Worcester man 'livid' after cyclist throws paint on his car

Old July 3rd 20, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Worcester man 'livid' after cyclist throws paint on his car

What did the driver do?
QUOTE:
A YOUNG man was left furious after he saw a vandal throwing paint over his car, in what could have been an attack prompted by a 'minor altercation' earlier in the day.

Ben James, of Battenhall Road, Worcester, said he’s “livid” after he saw a middle-aged man, on a mountain bike, throw wood paint over his Hyundai i30 N Performance vehcile (SIC).

Mr James said: “I work hard to pay for my car and for somebody to throw paint over it, it makes you not want anything nice.

“It’s a good job I was still up and able to wash the paint off while it was still wet, but it does put me off owning anything nice.

“A little bit went on my brother’s car too, but mainly my car.”

Mr James said he saw the vandalism attack take place whilst he was on the phone and standing by his front window.

He ran out of his house to chase the man down the street but he escaped on his bike, he added.

Mr James described the man as "fat, bald and in his 40s". He was holding a carrier bag on the handlebars.

The 20-year-old added: "I’ve got no idea why he did it, to be honest. It’s pathetic, really. I chased him up the road but since he was on a bike, I had no chance. (JUST LIKE HIT AND RUN DRIVERS, EH?) - SM

“I saw somebody ride past on his bike as I was getting out of my car earlier in the day and he was staring at me. I said, ‘What are you looking at? and he muttered ‘p****.’

“That was the end of that as far as I was concerned, but obviously not for him. It doesn’t warrant that behaviour.

“It’s a childish reaction to a minor altercation. I’d expect it from a 16-year-old but not from a grown man.

“I’m just livid, to be honest. I hope he gets caught.”

A neighbour captured the vandalism attack on CCTV.

It took place at around 11pm on Thursday night (July 2) and has been reported to police.

If anyone saw anything or has CCTV footage of the incident, call the police on 101 and quote reference number 22-54574-20.

https://www.droitwichadvertiser.co.u...ows-paint-car/
Old July 3rd 20, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 03/07/2020 17:25, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Has the cyclist come forward to admit his guilt, apologise for the
criminal damage and pay compensation to the victim?
Old July 3rd 20, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 5:25:55 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
What did the driver do?

Some very perceptive comments here :-)
Obviously well known in the area.
QUOTE:

timetoknow 1 hr ago
2 I hope the chap gets his "Performance Vehcile (sic)" cleaned up without damage but there may be more to the earlier altercation than is mentioned here. The normal response from most people if they see someone looking at them is not to say "what you looking at."

Last Updated: 35 mins ago
Raymond Delauney 1 hr ago
3 Surely you are not suggesting that he might be telling the whole story here?

Last Updated: 35 mins ago
timetoknow 46 mins ago
1 Perish the thought, Raymondo. I'm sure that this young man when driving his "performance vehicle" always sticks to the speed limit and would never antagonise some fat, bald bloke on a bicycle by say, cutting him up.

Navigator24 23 mins ago
0 Mr James likes 'to be honest'. He said it at least twice. Claims a man cycled past looking at him, but calls it "a minor altercation". Strange term to use for someone just looking at you. And he is, of course, a 20 year old law abiding motorist as he drives his £30,000 car around the streets. No problems with other road users. Ever...
Lewis Hamilton 17 mins ago
0 Indeed - not a boy racer in his pumped up car.

Old July 3rd 20, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news...ows-paint-car/
Old July 3rd 20, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Friday, 3 July 2020 17:57:17 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

If this happened the way the tax hoover claims then the tax payer was in the wrong.
I wonder what the tax hoover did to incur it.