Exuberance Justifies Lethal Force In the U.S.

Old June 14th 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_5_]

Default LIMEY CYCLIST CAN SEE THE ROAD FOR HIS BUCK TEETH

On 6/11/2017 10:00 PM, Bret Cahill wrote:
I wasn't shot, arrested or even stopped but here's an example of the cop mentality in the U. S..

I would have run your silly ass over and then ****ed on your corpse, faggot.

Old June 14th 17, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Exuberance Justifies Lethal Force In the U.S.

It's really really important all visitors understand the cop situation in the U. S.

I've always like the story about how Viv Stanshall dealt with a local
sheriff from the south.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/reply/3126076?

One theory on why so many blacks are such good musicians -- when Mozart owned Europe Jefferson said blacks were better musicians than whites -- is they had to use music as well as everything else to survive.

That Jefferson guy did seem to say some sensible stuff,... when he took
a time out from ****ing his slaves, that is.

All mean are created equal.

I'm not sure if that is a sense of humour or hypocrisy.

A tsunami of historical spin has been going on in the U.S. for over a century and some of it may have washed up in the U.K. Thomas Edison complained about the media of his day ridiculing and expunging Thomas Paine entirely from the American conscience. Paine made ropes for ships yet "corset maker" was spammed enough to find its way even into history books.

AIUI it was almost certain that Jefferson had at least one child with
his slave Sally Hemmings.

They noticed 9 months after he returned home Hemmings always had another baby. He tried to help one of his sons escape, basically turning him into a fugitive, not much better than being a slave. As Tocqueville pointed out slavery was almost as horrific for the second family slave owner as the slave.

I wasn't making a great deal of this, I have
always greatly admired Jefferson and was only teasing.

Jefferson would say we were doing better under George III and be ready to recant.

I think the revisionism comes for the politically correct community that
are unwilling to admit their current ethical code is only a current view
rather than absolute truth. So they try to cover up history, revise it
or condemn great historical figures.

In the U. S. the media will jerryspringer a culture war to get the political debate off the economy. This isn't something that happens unconsciously due to hidden conflicts of interest. Every publisher in the sleazy industry is spreadsheeting everything, readership vs sponsorship, etc.

The reason they do this is because they don't want people to question if
their current values are truely good or correct from first principles.
The don't want people to think for themselves, they just want them to
accept the current dogma.

In the U. S. the media peddle editorial control.

We see the same type of behaviour from Islamic State, destroying
historical monuments that showed that their ancestors used to think
differently.

It's all pecuniary in the U.S. They weaponize minority rights _against_ majority rule on the economy. In the long run that undermines minority rights.

I'd like to get English translations of a few 1930s German newspapers.

Bret Cahill

Old June 15th 17, 02:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 14/06/2017 18:25, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

Maybe it is that members of the Jewish community exploit anti
discrimination laws to avoid criticism of their own behaviour promoting
Jewish interests?

I'd like to get English translations of a few 1930s German newspapers.

What are you looking for?
Old June 15th 17, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

[...]

Actually things weren't quite so insane when the Jews had more influence.

It took just 3 Emails to start an unprecedented 2 billion dollar project in California, preserving the shore line of the Salton Sea by drying out the deeper middle portion for a loop lake. Everyone in Sacramento was as thoughtful and intelligent as what can be expected.

Try anything in DC and you discover they are all barfheads.

And it keeps getting worse.

I'd like to get English translations of a few 1930s German newspapers.

What are you looking for?

I'm particularly interested in any articles that suggest a "3rd way" something that isn't democracy or dictatorship.

Tocqueville was clear. There is no 3rd way. Either it's the dominion of the majority or the "unlimited authority of a single man."

The same thing may have happened then as well.

tRUMP may be impeached before he becomes dictator but that doesn't change the _situation_.

If not tRUMP then it'll be the next guy.

Bret Cahill

Old June 15th 17, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 15/06/2017 05:44, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

Nazi Germany doesn't seem to me to be the place to look for a third way.
Wouldn't it be better to look at modern systems like Russia, China or
even Iran?

Tocqueville was clear. There is no 3rd way. Either it's the dominion of the majority or the "unlimited authority of a single man."

On the contrary I think there is a continuous spectrum in between the two.

I'm not sure who this Tocqueville is but he seems to be a fool. I
thought the earlier comment about slave owners having it tough was a joke.

The same thing may have happened then as well.

tRUMP may be impeached before he becomes dictator but that doesn't change the _situation_.

If not tRUMP then it'll be the next guy.

I don't know why you guys are so hung up on Trump. He is a bit of a ****
but he hasn't started any wars like Bush and seems more rational and
safe than Reagan, to a bigly degree.

It is probably worth having a shake up of the establishment to disrupt
the corrupt practices that have a tendency to establish themselves. Once
Trump goes there will be another clean out and things can start afresh,
with bright new uncorrupted faces.

Old June 16th 17, 05:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

[...]

Not just Nazi Germany but 3rd way doesn't exist anywhere. It's a self indulgent fantasy.

If 1930s German media were indulging 3rd way fantasy it would confirm what Tocqueville said. 3rd way shouldn't be too difficult to spot in their editorials, spin, etc.

Wouldn't it be better to look at modern systems like Russia, China or
even Iran?

Those countries were always somewhat despotic.

It's easier with a western country that "lost the plot."

Tocqueville was clear. There is no 3rd way. Either it's the dominion of the majority or the "unlimited authority of a single man."

On the contrary I think there is a continuous spectrum in between the two..

That's certainly true. As the political guru of the founders, Montesquieu, pointed out taxation is 100% correlative to freedom. M. went from the country with the highest taxes / most freedom, England, to 2nd place, Holland, all the way down to Turkey with the lowest taxes / least freedom. M. claimed that was like a fundamental law of nature.

But that's still a one dimensional line. The point here was there is no way to get off that line.

If the lofty "elites" delude themselves that they can redefine democracy to mean tossing the public out of all substantive decision making processes, we won't end up with loftytopia.

We'll end up with the worst possible government, despotism.

I'm not sure who this Tocqueville is but he seems to be a fool.

Actually he was trying to move the remnants on the ancien regime toward freedom.

Political freedom was only way to oppose the evils that might arise from equality.

thought the earlier comment about slave owners having it tough was a joke..

Coretta Scott King said that racism held back Southern whites as well as blacks. This is somewhat related to what Tocqueville said about race based chattel slavery before the Civil War.

When you have to turn your kid into a fugitive like Jefferson did . . . .

The same thing may have happened then as well.

tRUMP may be impeached before he becomes dictator but that doesn't change the _situation_.

If not tRUMP then it'll be the next guy.

I don't know why you guys are so hung up on Trump. He is a bit of a ****
but he hasn't started any wars like Bush and seems more rational and
safe than Reagan, to a bigly degree.

So far so good _politically_.

It is probably worth having a shake up of the establishment to disrupt
the corrupt practices that have a tendency to establish themselves.

This is the one and only rosy scenario sequence of events:

1. tRUMP makes a complete mess of the GOP establishment before he leaves office. I cannot deny I enjoy this.

2. The GOP establishment is joined at the hip to the "liberal" legacy media so any collateral attack will take down the media as well. The media suspect this which is why they are so feverish. (tRUMP's showboating attacks on the media are actually doing the reverse, making the media look reputable but this isn't the deciding factor.)

3. Without the shill media a vacuum is created in the Democratic Party which sucks in someone like Sanders.

On the down side a lot of things could go wrong, even if you aren't concerned about another meltdown.

Tocqueville said you could take any 50 year period going back to the 11th century and equality will have increased at the end of that 50 year period.

At first this sounds good but when you consider it includes the case where everyone is equally dead . . .

Once
Trump goes there will be another clean out and things can start afresh,
with bright new uncorrupted faces.

A lot of false ideas that became institutionalized in the past few decades or so need to be toppled. tRUMP is a wrecking ball.

On the other hand he likes to cut deals. The deal he may cut with the establishment might be to toss the people under the bus. The "elite" is the U. S. believe in nothing but shilling for money and tRUMP knows it. The elite deplore the sovereignty of the people even more than they fear tRUMP.

Same as Florence. The elite families hated Lorenzo but they hated the popoli even more. So they went with Lorenzo.

The only difference is after they cut a deal with tRUMP tRUMP will promptly toss the former elites under the bus. Sure the shills deserve it but that doesn't do anything for the people.

Bret Cahill

When will they take away this lethal street furniture? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 40 June 14th 10 06:52 PM
EXACTLY HOW LETHAL IS CYCLING? Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 41 April 9th 10 11:51 PM
Lethal little old lady in the making Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 0 October 9th 09 06:08 PM
Lethal new toy! Mikefule Unicycling 13 March 15th 04 05:44 AM
It's Official: 4x4's are lethal for ped's and cyclists. Howard UK 81 January 9th 04 02:45 AM