Better Braking?

Old February 12th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Better Braking?

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 09:02:30 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 2/11/2020 7:17 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:

snip

Yup. Ford vs. Chevy, Mopar vs. Ford, Packers vs. Bears, Christianity
vs. Islam, Campagnolo vs. Shimano, Republican vs. Democrat, tastes great
vs. less filling (and of course all vice versa). It's all religion of
one sort or another, which in turn is all tribalism. And little to none
of it has a basis in fact.

Even when it does have a basis in fact it doesn't matter.

You can cite peer-reviewed studies published in journals with impeccable
credentials, statistically sound surveys, and expert opinions, until
you're blue in the face and it won't matter to the people that have a
vested interest in ignorance.

Errr... what facts are those? You assertion that a cheap Chinese
flashlight is the nirvana of bicycle lighting? Or that it is
impossible to drill a hole in a tube without a completely equipped
machine shop?

As for impeccable credentials... I've told you mine but strangely
enough you haven't mentioned yours... is this because you don't have
any? That you make your profound statements based solely on your
imagination?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old February 12th 20, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/11/2020 4:13 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 9:29 AM, Mark J. wrote:

snip

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it!"Â*Â* -Upton Sinclair

Nice, but the reality is that for most "debates" on Usenet, no one's
salary depends on perpetuating ignorance, they do it for other reasons.

From one current website owned by "sms" AKA Stephen M. Scharf: "Help
Support My Web Site By Entering the following Merchants Via My Site ..."

From another: " If you found this site useful and were going to order
from one of these merchants anyway, then it would be greatly
appreciated if you use these links to enter the merchant's site..."

Scharf is now a politician. His salary may not depend on what he posts
on Usenet. But it seems his pocket change still gets a little boost.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 12th 20, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:00:17 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/11/2020 4:13 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 9:29 AM, Mark J. wrote:

snip

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it!"** -Upton Sinclair

Nice, but the reality is that for most "debates" on Usenet, no one's
salary depends on perpetuating ignorance, they do it for other reasons.

From one current website owned by "sms" AKA Stephen M. Scharf: "Help
Support My Web Site By Entering the following Merchants Via My Site ..."

From another: " If you found this site useful and were going to order
from one of these merchants anyway, then it would be greatly
appreciated if you use these links to enter the merchant's site..."

Scharf is now a politician. His salary may not depend on what he posts
on Usenet. But it seems his pocket change still gets a little boost.

I had thought that a politician's wages were pretty good as I remember
sms proudly announcing his election and a day to so later revealed
that he and his wife had just bought new cars.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old February 12th 20, 09:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On 2/11/2020 4:13 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 9:29 AM, Mark J. wrote:

snip

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it!"Â*Â* -Upton Sinclair

Nice, but the reality is that for most "debates" on Usenet, no one's
salary depends on perpetuating ignorance, they do it for other reasons..

From one current website owned by "sms" AKA Stephen M. Scharf: "Help
Support My Web Site By Entering the following Merchants Via My Site ..."

From another: " If you found this site useful and were going to order
from one of these merchants anyway, then it would be greatly
appreciated if you use these links to enter the merchant's site..."

Scharf is now a politician. His salary may not depend on what he posts
on Usenet. But it seems his pocket change still gets a little boost.

I had thought that a politician's wages were pretty good as I remember
sms proudly announcing his election and a day to so later revealed
that he and his wife had just bought new cars.
--
cheers,

John B.

Does this bother you? Are we also going to discuss your pension and what you do with it?

Lou
Old February 12th 20, 10:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Frank "Burn, Burn" Krygowski is RBT's self-appointed Witchfinder-General and Slow Johnny is the rat who scurries at his heels.

Andre Jute
Now who should burned?

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 6:45:04 AM UTC, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:00:17 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

From one current website owned by "sms" AKA Stephen M. Scharf: "Help
Support My Web Site By Entering the following Merchants Via My Site ..."

From another: " If you found this site useful and were going to order

Old February 12th 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/11/2020 10:44 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

I had thought that a politician's wages were pretty good as I remember
sms proudly announcing his election and a day to so later revealed
that he and his wife had just bought new cars.

Huh?

I get paid $680 per month on the city council. It's way less than
minimum wage! It actually came down since they stopped an included
stipend for cell phone and internet.

Only in large cities are the politicians paid anything close to a real
salary. In some cities the City Council members don't get any money at all.

As to our cars, my wife's 2014 Prius was purchased before I was elected.
My 2017 Camry replaced a 1996 Camry.

Have you been listening to Frank's stories again?!
Old February 12th 20, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/12/2020 2:13 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/12/2020 1:28 AM, wrote:

snip

I had thought that a politician's wages were pretty good as I remember
sms proudly announcing his election and a day to so later revealed
that he and his wife had just bought new cars.
--
cheers,

John B.

Does this bother you? Are we also going to discuss your pension and
what you do with it?

Well I just wish that it were true that the wages were good! In reality
they're terrible. Sounds like John is following Frank into the abyss of
lies...

I posted no lies. I posted statements copied and pasted from Scharf's
websites that indicate he hopes to make some money from people's
purchases of devices he recommends.

Those statements prove something else he used to have posted on his
sites, which I previously quoted he He engages in "guerilla
marketing" by posting his recommendations to newsgroups like this one.

I doubt he makes much money from this, which is why I referred to pocket
change. But who knows? If someone actually believes his hype and buys a
"complete, well-equipped machine shop" (or however he phrased it) just
to install a Rivnut, maybe the commission will be significant! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 12th 20, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 4:25:55 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 6:02:36 PM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/10/2020 10:18 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:27:52 PM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Careful, John! You're one step away from joining Sir, me and several
others on Scharf's "filter list." It's what he does with people who
prove he spouts a lot of nonsense.

It's the internet equivalent of covering one's ears and singing "La la
la, I can't hear you!" Very mature!

--
- Frank Krygowski

This from Franki-boy, who brags constantly that I'm in his "kill file" (even though he always seems to know what I said) ...

A typical Jute lie. I have never said Jute was in my kill file. I don't
even have a kill file.

I have said I read very little of Jute's postings; and the little of
them I do read is typically done by speed reading or skimming.

Jute posts tend to be tediously long, rambling, egotistical, obnoxious,
filled with insults that might be penned by an eight-year-old, and
generally boring. They're simply not worth any significant time.

See http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=204228

--
- Frank Krygowski

Poor Franki-boy hates me so much that he keeps right handy on his computer a fact-free hit job on me from a wannabe writer called Peter Howard and offers it to us twice a year. What a worthless ******: he can't even write his own abuse.

Andre Jute
Frank-boy should take Slow Johnny's advice and STFU because every time he opens his mouth he exposes the vicious void inside him

When he accused me of faking hitting my head on an overhanging branch that was too much. I don't find conversing with him when he has his rare moments of lucidity but they certainly are getting rare.
Old February 12th 20, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:20:24 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 3:17:58 PM UTC, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 06:37:00 +0700, John B
wrote:
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 16:41:35 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 09:44:45 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

People like what they like and that, for me, explains it fully,.

And tend to think that what they like is also what happens to be
right, and everyone else is therefore wrong. Which explains every
rec.bikes.tech flame war ever... ;-)

And what is so astonishing is how "they" just can seem to realize how
superior "Mine" are in comparison to all the others :-) -- cheers,

Yup. Ford vs. Chevy, Mopar vs. Ford, Packers vs. Bears, Christianity
vs. Islam, Campagnolo vs. Shimano, Republican vs. Democrat, tastes great
vs. less filling (and of course all vice versa). It's all religion of
one sort or another, which in turn is all tribalism. And little to none
of it has a basis in fact.

Global Warming v A Little Local Weather. No basis in fact either.

Andre Jute
Conservationist

Since I designed spectrographs I can draw the exact curves of the sun's emissions and the earth's response to it. I can show you that CO2 cannot effect atmospheric temperature at all. That is if the fact that the level of CO2 in the atmosphere was 4 times what it is now during the last ice age doesn't convince you.

I have written the President directly about NASA forging temperature graphs that bear no relationship to reality. The thermometer records from just 15 years ago do not bear any relationship to what NASA is presently claiming.

This entire department of NASA has to be closed down and criminal charges filed against these people.

Regenerative braking Marc[_2_] UK 3 December 24th 09 12:01 PM
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase. Michael Press Techniques 47 January 30th 07 11:06 PM
braking system strawberry Mountain Biking 11 April 3rd 05 06:54 PM
Braking in corners Doki UK 34 May 6th 04 11:13 AM
Thoughts on braking John Appleby General 76 August 11th 03 10:30 AM