A different look at the helmet debate: was cycling links -

Old December 1st 04, 02:25 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
DiscoDuck wrote:
Using a pseudonym is not lying.
There is no reason to believe you are using your real name. IF you
are, what is your address and phone # and I will call you to confirm?...

There is enough information in his signature line to find Mr. Dolan's home
address and phone number using any number of Internet phone directories.

I will personally use this information to increase my chances of AVOIDING
contact with Mr. Dolan in real life.

The feeling is mutual of course.

There is no real anonymity on Usenet. Only fools think otherwise regardless
of their foolish pseudonyms. Since that is the case, why not use your real
name? Maybe someone could answer this question instead of just assuming that
everyone knows the answer.

As a former librarian I could track down each and every one of you, but why
would I want to do such a stupid thing. No way - Jose. The bits and pieces I
get from you via Usenet are more than enough. Anymore than that and I would
be sick unto death. It is my extreme pleasure never to know any of you. May
we all go to our graves forever ignorant of one another.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 02:30 AM
Edward Dolan

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
om...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

The only cyclists around here who are not wearing helmets are only the
most
casual cyclists - and the kids of course. All serious cyclists wear
helmets.

Wrong again. I bet you I would find plenty of "serious cyclists" who
do not wear a helmet.

Actually, I am the ONLY serious cyclist in these parts, so I am 100% correct
and you are 100% wrong. But hasn't that always been the case.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Serious - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 02:41 AM
Edward Dolan

"DiscoDuck" wrote in message
m...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
Cars and bikes are not the same thing - at all.

Correct, they are not. So you feel then there are NO head injuries
from car accidents. You're stupider than I thought.

"Cars and bikes are not the same thing - at all."

I've been road riding forty plus years and I have suffered only minor
road
rash during that time.

You are due. Prepare any day to die and meet your Maker. God will want
know why you did not wear a helmet. Your explanations to the rest of
us
do
not make any sense and we will continue to wear our bike helmets and
live
long enough to **** on your grave.

YOu are wrong. He is not due. The odds are greatly greatly greatly
in his favour.

Nonsense. We are all of us due. It is just a matter of time.

So then, why isn't the human race wiped out from bike accidents?
Virtually all of us have rode a bike. I ahve rode a bike for decades,
yet I am still alive. Defying the odds, am I? Then why only 78 in
Canada last year (most of which were superficial scrapes).

You are due too. Prepare to die. I will come and **** on your grave as a
token of respect.

Tell me Edward, how many people a year are killed from cycling related
head injuries each year in your state? Let me guess, you do not know.
You're just talking out of your ass out of your hatred for people who
want you (too) to have freedom of choice.

I occasionally read in the newspaper about some poor slob on his bike who
has gotten hit by a car and expired out there on the road.

Occassionaly? Did you assume that was the only cyclist in your city
for years, and got hit? Stupid stupid stupid.

Well, I don't know. If that cyclist happened to be me, I would consider it a
momentous event.

I don't know
about you, but I am planning to die in my own bed at home. There is no
thrill in it for me of getting hit by a motor vehicle, but others might
differ with me about this. Some like to die with their boots on.

You must be a fan of Hitler, and those who kill abortion doctors.

Hitler had his moments. I don't think abortion doctors ever have their
moments though and if anyone wants to put them out of their misery by
blowing their ****ing heads off, then I am all for it. The abortion docs
instead of killing the babies should maybe kill the mothers. I think that
would most definitely cut down on the abortions.

Wacko. No other word, but wacko.

You are the one that is wacko if you think it is OK for doctors to be
murdering unborn children. God Damn you and your types all the way to Hell
and back. May your soul burn in everlasting hellfire!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Saint - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 02:55 AM
Edward Dolan

"skip" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
$kip wrote:

I took a quick look at your web site and the photos I saw of you riding
all showed you wearing a helmet. Your children were wearing helmets
too. So my question would be if you are convinced helmuts are of no
value why do you bother with them? You may have already answered this
question and I missed it. I rarely read helmet threads and when I do I
don't read them carefully.

It has been proven that reading too many h*lm*t threads can cause brain
damage.

Tom, I think you right about this. Guy Chapman is driving me bonkers with
his pontifications on the subject. I swear to God, I am never going to
post another message on the subject of helmets again as long as I live.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan the Crazed - Minnesota

Please keep in mind you should always misspell helmut (or use asterisks as
Tom has done) in your postings to keep the helment googlers away.

skip

Good point Skip. As a former librarian I would never look up anything to
save my soul, but I suppose there are others like Mr. Sherman who
occasionally do searches on Google under a word such as helmet. God help us
all.

I have got to watch my blood pressure as it seems to be getting out of
control yet once again. Anytime I want to commit suicide I can go on some of
these other bike groups and I will implode in short order. I figure I had
best stay here on good old ARBR where everyone is finally getting to know me
and making allowances for me.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 03:21 AM
Edward Dolan

"skip" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:43:01 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

She is a woman who does not want to muss up her hair when she rides her
bike.

And you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Guy Chapman does not want to muss up his hair. That is why he does not
wear a helmet.

There is friend of mine who is exactly like him. His hair always looks
like he just stepped out of the barber shop. Hells Bells! I haven't been
to a barber shop in almost 45 years. When the price of a haircut went
over $1.00, I said that's it. **** haircuts and **** the g.d. barbers. I
have been cutting my own hair ever since and I have never once in my life
given a good g.d. what my hair looked like. But that is because I am a
man and not a pansy-man like Guy Chapman.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Ed, is there any way possible to get you to post a recent photo of
yourself? I need to see this.

You could attach it to a regular post - don't worry about it being an
improper thing to do. I will pay any fines levied by the authority having
jurisdiction.

skip

Cutting your own hair is a no-brainer. I just about die from laughter when I
see a vain man. With a woman there are some possibilities, but with a man
there are none. We men are all ugly as sin and redemption is impossible. It
is the old, old story of beauty and the beast. We men are condemned to be
the beast and some women are condemned to be the beauty. There is nothing to
be done about it except to laugh about it. It is one of nature's little
jokes on our species.

Other than not having the best haircut in the world, I am a pretty average
looking guy - not handsome but not totally ugly either. The ticket for men
to getting though life is never, no never, to really look at yourself in the
mirror. If you do that you will be struck with the deepest despair and you
will want to go down to your dirt floor basement in your house and put a
bullet through your brain. Just avoid those mirrors like the plague and you
will be OK.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 04:07 AM
Edward Dolan

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:21:05 -0600 "Edward Dolan"
used 64 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

[...]
Other than not having the best haircut in the world, I am a pretty average
looking guy - not handsome but not totally ugly either. The ticket for men
to getting though life is never, no never, to really look at yourself in
the
mirror. If you do that you will be struck with the deepest despair and you
will want to go down to your dirt floor basement in your house and put a
bullet through your brain. Just avoid those mirrors like the plague and
you
will be OK.

My, my Ed. This is the third time I've heard you mention "bullet in
your head". Are you feeling okay?

I am OK (I think), but I can't spend too much time pondering the problems of
the world. If I do I will go stark raving mad. Sometimes I think the best
thing any of us could do is severely limit ourselves to how much TV we are
going to watch. ARBR actually uplifts me and makes me feel good, but the
damn TV news sends me into a deep depression. I am convinced of one thing.
There is no solution to any problem.There never was and there never will be.
If and when you solve one problem, there will be another even greater
problem to takes it's place. Screw it! I just go out to the municipal liquor
store and get a bit of the old vino and all of a sudden the world starts to
look a bit better.

--
Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 1st 04, 04:26 AM
G. Morgan

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:07:47 -0600 "Edward Dolan"
used 38 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You sound depressed. Maybe it's the holiday season affecting your
mood. Alcohol is a depressant drug, and is not a good solution for
overcoming the "blues". I gather you are retired? Why not do some
volunteer work down at the animal shelter or deliver meals-on-wheels?
Getting out of the house and helping others will make you feel better.
Hell, go to the local retirement home and chat up some old-timers -
they would love to hear your rather unique perspective. ;-))

If I am off-base, I apologize. I also apologize for cross posting my
last reply to the "kook" group. I was going to have some fun with
you, but I realize now that was not appropriate.

-Graham

I'm sometimes dis-gruntled but I can't say I've ever felt "gruntled"
Old December 1st 04, 04:36 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

This guy, DiscoDuck, probably thinks Michael Moore is a major intellect
of our time, intead of the fat treasonous pig with no brian that he
is....

Brian was crucified.

Always look on the bright side of life!

That should be "brain" of course. I do not have the foggiest notion who or
what Brian was. Mr. Sherman is always assuming that everyone is on his wave
length. Surely he must be aware that not everyone on ARBR is exactly his
age. I mean, even I know that much.

Old December 1st 04, 04:58 AM
DiscoDuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message ...

Ed Dolan - Old But Not Yet Dead - Minnesota

Who think he is alive thanks to government intervention of laws. What a joke.
Old December 1st 04, 04:59 AM
DiscoDuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message ...
Regards,

Ed Dolan - the impotent - Minnesota

No wonder he is a control freak. He can't get it up and takes it out
on those who value freedom of choice.
Ed, you're a rapist of freedoms