Bottle holder

Old May 20th 19, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Bottle holder

I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy
Old May 20th 19, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/20/2019 7:21 AM, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.
What size tube?

A popular and effective solution is a pair of rivnuts:
http://tentsshelters.tpub.com/TM-10-...24-14_67_2.jpg

(in some religions, doing that will brand you as an infidel)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 20th 19, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 5/20/2019 7:21 AM, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide
tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.
What size tube?

A popular and effective solution is a pair of rivnuts:
http://tentsshelters.tpub.com/TM-10-...24-14_67_2.jpg

(in some religions, doing that will brand you as an infidel)

The guy’s riding a Huffy. People have probably already branded him as an
infidel.

Old May 20th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:21:55 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

You might want to consider getting either a handlebar mount

https://www.amazon.com/BH-60-Handleb.../dp/B000YOOVIO

https://d8kboubjyveor.cloudfront.net...ndle_bar_2.jpg

or a seatpost mount. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1457573113

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1qAJCg...ck-Cycling.jpg

I like the handlebar mount because it's readily to hand. I use PROFILE cages like this one because they hold bottles quite securely even Gatorade or Powerade ones. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....ML._SY679_.jpg

Cheers
Old May 20th 19, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 7:53:00 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/20/2019 7:21 AM, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.
What size tube?

A popular and effective solution is a pair of rivnuts:
http://tentsshelters.tpub.com/TM-10-...24-14_67_2.jpg

(in some religions, doing that will brand you as an infidel)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

thanks.

Ralph already considers me an infidel because I have a Huffy.

I can't afford those fancy pants $4000 bikes.

:-)

Andy
Old May 20th 19, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/20/2019 8:52 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/20/2019 7:21 AM, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the
wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.
What size tube?

A popular and effective solution is a pair of rivnuts:
http://tentsshelters.tpub.com/TM-10-...24-14_67_2.jpg

(in some religions, doing that will brand you as an infidel)

And there are always hose clamps.
https://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/..._J6zyfo5oy.JPG

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 20th 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 20 May 2019 05:21:53 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.
It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

Any manner of cage mount. Attach to bicycle frame using Ty-wraps. Be
sure to put some tape, foam, or plastic between the cage mount and the
bicycle tube to avoid scratching the paint. If the Ty-wraps seem
loose, replace with a thicker and heavier Ty-wrap. Do not use hose
clamps as you're likely to cut yourself on the exposed metal strap.

There are also water bottle mounting clamps designed for the purpose:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bicycle+water+bottle+clamp

Drilling holes in the frame will not brand you an infidel. Instead,
you will be labeled a heretic for not following the wisdom of the
bicycling orthodoxy.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 20th 19, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On 5/20/2019 7:21 AM, AK wrote:
I want to get a bottle holder for my bike.

It has no pre-drilled holes for the holder.

I found some that clamp on but not sure if they would work with the wide tube that I would need to mount it to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqwef4nym...71257.jpg?dl=0

Andy

One measurement is worth a thousand opinions.
What size tube?

A popular and effective solution is a pair of rivnuts:
http://tentsshelters.tpub.com/TM-10-...24-14_67_2.jpg

(in some religions, doing that will brand you as an infidel)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

The tube that runs parallel to ground is 1.56".

The other tube varies in diameter.

Andy
Old May 20th 19, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 11:27:10 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Seatpost mount won't work because I have a rack there.

My handle is pretty crowded with headlight etc.

Andy
Old May 20th 19, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 1:03:54 PM UTC-4, AK wrote:
[...]

Actually the links to the seatpost mounted mount are for saddle mounts. The bottle mount fastens to the saddle between the rails not to the seatpost itself.

Maybe you should consider a hydration pack instead - such as a Camelback?

Cheers