Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

Old June 27th 17, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:04:56 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 17:00:57 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:52:29 +0100
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:48:25 +0100, wrote:
Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.

No, it was further south than guildford. But he seems to believe dual
carraigeways never have tight corners. Clearly he doesn't drive and doesn't
have a clue.

What you showed was not a tight corner. You're clearly a **** driver.

Its a tight corner for the speed limit there. If you had anything resembling
a clue you'd be able to see that straight away.

I can clearly drive better than you, I'd be going 90 there nad be able to stop
before an unseen thing, which would have to be after the truck.

LOL Ah, you never cease to amuse. For a start if you went 90 around that
corner you'd be off into the scenery and secondly perhaps you should try real
driving instead of playing driving games on your XBox and assuming they're
like real life.

If yes: You are a dangerous driver.
If no: The cyclists aren't a problem for you.

Go get yourself a driving license so you might actually know more about
driving than you picked up sitting next to mummy when she took you to school.
Then get back to us you muppet.

Thought so, you failed to answer. It was a simple enough question. I can

A question that has 2 options designed to give 2 particular answers neither of
which apply isn't a question, its a straw man.

Now **** off.

Why, running out of BS to respond with?

Oh shame, I changed my name so this won't go in your killfile but now you've
flounced off you'll either have to pretend you never read this and stew in
silence or swallow your pride and respond.

My killfile isn't that stupid, and why did you think you were already in it?

No, but you are.

I was waiting for your lack of answer before I did. Now you're in it.

No, I'm not. I doubt you even have one and even if you do, I can change
all the relevant fields to defeat any killfile unless you filter on the
new server host and if you filter on that you'll filter out half the posts on
this group. So bikeyboy, going to swallow your pride, admit your KF is BS and
respond to this or pretend you didn't see it and stew? )

Which is it going to be bikeboy?

Funny you should call me that, considering I use a car 99% of the time.

I'm sure you do. Taxi For Mr Wankinson...

--
dupS

Old June 27th 17, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 27-Jun-17 9:32 AM, d wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:19:29 +0100
Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26-Jun-17 4:49 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:17:07 +0100, JNugent

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:

road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual
carriageways have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not
tight corners like B roads.

Like this for example?
https://goo.gl/maps/FAFt7Pg9ep52

Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.

Yes, there's a whole one other vehicle on this side.

So you don't know the road, thanks for clearing that up.

It is, and its still too fast for that corner not just because of the bend
but because you get almost no view of whats around it when coming up the
hill.

But he is a wonderful driver, he must be, he has told us often enough.

And don't forget he has told us that that road is not busy.

---

Old June 27th 17, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 27-Jun-17 9:42 AM, al wrote:
[...]

Indeed if he went round either road at 90 he would be in trouble as they
both get tighter.

Old June 27th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

Tony Dragon wrote:
On 26-Jun-17 4:49 PM, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:17:07 +0100, JNugent

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:

road, like a broken down car? Go take your test again. Dual
carriageways have plenty of distance for you to see ahead, not
tight corners like B roads.

Like this for example?
https://goo.gl/maps/FAFt7Pg9ep52

Is that the bit of A3 where the cycle racing was taking place? It's got
to be the worst and most congested stretch of the road in Surrey.

Yes, there's a whole one other vehicle on this side.

So you don't know the road, thanks for clearing that up.

It is, and its still too fast for that corner not just because of the bend
but because you get almost no view of whats around it when coming up the
hill.

Oddly I replied to the wrong post there. That should have been a reply to
the 50 limit one you made.

But he is a wonderful driver, he must be, he has told us often enough.

Oh I'm sure Hamilton has absoltely nothing on this guy

And don't forget he has told us that that road is not busy.

And he's a driving expert after all, who are we to disagree...

--
Spud

Old June 27th 17, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 27-Jun-17 10:32 AM, d wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:07:03 +0100
Tony Dragon wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
[...]

Mike Hawthorn also had a problem with that road.

---

Old June 27th 17, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Nick Finnigan

On 27/06/2017 00:42, TMS320 wrote:

The word "racing" does not appear anywhere in the text you quote above your
reply. Besides, racing is banned on public roads unless organisers get
permission.

Taking part in or promoting a race or a trial of speed between motor
vehicles requires permission. You can race against a pedal cycle provided
you don't use highways with a speed limit of 40mph or less.
Old June 28th 17, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 27/06/2017 23:39, Nick Finnigan wrote:
On 27/06/2017 00:42, TMS320 wrote:

The word "racing" does not appear anywhere in the text you quote above
your
reply. Besides, racing is banned on public roads unless organisers get
permission.

Taking part in or promoting a race or a trial of speed between motor
vehicles requires permission. You can race against a pedal cycle
provided you don't use highways with a speed limit of 40mph or less.

a blanket ban on racing on public roads will save lives, time and money.