Beginner Needs Advice

Old March 28th 04, 09:28 PM
H. M. Leary

Default Beginner Needs Advice

DRS wrote:
to it. I really don't like the look of my bike's frame
being entangled in cyclocomputer and generator wires.

That's why God invented cordless computers. Sheesh. :-)

And when does She plan on inventing the cordless generator?

SHE allready has!!!

havenıt you heard of lightening?

as in GEZAPPPP!

Old March 29th 04, 06:02 AM
Zoot Katz

28 Mar 2004 10:25:05 -0800,
,
(Bernie) wrote:

http://www.bikelite.com/

If you deal with them, do it by email or fax. They really don't do on line orders.
Nice quality, quick service, 2 inches of wire.
Bernie

How's it work mounted on the right side?
--
zk
Old March 29th 04, 03:45 PM
Pbwalther

Well, there has been some good advice.

1) Be sure your bike fits. Also have the right equipment: helmet (I hope this
does not produce another pro and anti helmet debate, but in most of these
organized events, they are required), gloves (good for cushioning hands, water
bottles on you bike mounted water bottle racks, seat bag with basic tools for
repairing a flat, comfortable shoes (preferably bike shoes), and a good pair of
bike shorts.

2) Forty miles is no big deal. Even a slow rider can do this at low speed in
about 3 hours. But it is a good idea to get time in the saddle and in some
condition.

You may not be able to bicycle that often, I would recommend that you make sure
that you get aerobic exercise during the week (assuming you ride on weekends).
Aerobic exercise will surely help. Of course, the more miles you get on the
bike that better. I have found that I can get into shape by just riding
distances that feel comfortable and gradually increasing the distances. The
10% increase per week is a good rule of thumb.

In preperation for the big day, do a ride that is 70% of your target distance
or 28 miles in this case. During the big day, ride at a reasonable pace. As
has been pointed out, your goal is to get there and finish not set any speed
records.

First Bike Advice Marc Jennings General 3 February 5th 04 03:19 PM
Rental advice needed for Anaheim, CA area John General 1 December 9th 03 10:30 PM
Beginner seeking advice Joe S. General 5 October 13th 03 10:57 PM
Advice on buying used road bike Michael S. Moorhead General 4 August 6th 03 04:06 AM