OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

Old February 13th 20, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers
Old February 13th 20, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:43:17 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Bicycles. I think I've heard of those.
Old February 13th 20, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Just signed up for the Rideau Lakes Cycling Tour.

https://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/rlct/

Doing the classic one.

Does that count?
Old February 13th 20, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset
which is, basically, making black snot with emery dust and
elbow grease.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 13th 20, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 2/12/2020 4:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset which is,
basically, making black snot with emery dust and elbow grease.

Bummer about the black snot. I lusted after the 1975 model of that bike
back in the day. Huret Jubilee ultra-light derailleurs! Whee!

Mark J.
Old February 13th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/12/2020 7:13 PM, Mark J. wrote:
On 2/12/2020 4:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built)
frameset which is, basically, making black snot with emery
dust and elbow grease.

Bummer about the black snot. I lusted after the 1975 model
of that bike back in the day. Huret Jubilee ultra-light
derailleurs! Whee!

Mark J.

I bought my brother one in 1975, he still rides it.

today's rebirthing project:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/rcom20h.jpg
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/rcom20i.jpg

Old February 13th 20, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/12/2020 6:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Sort of. Yesterday I used my folding bike for a short ride. Turns out
the Cateye wireless cyclometer didn't register any speed or distance.
I'm hoping it's just that the sending unit's battery needs replaced.

This has been a frequent irritation in cold weather. The 20" wheels and
the tall stem make the distance from sender to display unit fairly
large, but still within the supposed range, according to the manual. But
for years I'd have problems with lost radio contact if the temperature
dropped below 40 F.

Last year or the year before, I decided it was because the handlebar
itself blocked the signal to some degree. I fabricated a plastic mount
to hold the display unit in front of the handlebar. It seemed to be
working until yesterday's ride, which was right about freezing. I'll
change the sender battery and see if it helps.

But I'm at an age where I no longer enjoy riding much below 40 F. Today
I'm fighting off a sore throat, which has been my usual punishment for a
cold weather ride. :-(

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 13th 20, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 21:28:33 UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

I'm really glad I'm comfortable riding when it's below freezing. Otherwise I'd miss about 1/2 of the year riding here.

Batteries losing power when really cold is the main reason I'm staying with an external battery pack headlight on my bikes.

Cheers
Old February 13th 20, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:53:54 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

I'm really glad I'm comfortable riding when it's below freezing.
Otherwise I'd miss about 1/2 of the year riding here.

Good for you and keep it up! I have given up on winter riding, which
here means missing anywhere from 5-7 months of riding depending on the
vagaries of weather from year to year. It's dangerous enough in the
summer with motorized idiots who can't put their f*****g cell phones
away to drive for ten minutes, put those idiots on ice and holy s**t.
Old February 13th 20, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Good Lord, they don't even have a motor! Must be Un-American ;-)
--

Cheers,

John B.

Bicycling related I guess acalcium Australia 0 May 29th 05 05:54 AM
Cycling related Bill C Racing 1 April 17th 05 02:20 AM
My first SPD related fall saveacup UK 18 January 8th 05 11:05 AM
chain related? dreaded General 3 September 17th 04 03:53 AM
chain related? dreaded Techniques 4 September 13th 04 05:07 AM