Rock n Roll

Old June 27th 17, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Rock n Roll

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:09:28 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 6/26/2017 6:09 AM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:12:04 +1000, James
wrote:

On 26/06/17 11:11, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:33:44 +1000, James
wrote:

On 26/06/17 07:54, wrote:

I snipped all but the pertinent bit I am going to reply about. It makes
reading mail much easier. I don't bother reading much of the
exceedingly long unsnipped posts because I cannot be bothered scrolling
down for half a minute past the old messages to find the new content.

And my question about electrolytes? Today I did 56 miles and 1700
feet of climbing. I have a can of Red Bull right now and since I used
another can three days ago and it seemed to work I expect to fully
recover overnight.

Good luck with that.

I'd prefer a litre of water, a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit cake,
followed by some gentle exercise after a short rest.

(smile) well, according to the label the Red Bull is about equal to a
cup of very strong coffee with a lot of sugar in it. The litre of
water is more or less what the Medics will give you for loss of blood
volume and the fruit cake tastes good :-)

Fruit cake is a bit more than empty calories though.

It probably depends on just what sort of "fruit cake" it is. I used to
make some with honey, peanut butter and oat meal, with a box of
raisins thrown in for "fruit". Certainly more then empty calories
there :-)

A fruit cake without rum? Heathen!

Rum adds little as an ingredient to something that is cooked.

As an aside, I used to know a couple of guys baked cookies with
ingredients that grow wild here in Thailand. They didn't make you any
faster but certainly made one more contented with a slower pace.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old June 27th 17, 07:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 27/06/17 09:28, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 4:05:44 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 26/06/17 21:09, John B. wrote:

It probably depends on just what sort of "fruit cake" it is. I
used to make some with honey, peanut butter and oat meal, with a
box of raisins thrown in for "fruit". Certainly more then empty
calories there :-)

I rode 90km yesterday, and Strava calculated that I produced 2049kJ
of mechanical energy output. There are various online resources
that suggest a reasonable estimation of human energy efficiency
from food to mechanical output, is 25%. That means my food energy
intake for that ride needed to be 8196kJ. The recommended daily
energy intake is 8700kJ for adult men. Maybe I'll have two slices
of fruit cake ;-)

Be careful. If you exercise a lot and then eat a lot, you're a very
sick person.
http://www.healthline.com/health/exe...more#overview1
This is why I have stopped exercising and learned to just eat a lot.
It is making me healthy again.

I knew there was something wrong with me!

--
JS