RIP Sheldon Brown

Old February 4th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Scott

Default RIP Sheldon Brown

I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

JLS
Old February 4th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pete Biggs

James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear the news.

Sheldon was a legend - with easily the best cycling website ever, and one of
the
best websites ever, period! He will never be forgotten for as long as
the internet remains - which is bound to be forever!

Best wishes to his family at this most difficult time.

~PB

Old February 4th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mtb Dad

What a shocking, sad, sad day. Condolances to his family and
friends. I'm just a stranger who he helped with advice, and in such a
generous way. His polite and funny style will be an example to me, on
the net and off.

Will someone post details such as donations in lieu etc.?

Old February 4th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Nakashima

"James Scott" wrote in message
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

JLS

My sincere condolences on the loss of Sheldon Brown, a lot of
good memories of the cycling community and RBT.
-tom

Old February 4th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Just A User

James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

JLS

Well it is a great loss. May the cycling trails in the sky be free and
clear for him to enjoy.
Old February 4th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zog The Undeniable

James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

:-(

At least you didn't suffer a lingering death from MS, Sheldon, and were
able to ride almost until the end.

RIP.
Old February 4th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Feb 4, 11:55*am, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

:-(

At least you didn't suffer a lingering death from MS, Sheldon, and were
able to ride almost until the end.

RIP.

And had a wonderful family and was apparently a mainstay of the local
musical theater and was a god of the bicycle community. He lived an
incredibly full life and made the world a better place, God bless him.
This is a big loss in many ways. -- Jay Beattie.
Old February 4th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

On Feb 4, 2:17*pm, James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

JLS

That stinks. A very funny, charming, and knowledgeable dude. He was
(and will continue to be) a household name in many parts of NYC.

http://sheldonbrown.com/humor/index.html

/s
Old February 4th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

NO! The trees in my forest are not allowed to fall. I am saddened to
see my good friend leave. It seems just yesterday that he and I rode
under blue skies along the Santa Cruz surf and up through the redwoods
along the San Andreas fault. I feel honored to have ridden with him.

Long live his memory and his accomplishments!

http://sheldonbrown.com/home.html

Jobst Brandt
Old February 4th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard

"James Scott" wrote in message
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell, Sheldon, and thanks.

JLS

I'm a comparitive newbie to modern cycling and Sheldon's pages were helpful
beyond measure. He could have put all that information in a printed book,
yet he chose to share his vast knowledge for free. I'm glad I dropped him a
short email of thanks only recently.

I add my condolences to his wife, children and friends. I hope they can find
some comfort in the knowledge that Sheldon will be remembered by a vast
number of strangers too.

Peter Howard

Sheldon Brown Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 March 29th 07 12:19 AM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 03:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 January 7th 04 10:00 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM