Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

Old June 26th 17, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

On 26/06/2017 11:05, TMS320 wrote:
On 26/06/17 09:29, d wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:05:35 +0100
TMS320 wrote:
On 23/06/17 13:29,
d wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:46:52 +0100 TMS320 wrote:

I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.

Perhaps its time to ban bicycles from all roads where the national
speed limit applies, not just motorways.

Major problem - single track country lanes are NSL, even if the
practical limit is often just 25mph; for the cross country traveller

Good point. Perhaps just a ban from dual carriageways then where vehicles
routinely manage the NSL.

there are major A roads with sections that genuinely have no minor road
alternative.

There are always alternatives, it just depends how much of a detour
you're
willing to take.

There is a matter of reasonableness. 30 miles to avoid a mile or two
between two junctions can hardly be considered reasonable. Particularly
when a road gets built or upgraded which cuts off past access.

Thirty miles instead of a mile?

Most people can agree with that objection, but are there any examples of
it happening (other than maybe an estuarial crossing being temporarily
closed)?
Old June 26th 17, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, wrote:

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Due care and manslaughter?
Old June 26th 17, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, wrote:

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Sir Brad a had armed policemen on the A63, so bring it on Fatso.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...-record-172007
Old June 26th 17, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:05:28 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:28:19 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 16:18:13 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:46:12 +0100, wrote:

What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters
causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of
the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

**** off you health and softy ****.

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

So what? The cyclist chooses to enter the race, the cyclist decides what risks to take. If he thinks the roads are too dangerous for bicycles, he doesn't enter.

--
An old black-and-white photograph of a man milking a cow was sent to a photo-finishing company.
The man was sitting behind the cow, and all that was visible of him were his legs and feet.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...-record-172007
Old June 26th 17, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 26/06/17 09:29, d wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:05:35 +0100
TMS320 wrote:
On 23/06/17 13:29,
d wrote:
[...]

just ban racing on the roads, problem solved, a dozen or so lives saved
per year, plus 12 million quid or so that doesn't get taken from the tax
paying public, and millions of man hours saved from being stuck in
traffic hold ups caused by the races and their crashes.
Old June 26th 17, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:15:37 +0100, wrote:

[...]

"Bayern-Runfahrt" - [titter]

--
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's fun and games that you can't see anymore.
Old June 26th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:14:39 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, wrote:

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Sir Brad a had armed policemen on the A63, so bring it on Fatso.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...-record-172007

Is Brad a target or something?

--
Three guys go to a ski lodge, and there aren't enough rooms, so they have to share a bed. In the middle of the night, the guy on the right wakes up and says, "I had this wild, vivid dream of getting a hand job!" The guy on the left wakes up, and unbelievably, he's had the same dream, too. Then the guy in the middle wakes up and says, "That's funny, I dreamt I was skiing!"
Old June 26th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:12:27 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:28:21 AM UTC+1, wrote:

Newflash sunshine, if a vehicle had squished one of those cyclists - and I saw
quite a few come close especially going around some of the bends where the
manimal wasn't visible until the last minute - it wouldn't be the driver who's
family would be holding a funeral for him a few weeks later.

Due care and manslaughter?

Indeed - driving without being able to see your stopping distance ahead.

Old June 26th 17, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:21:54 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:12:49 +0100, wrote:
And in the meantime vehicles are having to swerve in and out dangerously
often just because a bunch of dickheads want to have a little race.

Are you incapable of an overtaking manoeuvre? You don't swerve dangerously,
you get held up. The only thing you can possibly complain about is being held
up. If the driver swerves dangerously, it's the driver at fault.

Coming around a bend on an NSL dual carraigeway you don't expect to see an
idiot in lycra with a silly helmet doing 15mph. Its bad enough for cars to
manouvre past them, but try telling the truckers why they have to come to a
virtual stop every few hundred metres and then try and pull out into 70mph
traffic, or failing that just stay in the outside line and cause a couple of
mile tailback.

So explain to me again how these ****wits can justify holding a bike race on
the A3 in the middle of the fecking week?

--
Spud