Legality of flashing bicycle lights?

Old December 2nd 14, 01:09 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Legality of flashing bicycle lights?

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 10:15:53 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 01/12/2014 09:26, Peter Keller wrote:

================================================== =================================
From: Simon Mason
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving Message-ID:

In what sense is there a '20mph school zone' early on?

There are 3 schools down that road and the speed limit is 20mph, but
hardly any driver I have met down there sticks to that limit and I
cycle down there at 20-25 mph and get passed every day.

--
Simon Mason

================================================== ==================================

"passed"?

Are you sure you spelled that correctly?

I think so.
"passed" here seems to be a past participle with mainly a verbal sense.
"past" would imply going by something which is stationary.

There are other words which contain "p*ssed".

Ahh!
Me and my literal thinking ....
Old December 2nd 14, 01:10 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:11:21 +0000, Judith wrote:

Whooooosh --------------------------------

A fart?
Old June 25th 15, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.driving, uk.legal, uk.rec.cycling
Ri©ardo

On 22/11/2014 22:16, John wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote

If anyone blinds you, simply activate your full beam, then you can see. I
also do this for BMWs with blue lights which are as bright on dip as most
cars on full.

Then neither of will be able to see and in a built-up area with parked
vehicles and with kids around that could be rather, how shall put it,
foolish to say the least.

John.

Why should we worry about baby goats - they shouldn't be wandering the
streets.

--
Moving Things In Still Pictures
Old June 25th 15, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Tough Guy no. 1265

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:52:31 +0100, Ri©ardo wrote:

On 22/11/2014 22:16, John wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote

If anyone blinds you, simply activate your full beam, then you can see. I
also do this for BMWs with blue lights which are as bright on dip as most
cars on full.

Then neither of will be able to see and in a built-up area with parked
vehicles and with kids around that could be rather, how shall put it,
foolish to say the least.

John.

Why should we worry about baby goats - they shouldn't be wandering the
streets.

Neither should children. We have pavements for a reason.

--
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

Flashing lights revisited Mike Causer UK 28 October 28th 06 07:56 PM
Flashing lights Steve Hodgson UK 40 November 3rd 05 11:33 PM
Flashing Lights Now Legal [email protected] UK 6 September 19th 05 07:28 PM
Batteryless bike flashing lights, new bicycle generator [email protected] Techniques 3 August 23rd 05 12:11 AM
Batteryless bicycle flashing lights, new kind of bicycle dynamo. [email protected] General 2 August 9th 05 02:44 PM