Another Bicycle Dream

Old May 4th 04, 06:03 PM
Claire Petersky

Default Another Bicycle Dream

Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

Bicycling along the coast on a beautiful paved trail. It's sunny and
warm, I'm singing, and both my voice and my legs feel strong.

The trail starts to peter out because we are getting close to the
US/Canada border. I can see the road through the trees -- the border
is heavily fortified at the road crossing. However, there is no one
here on the bicycle end of things -- it's just that the trail comes to
an end. The terrain is rugged, with steep slopes, basalt cliffs, and
sturdy trees.

At this point I am with a companion (identify unknown), and we use
ropes to climb the cliff where the trail stops. Our plan is to try to
cross the border through the forest, where we hope we can sneak
through without being discovered.

We scramble to the top of the cliff, and almost inevitably, we are
caught. We are taken to a detention center. My captors invite me to
take a five hour nap on a bunk, which I decline -- I have a fear that
this would be a fatal mistake. Instead, I demand to see Ryan
Cousineau, an influential Canadian who I think would be sympathetic to
my cause.

In the confusion and chaos that this demand creates, my companion
attempts an escape, which is unsuccessful. He is taken away for
punishment. Further, three other prisoners will be punished as a
demonstration. Although they are supposedly randomly selected, I am
one of the ones chosen. I know I'm being selected because it will
further the emotional pain of my companion to know that I am suffering
on his account.

With the other prisoners and my companion, I am taken to another room
for excution. I am prepped for lethal injection. I think to myself
that I should be frightened, but I am not. I mentally recite a prayer,
"Yiheyu l'ratzon imre-fi v'hegeyon libi l'faneka Adonai tzuri v'goali"
* and then pause, to see if words actually do come spontaneously out
of my mouth.

However, there is nothing but silence. They stick the needle in my
arm, and I can feel something cold flowing through my veins. I think,
"I am going to die" -- and then wake up.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

* This is not the traditional prayer said before death, which is
supposed to be the Sh'ma. Rather, this is the one traditionally
translated as: "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my
heart be acceptable unto Thee O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer"
Old May 4th 04, 06:40 PM
S o r n i

Claire Petersky wrote:
[...]

Penis envy.

Bill "I'm aFreud so" S.

Old May 4th 04, 09:31 PM
HardwareLust

Claire Petersky wrote:
Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

Certainly a lot more interesting than mine have been.

Of course, having a threesome with Britney Spears and Natali Gulbis isn't
anything to sneeze at either.

I think it's time for another nap. :-D

Regards,
H.

Old May 5th 04, 12:30 AM
Mike Kruger

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
om...
Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

... I demand to see Ryan
Cousineau, an influential Canadian who I think would be sympathetic to
my cause.

... three other prisoners will be punished as a
demonstration. .... I am prepped for lethal injection. I think to myself
that I should be frightened, but I am not. I mentally recite a prayer,
"Yiheyu l'ratzon imre-fi v'hegeyon libi l'faneka Adonai tzuri v'goali"
* and then pause, to see if words actually do come spontaneously out
of my mouth.

However, there is nothing but silence. They stick the needle in my
arm, and I can feel something cold flowing through my veins. I think,
"I am going to die" -- and then wake up.

I've sometimes wondered about this. Some people die in their sleep.
Do they have dreams like "I am going to die" -- and then not wake up?

* This is not the traditional prayer said before death, which is
supposed to be the Sh'ma. Rather, this is the one traditionally
translated as: "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my
heart be acceptable unto Thee O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer"

This is likely from one of the Psalms, as this is a Christian prayer as
well.

As far as the dream itself goes, there are similarities to recent traumatic
events in your life (meeting Ryan Cousineau) and traumatic events you have
seen in the news (Americans taken hostage in Iraq, and Americans treating
Iraqi prisoners horribly).

I'd prescribe "no evening news" for a while.

--
---
Mike Kruger

Old May 5th 04, 02:29 AM
Mark Hickey

" S o r n i" wrote:

Claire Petersky wrote:
Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

snip
However, there is nothing but silence. They stick the needle in my
arm, and I can feel something cold flowing through my veins. I think,
"I am going to die" -- and then wake up.

Penis envy.

My vote is for too many tacos, too late, for supper.

BTW, why WERE you "sneaking into Canada" anyway?

.... and FWIW, anyone who gets caught "sneaking into Canada" probably
won't last long in the real world. ;-)

Mark "I swam into Canada once" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old May 5th 04, 04:14 AM
cheg

Default OT: Another Bicycle Dream interpretation

[...]

The prayer is from Psalm 137, also well known as the reggae song "By the rivers
of Babylon". I think your dream is driven by the Orwellian fate that is
overtaking our country, e.g. "Homeland Security". Fear is used to justify
supression. First the easy targets are surpressed and the rest go along, because
they feel "safer". Next those who object are targeted and the majority does
nothing because it is still someone elses problem. Finally everyone is caught in
the net and there is no choice but to try and escape. Babalonian captivity
without ever leaving your home. It is still avoidable, but not impossible.

PS: Voting for Nader won't prevent this.

Old May 5th 04, 04:16 AM
Claire Petersky

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...
"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
om...
Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

Rather, this is the one traditionally
translated as: "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my
heart be acceptable unto Thee O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer"

This is likely from one of the Psalms, as this is a Christian prayer as
well.

Psalm 19:14. The translation I commonly use is "... of my heart flow from
the fullness of your Being, Eternal One, Source and Redeemer"

I'd prescribe "no evening news" for a while.

I don't watch evening news. I read the paper (actually, several) and The
Economist. When I'm in a car at rush hour, I might listen to NPR. I am
rather insulated from these sorts of images. I have seen some photographs
from the war, but I suspect these do not affect one as strongly as those
from television.

Old May 5th 04, 07:23 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article m,
"Mike Kruger" wrote:

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
om...
Another dream with a bicycle theme -- looking for interpretations...

... I demand to see Ryan
Cousineau, an influential Canadian who I think would be sympathetic to
my cause.

As far as the dream itself goes, there are similarities to recent traumatic
events in your life (meeting Ryan Cousineau) and traumatic events you have
seen in the news (Americans taken hostage in Iraq, and Americans treating
Iraqi prisoners horribly).

I'd like to assure everyone that I have many testimonials from
acquaintances that meeting me is only very rarely a traumatic event.

That said, being described as an influential Canadian is amusing. I
barely get to influence what I eat for lunch.

This is all going in my blog,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club