is anyone sick of John Lieswin

Old March 26th 04, 08:49 PM
karlwithak

Default is anyone sick of John Lieswin

I like his race reports and read them often, but i think sometimes he
just does not get it. It is hard to feel sorry for him when on paper
he has by far the best domestic team in the US. check out the bichfest
below.

Also the liberal tree hugger bull**** he usually slides in his reports
is so
gay. I bet he will miss the start of the San Fran GP while he is
registering for a marriage license. None the less he has a huge motor
and is a good public image guy for cycling

On one hand, you can't fault their thinking that taking 2nd at
Redlands would be a real coup for the small budget, relatively
unheralded Jittery Joe's squad. On the other hand, a strong argument
can be made that helping Horner defend the yellow jersey is pointless.
Why? Let's say that the 2 to 3 Jittery riders had not assisted Webcor
at all. One: Webcor may have cracked 20 or 30km to go and Horner would
have to call on his other friends (he has two team Monex guys to bail
him out, as we saw in the final 5km before the climb today) sooner.
Two: Horner is strong enough that he'd still be able to handle every
attack, but at least we'd have an exciting race with lots of attacking
and defending. Three: instead of 28 seconds (what the break actually
had today at the base of the final climb) the break would have had
perhaps 1:28 or even 2:00. Four: Horner would have still caught and
passed all breakaway riders (see results). Cesar is showing himself
capable of staying either on or very close to Horner. Ergo, without
Jittery Joes doing any work to help Horner, Cesar would with very high
probability still been in 2nd overall. By forcing Horner to do more
work than just dancing up the final climb each day, Cesar would
actually have a chance (albeit slim) to win the overall.
Old March 26th 04, 09:37 PM
James Calivar

No, but I'm sick of people like you who can't spell or capitalize.

"karlwithak" puked in message
om...

Old March 27th 04, 04:05 AM
Tom Kunich

"karlwithak" wrote in message
om...
I like his race reports and read them often, but i think sometimes he
just does not get it. It is hard to feel sorry for him when on paper
he has by far the best domestic team in the US. check out the bichfest
below.

I have a pretty good idea that you just don't get it. When you learn to race
bicycles then you can complain about John's writing. His point is simple -
someone who is losing generally isn't supposed to help someone who's
winning. That's easy enough to understand isn't it?

Old March 27th 04, 07:49 PM
karlwithak

I like it that is why I read it. But I like it because it gives me
insite to a guy who just does not get it. Why would jittery joes work
to save 2nd place rather than go for the win??? Because thay cant win
the overall, because Horner can ride the whole JJ team off his wheel
right now. Actually he is riding the US domestic peleton off his
wheel. including Leiswin and co.

I just want to read a race report that he writes say Horner is way
better than me.

Then don't read his journal, you whack job !

Old March 28th 04, 12:02 AM
DanSchmatz

from JLo
"Single handedly he shattered the field, brought back 1'10 to catch the
leaders, then led himself out to take the stage win. Impressive. Nobody else is
racing in his league"
Old March 29th 04, 04:13 PM
JTN

he gives you more insight as to whats going on than you will ever realize.
until you get to that level. hes doing you a favor by giving you info that
no one else will, or could in some cases.....lololo all that fluff you read
in the mags is from non racers.

enjoy it while you can.....