North Texas

Old May 24th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

Default North Texas

I'm in Frisco - - a short hop from your neighborhood. I mostly cruise
around on a 26.

I also have a DX20 and would love to see how I'm supposed to be riding
it. I can hop down and ride one footed - but I've got a long way to
go before anyone puts me on youtube.

--
psbagumba

'http://www.friscounicycle.net' (http://www.friscounicycle.net/)
Old May 25th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

I'm in Garland. I and my son have been slowly learning on a couple of
20" unicycles. I'm mostly just riding around, have a 3 mile loop that
I go on near the house. My son and I went around White Rock Lake the
other day, taking turns riding unicycle and a 3-wheel cargo trike.

I think I've seen this guy out at WRL twice, although this picture is
from the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I've seen one guy out there on a
29" as well (I ride a bike there quite a bit.)
[image:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ade/Bike8.jpg]

--
StephenH
Old May 25th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jason13

I'm in the DFW area and have never ridden a unicycle. I'd like to give
it a try, but not sure I want to spend a ton of money on a unicycle to
try it out (in this economy, a ton of money is not that much).

Where in the area can one find used unicycles?

At 5' 10" and 205 lbs, what size unicycle would be best for me to start
with?

Given that I could get a unicycle and practice on it, I would
definitely be interested in meeting up with others.

Thanks,

Jason

--
jason13
Old May 26th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

jason13 wrote:

Where in the area can one find used unicycles?

Jason - - if you live in Frisco, you can try sitting on top of my DX20.
You'll be surprised how hard it is at first. It's a very tough little
machine.

Also, I routinely go to star parties (with the Texas Astronomical
Society) in Garland and in Richardson at UTD and could spend a half
hour with you during one of those trips. I almost always carry a uni
to the Garland party.

I've been watching craigslist for a while and it looks like there's not
much action. There's a 24 inch DX for sale in Sherman right now but
it's got a bent rim and I don't have any idea how bad it is.

That store that StephenH mentioned sells some cheapo Galaxys for about
70 bucks. I had a Galaxy for a while. They're sturdy -and very very
easy to ride. Well worth 70 bucks IMHO.

Old May 26th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

Hmmm...the place I'm thinking of, I believe it was Bike Island. Only,
if you find the street address, it says Bike Island on the side or the
back of the building, but then it was some other bicycle shop around on
the front. Only now, I'm not finding any unicycles by them on ebay, and
Yahoo yellow pages is not pulling up any other bicycle shop near that
location. And I'm pretty sure the unicycles there were Gravity brand.
Anyway, it's a moot point if they're not selling them any more.

--
StephenH
Old May 26th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

Yes, I think it is Bike Island. It's on the SW corner of 75 and Park (I
think it's park..might be parker...whichever one is close to Target)

Old May 26th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

Yup, that's it. The retail store there is (or was?) Cycle Spectrum.
Then around on the south side of the building it said "Bike Island".
Their website:
http://cyclespectrum.com/

For some reason, this won't pull up on Yahoo yellow pages, even when
you type the name itself it. I assume the store is still up and
running.

They list the Gravity brand of bikes on the website, but don't really
say if they sell unicycles any more or not.

--
StephenH
Old May 26th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

Sweet! I didn't know their was actually more people who rode in my area.
Well I'm not sure but last I checked the ft. worth Unipsychos still meet
every friday night in downtown ft. worth at the court house. If you guys
want to go let me know and I'll try and get in touch with everyone.

If anyone here is interested in riding street or trials stuff let me
know. I have soooo many spots that I can take you to no matter how good
or bad you are I have 2 friends in my neighborhood that have 20's
aswell who are still learning but can jump a few stairs on occasion.

Like I said though let me know what you guys can do and if you want to
go riding friday just post or PM me. Oh yeah, and feel free to organize
a ride sometime....Texas is too big to not have a unicycle
convention

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

North Texas unibabyguy Unicycling 0 May 23rd 08 11:41 PM
Rockwall Texas psbagumba Unicycling 0 January 26th 08 07:53 PM
Texas ditch surfing by Texas redneck porch monkeys LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 0 January 15th 08 07:02 AM
Cyclists in Texas? dtmeister Techniques 18 June 12th 06 12:10 AM
Texas Hold'Em B. Lafferty Racing 4 August 29th 05 05:23 AM