Stupidity

Old April 10th 09, 02:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Default Stupidity

Here's something from the Bicycle Mackay list...

Hi Every-one,
Heard about this amazing act of stupidity that happened on a training
ride up at Airlie over the weekend and thought I'd let you all know
about it.

Hi Every-one,
Heard about this amazing act of stupidity that happened
on a training ride up at Airlie over the weekend and thought I'd let you
all know about it.

This would have to be up there as one of the dumbest tricks seen on a
training ride - I wasn't there fortunately as knowing my luck it would
have had a different outcome!!

A group of about 16 riders were on their usual Sunday morning ride when
a car full of young guys went past yelling abuse and then as they got to
the front rider they opened the rear door of the car - don't know how
they didn't take him out!

A few km up the road the same guys were on the side of the road and had
poured petrol from the middle right across the road and as Steve
(Country Matters) was almost level with it they lit it!! He had no where
to go but through the flames and luckily there was a bit of a gap to the
bunch and they managed to go around it or stop before it!!

The morons thought it was just a joke and a bit of fun but when a couple
of the riders got a bit aggitated and wanted to punch their lights out
they took off - one running across the fields and the rest inside. The
police were called and the fire brigade came as well due to the road
being on fire!!

We'll see what the outcome is and let you know.

They were so stupid they did it outside their own house!!

Tricia.

We face all sorts of dangers out on the road, but this has to take the
cake.

I have encouraged Trish to take it to the media- they would love it and
it may help to high light the dangers cyclists face out on the roads.

Take care every-one,

Lisa.

Old April 10th 09, 06:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Peter wrote:
[...]

Try being shot at. Really makes you pay attention. Unfortunately there's
little anyone can do in the face of such utter stupidity. And there's
always some in that category wherever you are.
Cheers,
Ray
Old April 18th 09, 08:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Adrian[_3_]

"ray" == ray writes:

ray Peter wrote:
Here's something from the Bicycle Mackay list...

Hi Every-one, Heard about this amazing act of stupidity that
happened on a training ride up at Airlie over the weekend and
thought I'd let you all know about it.

Hi Every-one, Heard about this amazing act of stupidity that
happened on a training ride up at Airlie over the weekend and
thought I'd let you all know about it.

Just wow.

They were so stupid they did it outside their own house!!

Tricia.

We face all sorts of dangers out on the road, but this has to take
the cake. I have encouraged Trish to take it to the media- they
would love it and it may help to high light the dangers cyclists
face out on the roads. Take care every-one, Lisa.

ray Try being shot at. Really makes you pay attention. Unfortunately
ray there's little anyone can do in the face of such utter
ray stupidity. And there's always some in that category wherever you
ray are. Cheers, Ray

Never been shot at while riding a bike[1], but one year on the first day of
duck hunting season a ute load of bogans driving towards me decided to
drive head-on at me while the passenger from the middle seat pointed the
shotgun out the driver's window and keep it aimed at me the whole time.

All three bogans in the ute thought it a hoot. Police refused to take a
report because I couldn't provide the registration and a description of
the driver.

As you say, it certainly sharpens the senses and adds that little
frisson to an otherwise boring ride around our nations kapital.

Adrian

[1] Both air-rifle and 0.22 while bushwalking and a crossbow once by
some bogans who didn't like me doing my high-school paper round and
walking on the nature strip of "their lawn".

--
Adrian

Gross stupidity Tom Crispin UK 19 February 16th 09 10:56 PM
More stupidity. soup UK 39 March 19th 05 08:50 AM
More Aussie stupidity MagillaGorilla Racing 4 November 19th 04 03:31 AM
More Aussie stupidity MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 18th 04 08:48 AM
New Level of Stupidity TritonRider Racing 2 September 1st 04 02:34 AM