Meeting cyclists via Usenet?

Old January 10th 04, 01:53 AM
Tom Sherman

Default Meeting cyclists via Usenet?

Karen M. wrote:

Tom wrote:

...I ride a very distinctive and rare [1] out of production recumbent
lowracer, so it is easy for people to guess who I am (like Zoot Katz in
the dinosaur suit).

[1] 18 in existence, and mine is the only red one in Illinois.

My sister in Oak Park has a red 'bent.

But is it an Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer with custom "T" handlebars and
a hinged steering riser? I highly doubt that there are two such bikes in
existence.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Old January 10th 04, 02:45 AM
Claire Petersky

"Ken [NY)" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:46:29 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
excreted:

If you're ever in the Seattle area, don't hesitate to drop a line, we'll

do
a ride. That goes for most of you, not just Karen. You just get to decide

if
you're in the "most" category ;-)

I'll be over tomorrow morning, say about eightish? My sons can
house-sit while we ride. They tend to eat a lot though.

That would be *fabulous*. My older daughter will be busy with a special exam
all morning -- if your sons can mind my younger one, we have all morning to
ride, and my husband can come too. He just did the grocery shopping, so
there's plenty to eat in the house for your sons.

What do you want to do -- ride around the top of the lake? That would be
about what I'd like to do. It's a 45 mile loop from here, at least the route
I like the best. They say chance of rain tomorrow morning, so bring your
jacket.

See you at 8:00! I can't *wait*!

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
My bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Old January 10th 04, 03:38 AM
Pete

"R15757" wrote in message
Damn Pete I never figured you for a recumbent.

Robert
diff'rent strokes eh

Currently lapsed, but I have a LWB frame collecting dust, awaiting buildup.
Also a 20" suspension fork that is looking for a SWB frame. Plus, I've been
refining a few front end designs for a low racer trike.

Oh...an old Bianchi MTB frame that SCREAMS for a SS conversion.

Along with the hoverskateboard design, too...

Pete

Old January 10th 04, 03:45 PM
Claire Petersky

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message

I'll be over tomorrow morning, say about eightish? My sons can
house-sit while we ride. They tend to eat a lot though.

That would be *fabulous*. .

What do you want to do -- ride around the top of the lake? That would be
about what I'd like to do. It's a 45 mile loop from here, at least the

route
I like the best. They say chance of rain tomorrow morning, so bring your
jacket.

See you at 8:00! I can't *wait*!

Ken, it's about 7:40 AM, and I'm just going to go upstairs and put on my
tights. I'm looking forward to seeing you here in just a few minutes. It's
not raining (although overcast), and as warm as 46 degrees already, so it
looks like some good riding. If you're not here by 8:00, I'll be heading up
and over the lake, so just catch up to me, ok?

Old January 11th 04, 05:46 AM
Claire Petersky

Well, Ken, you never showed, but I did write a review of this morning's
ride, which you may view over at r.b.rides. Sorry, you just missed out!

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
My bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Cyclists vs. runners??? Cwazee Yeti General 32 January 9th 04 06:57 AM
Calle Ocho, cyclists collide ThreeLeggedDog General 2 October 12th 03 08:42 AM
Tough day for cyclists Fred General 17 September 28th 03 01:41 AM
Do bicycles and cars mix? wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX General 62 September 13th 03 03:24 AM