Calling the Police to Report Vehicles Parked in the Bike Lane

Old March 16th 15, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Calling the Police to Report Vehicles Parked in the Bike Lane

Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle
parked in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number
(programmed into my phone for all the local cities). Since the police
are rather bored in many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send
someone out to ticket the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff
showed up in less than five minutes with lights flashing. I expect that
this may make it into the local weekly newspaper's crime report.
Old March 16th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 12:41:02 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle
parked in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number
(programmed into my phone for all the local cities). Since the police
are rather bored in many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send
someone out to ticket the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff
showed up in less than five minutes with lights flashing. I expect that
this may make it into the local weekly newspaper's crime report.

EXPECT A GOOD BEATING
Old March 16th 15, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

our departed butnot forgotten Gnashville Correspondent had a Celebrati in the nab habit of parking her SUV on the bike lane.

Going round had its moments and our correspondent complained.

As I remember the violation went on at length before resolution.

TV girl.

Old March 17th 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mr Pounder

"sms" wrote in message
Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle parked
in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number (programmed into
my phone for all the local cities). Since the police are rather bored in
many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send someone out to ticket
the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff showed up in less than
five minutes with lights flashing. I expect that this may make it into the
local weekly newspaper's crime report.

How sad.
You really are one big stupid jerkoff.

Old March 17th 15, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Mr Pounder wrote:

:"sms" wrote in message
: Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle parked
: in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number (programmed into
: my phone for all the local cities). Since the police are rather bored in
: many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send someone out to ticket
: the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff showed up in less than
: five minutes with lights flashing. I expect that this may make it into the
: local weekly newspaper's crime report.

:How sad.
:You really are one big stupid jerkoff.

Why? Because he's not tolerating oother people being a 'big stupid
jerkoff'?

--
sig 35
Old March 17th 15, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 3/17/2015 1:45 PM, David Scheidt wrote:

Why? Because he's not tolerating oother people being a 'big stupid
jerkoff'?

Cars parked in the bicycle lane should be towed away since they force
cyclists to go into the traffic lanes to pass which is very
dangerous--more dangerous than no bike lane at all.

The fine is only $45 plus various fees and surcharges which bump it up
to around $100. The fine should at least be as much as parking in a
handicapped space.
Old March 17th 15, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ian field

"sms" wrote in message
Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle parked
in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number (programmed into
my phone for all the local cities). Since the police are rather bored in
many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send someone out to ticket
the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff showed up in less than
five minutes with lights flashing. I expect that this may make it into the
local weekly newspaper's crime report.

In the UK; the police generally CBA about most things - and that would be
even further down their list.

Its not difficult to trim the ends off handlebar grips to expose the rough
ends of the handlebar steel tube.

Old March 18th 15, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_6_]

On 18/03/2015 7:40 AM, Ian Field wrote:

"sms" wrote in message
Whether I'm riding or driving or even walking, when I see a vehicle
parked in the bike lane I call the non-emergency police number
(programmed into my phone for all the local cities). Since the police
are rather bored in many Silicon Valley cities, they will always send
someone out to ticket the vehicle. I called yesterday and the sheriff
showed up in less than five minutes with lights flashing. I expect
that this may make it into the local weekly newspaper's crime report.

In the UK; the police generally CBA about most things - and that would
be even further down their list.

Its not difficult to trim the ends off handlebar grips to expose the
rough ends of the handlebar steel tube.

Wot is CBA? "care bugger all"? "couldn't be arsed"? Just curious.
PH