Better Braking?

Old February 12th 20, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Better Braking?

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 1:13:31 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 9:29 AM, Mark J. wrote:

snip

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it!"Â*Â* -Upton Sinclair

Nice, but the reality is that for most "debates" on Usenet, no one's
salary depends on perpetuating ignorance, they do it for other reasons.

They will ignore peer-reviewed studies, statistically sound surveys,
indisputable data, and expert opinions, just because they want to save face.

They will never admit that whatever they are advocating for has no
logical basis.

It's fine to talk about what your preferences are, and the reasons for
them, but at least admit that those reasons may not apply to others.

You are obviously NOT a scientist of any sort. Today if you read Science which covers lots of published papers what you see is NOT science but opinion with people going to rather shocking lengths to support those opinions.

For that matter the left seems to be going crazy because we are not responding to their stupid cries for help.

My wife has just told me they are teaching the grandchildren that honeybees are an invasive species that are killing off native bees. Say what? Native bees do fill the same ecological niche. Aside from most being pollinators of some sort, they have little to nothing in common. This is the science of today.
Old February 13th 20, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:12:24 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

But I can't help but notice that nowhere above is "data" mentioned. I
tend to think in terms of benefits vs. detriments as indicated by real
data. It seems to be a rare and unpopular mode of thought.

Data has never been a common or popular mode of thought.
Old February 13th 20, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/12/2020 6:31 PM, sms wrote:
On 2/12/2020 3:18 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:13:57 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 2/12/2020 1:28 AM, wrote:

snip

I had thought that a politician's wages were pretty good as I remember
sms proudly announcing his election and a day to so later revealed
that he and his wife had just bought new cars.
--
cheers,

John B.

Does this bother you? Are we also going to discuss your pension and
what you do with it?

Well I just wish that it were true that the wages were good! In reality
they're terrible. Sounds like John is following Frank into the abyss of
lies, for what reason it is unclear. Maybe he's still upset about
Rivnuts.

Lies? Is it a lie that you did post that you had been elected? Is it a
lie that you did post that you and your wife had bought new cars...

It is true that I was elected.

It is a lie that my wife and I bought new cars.

I bought a new car about a year after I was elected. Is it okay to buy a
new car after 21 years? Next time I'll check with you and Frank to be
sure I'm allowed to do so.

I said not a word about your car purchases. Quit the straw man attacks.

I said you attempt to make pocket change from your web sites. I posted
quotations from your websites to prove that. If you want to dispute what
I said, stick to what I said, not what you imagine.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Old February 13th 20, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

wrote:

But I can't help but notice that nowhere above is "data" mentioned. I
tend to think in terms of benefits vs. detriments as indicated by real
data. It seems to be a rare and unpopular mode of thought.

Data has never been a common or popular mode of thought.

Sure it is. But not when someone references their own data that they
fabricated and presents it as evidence, as the person complaining about
the lack of data is well known for.

Old February 13th 20, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

But I can't help but notice that nowhere above is "data" mentioned. I
tend to think in terms of benefits vs. detriments as indicated by real
data. It seems to be a rare and unpopular mode of thought.

Data has never been a common or popular mode of thought.

Sure it is. But not when someone references their own data that they
fabricated and presents it as evidence, as the person complaining about
the lack of data is well known for.

Own Data? You mean like your assertions that a cheap Chinese
flashlight is a perfect bicycle head light? Or that it took a fully
equipped machine to drill a hole in a bike frame?
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old February 13th 20, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

On 2/12/2020 1:28 AM, wrote:

[...]

You may want to rethink your agenda, and whatever the reason it is for
the behavior you're engaging in. It's not a good look for you.

Are you being sensitive at what John or Frank write? We have all watched their postings that show that both are in later stages of dementia.
Old February 13th 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

But I can't help but notice that nowhere above is "data" mentioned. I
tend to think in terms of benefits vs. detriments as indicated by real
data. It seems to be a rare and unpopular mode of thought.

Data has never been a common or popular mode of thought.

Sure it is. But not when someone references their own data that they
fabricated and presents it as evidence, as the person complaining about
the lack of data is well known for.

Own Data? You mean like your assertions that a cheap Chinese
flashlight is a perfect bicycle head light? Or that it took a fully
equipped machine to drill a hole in a bike frame?
--

Cheers,

John B.

I have taken Steven's word at the effectiveness of "cheap Chinese flashlights as bicycle lights" and he was completely correct. Sorry if you seem to think that you know anything about anything but you have shown yourself to be a great deal heavier on opinion than knowledge of anything.

Regenerative braking Marc[_2_] UK 3 December 24th 09 01:01 PM
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase. Michael Press Techniques 47 January 31st 07 12:06 AM
braking system strawberry Mountain Biking 11 April 3rd 05 06:54 PM
Braking in corners Doki UK 34 May 6th 04 11:13 AM
Thoughts on braking John Appleby General 76 August 11th 03 10:30 AM