob not what I referred but just a spot check

https://www.google.com/#q=rally%20ca...%3Ayoutube.com

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 for honorable mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpGMBdKxeI
Old September 18th 15, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTIv8jO4bs
Old September 18th 15, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I blunder into utube for highway terror and rallyitis, a hobby, abt 2-3 times a year. The experience is educational. The drivers around you on your local roads are capable or incapable of anything at any time.

One of the bikers was cut off hitting his head on a post or beam...and his head tore off ?

Danger! Danger! in PDX jbeattie Techniques 3 May 14th 15 11:07 AM
London "Danger! Danger!" Frank Krygowski[_2_] Techniques 66 December 19th 13 02:21 AM
Danger Danger! Graham Techniques 161 December 3rd 13 10:11 PM
Danger! Danger! (Worst liability waiver?) [email protected] General 16 February 12th 08 09:18 AM
DO NOT WEAR YOUR HELMLET!! DANGER, DANGER, danger TJ Mountain Biking 4 December 23rd 06 07:03 PM