Uploading photos

Old October 30th 20, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Uploading photos

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you though on some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe I can understand why they don't.
Old October 31st 20, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could
upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you

Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how it
has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'

though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many
postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos
that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe
I can understand why they don't.

Sady, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.

Old October 31st 20, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:33:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could
upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you

Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how it
has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'
though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many
postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos
that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe
I can understand why they don't.

Sady, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.

You are aware that this is "Google Groups" aren't you?
Old October 31st 20, 07:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:18:44 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:33:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we
could upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you

Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how
it has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'
though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so
many postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the
photos that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string
bikini) maybe I can understand why they don't.

Sady, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.

You are aware that this is "Google Groups" aren't you?

No Tom, it isn't. Google just presents some Usenet lists as goggle group
entries. Usenet predates google groups and is not controlled by google.

Old October 31st 20, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, 31 October 2020 00:18:48 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:33:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could
upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you

Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how it
has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'
though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many
postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos
that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe
I can understand why they don't.

Sady, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.

You are aware that this is "Google Groups" aren't you?

NO, it's not. It's USENET accessed via Google Groups. Usenet predates Google by quite a bit. Usenet started in 1979 and Google started in 1998. That means Usenet predates Google by 19 years.

Cheers
Old October 31st 20, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 00:23:00 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

[...]

Actually even more as I believe that it wasn't until 2001 that Google
acquired Dega News and access to Usenet.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 31st 20, 09:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

John B. wrote:
On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 00:23:00 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, 31 October 2020 00:18:48 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:33:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could
upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you
Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how it
has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'
though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many
postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos
that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe
I can understand why they don't.
Sadly, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.
You are aware that this is "Google Groups" aren't you?

Good grief ...!

NO, it's not. It's USENET accessed via Google Groups. Usenet predates Google by

quite a bit. Usenet started in 1979 and Google started in 1998. That
means Usenet predates Google by 19 years.

And nobody is banning Tom from using an image hosting site to link to his
photos if he does not trust himself to manage his own webspace.

Actually even more as I believe that it wasn't until 2001 that Google
acquired Dega News and access to Usenet.

Dagger News in Arabic, Dogger Bank News in Anglo-Frisian, to be exact.
Old October 31st 20, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 10:34:44 PM UTC, wrote:
It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you though on some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe I can understand why they don't.

Don't hold your breath. Google announced many years ago, not too long after they gained effective control of Usenet, that they had no intention of assigning resources to it and that no update should be expected, nor overly much in management. Effectively, they wanted Usenet to die. Instead Usenet proved to be a home for the most stubborn Neanderthals on the Internet, as you can read in RBT any day of the week. Google is right now in the process of reformatting the presentation of the groups, so I assume they've given up declaring Usenet dead...

I'd like to know from all these clowns posting knee-jerk responses about how Tom is wrong, Google has nothing to do with Usenet, etc, etc, much more stupidity -- who do you think paid the salaries of the designers and programmers who recently visibly changed RBT, who sent out the notices of which I got several, signed by Google, that soon the old format will disappear and the new format will be compulsory? (It may have happened already, actually, since I can no longer see the choice of going back to the original version..) Whatever makes you think you still own even a smidgin of Usenet when Google is clearly in effective control? Here's a practical question: Who will you complain to if you don't like the new interface?

Andre Jute
"Neanderthals" may be too kind
Old October 31st 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/30/2020 11:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5:33:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:34:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

It would be nice if Google were to update this software so that we could
upload photos. All of the rest of the bike forums allow you

Lol, perhaps you should get a friend to explain what Usenet is and how it
has SFA to do with google, plus, how it is different to a 'forum'
though on
some of them you have to be a member for a month or more or make so many
postings before you're allowed to upload. But judging from the photos
that my friend sends me (Betty Big Boobs wearing a string bikini) maybe
I can understand why they don't.

Sady, the 'Great Tits' website has gone offline. It was really good.

You are aware that this is "Google Groups" aren't you?

Oh, no it's not.
WTF?
It's Usenet. I don't use any Gurgle at all.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 31st 20, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

AMuzi wrote:
[...]

You are using eternal-September as I am. I use NewsTap on my devices or
Mozilla on my PCs. I don’t use Google groups. I tried once and don’t like
it. It’s like you say about bikes. Choices are good.