Police ingore dangerous driving

Old February 11th 14, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Police ingore dangerous driving

A report of a nasty incident by a London Cyclist

=====Extract=====
Yesterday evening I was knocked off my bike by a left-turning van
driver on the Woolwich Road / A102 roundabout. I had my eye on a car
in the left lane, and didn?t notice the van which was in the right
hand lane then cut across the left lane to go left at the roundabout.
Fortunately I was not hurt apart from a slightly sprained knee, and
the driver stopped, apologised and exchanged details. But it could
have been worse.

But what really annoyed me was that when I tried to report the
incident to the police they just asked if I was injured. When I said
no, they were not interested . It seems that a driver can knock down a
cyclist with impunity provided they don?t actually injure us. If the
police won?t accept an accident report to be included in accident
statistics, how will we ever persuade the powers-that-be that
junctions like this are dangerous and need improving?
=====/Extract=====
Old February 12th 14, 12:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 23:52:23 +0000
Bertie Wooster wrote:

[...]

Some common injuries don't get bad until a day or two later, like
bruised ribs, a torn muscle or twisted knee, that then cause
considerable pain and disability that can last weeks. Anyone who has
woken up the day after a whiplash injury to find they can't lift their
head off the pillow will be painfully aware of this sort of thing.
Don't underestimate how much damage has been done. Don't think it's
not worth making an insurance claim. I don't mean take the **** like
some scam artist, just don't put up with anything you shouldn't have to.

Old February 12th 14, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
news
A report of a nasty incident by a London Cyclist

=====Extract=====
Yesterday evening I was knocked off my bike by a left-turning van
driver on the Woolwich Road / A102 roundabout. I had my eye on a car
in the left lane, and didn?t notice the van which was in the right
hand lane then cut across the left lane to go left at the roundabout.
Fortunately I was not hurt apart from a slightly sprained knee, and
the driver stopped, apologised and exchanged details. But it could
have been worse.

But what really annoyed me was that when I tried to report the
incident to the police they just asked if I was injured. When I said
no, they were not interested .

Why did he lie to the Police and say that his knee was not in fact sprained
as he earlier claimed?

Nobody likes a grass, especially a lying one. Should have been paying
attention.

Old February 12th 14, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:27:35 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

[...]

Agreed - the police should pursue the motorist for driving without due
care and attention.
Old February 12th 14, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

On 12/02/2014 12:27, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

[...]

Nobody likes a grass? Really? Is that why you don't report these coaches
that you see hurtling down the motorway at 70+ mph when they are only
capable of doing 62?
Old February 12th 14, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

Why did he lie to the Police and say that his knee was not in fact
sprained
as he earlier claimed?

Nobody likes a grass, especially a lying one. Should have been paying
attention.

Agreed - the police should pursue the motorist for driving without due
care and attention.

And charge him using what evidence? The cyclist has admitted to being
distracted and not paying attention, it's his own fault.

Old February 12th 14, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

wrote:

[...]

Bertie, don't take this idiot seriously. I caught him on a motoring
group complaining about coaches doing over 70 mph when in fact all
modern coaches are limited by law to 62 mph. Of course when I challenge
him to report the offending drivers (messing with a speed limiter is
punishable with a spell behind bars, as well it should be) he suddenly
becomes all defensive and resorts to his 'nobody likes a grass'
position. He obviously has a VERY tenuous grasp on reality.
Old February 12th 14, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

Agreed - the police should pursue the motorist for driving without due
care and attention.

Bertie, don't take this idiot seriously. I caught him on a motoring group
complaining about coaches doing over 70 mph when in fact all modern
coaches are limited by law to 62 mph. Of course when I challenge him to
report the offending drivers (messing with a speed limiter is punishable
with a spell behind bars, as well it should be) he suddenly becomes all
defensive and resorts to his 'nobody likes a grass' position. He obviously
has a VERY tenuous grasp on reality.

But you're not bothered, right?

Old February 12th 14, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_14_]

On 12/02/2014 12:36, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

Agreed - the police should pursue the motorist for driving without due
care and attention.

Bertie, don't take this idiot seriously. I caught him on a motoring
group complaining about coaches doing over 70 mph when in fact all
modern coaches are limited by law to 62 mph. Of course when I
challenge him to report the offending drivers (messing with a speed
limiter is punishable with a spell behind bars, as well it should be)
he suddenly becomes all defensive and resorts to his 'nobody likes a
grass' position. He obviously has a VERY tenuous grasp on reality.

But you're not bothered, right?

As I have explained elsewhere, yes, the fact that, in using this and
other groups, a simple question can lead to a situation where you are
hounded off usenet by bullies bothers me very much. That is why I have
hit back, and so far the results have been VERY encouraging.
Old February 12th 14, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Brian Robertson" wrote in message

As I have explained elsewhere, yes, the fact that, in using this and other
groups, a simple question can lead to a situation where you are hounded
off usenet by bullies bothers me very much. That is why I have hit back,
and so far the results have been VERY encouraging.

Indeed, you seem to have driven all of the (few) remaining non-trolling
cyclists off this group, very well done indeed. Last time I looked, you've
even encouraged anti-cyclists like Dave *back* here after months of absence.
What a victory, you must be extremely proud of yourself. And it only cost
you hundreds of hours of your time, and the money spent on various news
providers. Cracking stuff.