I'm three for three

Old July 5th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default I'm three for three

Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html
Old July 5th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 4, 8:14*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Beautiful!
Thanks!
Bill C
Old July 5th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim F

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Beautiful!
Thanks!
Bill C

Bootiful but flawed. Assumes each pro in their prime was the same age as
the other pros in theirs. I just hating bursting bubbles. Sundquist is
going to have to run this one, adjusting for age.

--
JF

"Here comes the lightening and here comes the thunder. Ride on the storm and
take it to the sea. "
- Jim Hunter

Old July 5th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Laura W

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.
Old July 5th 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Damn straight. If Burt was that funny, I'd totally subscribe to his feed.

I would totally love to see cloned teams. And I'd still bet on Merckx.

Old July 5th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Oops - big error from me.

JT

Old July 5th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jul 5, 12:26*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Damn straight. If Burt was that funny, I'd totally subscribe to his feed.

I would totally love to see cloned teams. And I'd still bet on Merckx.

Right. By the time they reach the age of 22 there will be nothing left
but well-fed Eddys.
-Paul
Old July 5th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Damn straight. If Burt was that funny, I'd totally subscribe to his feed.

I would totally love to see cloned teams. And I'd still bet on Merckx.

Right. By the time they reach the age of 22 there will be nothing left
but well-fed Eddys.
-Paul

Well, there was one good critique upthread: you're not really accounting
for the different "revelation" ages of each rider. Eddy won his first
TdF while still U-23; Lance wasn't amazing until after cancer.

For a fair test, will Evil-Hinault treat the clone-Lances (TIONYK)
preemptively, or at the same age as Lance-prime was treated? Does he
have a few extras in case not all of them make it through chemo?

Is he going to shoot out the clone-Greg lungs mid-career?

Virtual Tour Wins are about to get way more fun.

Old July 5th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:26:26 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
Genius from Burt Hoovis

http://www.bobkestrut.com/gygto01.html

Sorry, but Bobke and Burt are two very different people.

Damn straight. If Burt was that funny, I'd totally subscribe to his feed.

I would totally love to see cloned teams. And I'd still bet on Merckx.

Right. By the time they reach the age of 22 there will be nothing left
but well-fed Eddys.
-Paul

Well, there was one good critique upthread: you're not really accounting
for the different "revelation" ages of each rider. Eddy won his first
TdF while still U-23; Lance wasn't amazing until after cancer.

For a fair test, will Evil-Hinault treat the clone-Lances (TIONYK)
preemptively, or at the same age as Lance-prime was treated? Does he
have a few extras in case not all of them make it through chemo?

I think it's one of them temporal paradoxes. Armstrong was super
before cancer, he just didn't know how super he was. If the clones
can get hold of a newspaper from, say, 2000, then they're more likely
to win.
Old July 6th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 17:26:26 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

I think the Ira Levin novel "The Boys from Brazil" will have to be
required reading for any further discussions on this topic.

Does that date me?