Shorts question-

Old April 30th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
CM[_3_]

Default Shorts question-

I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly "frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

Old April 30th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"CM" writes:
I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly "frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

There are these Andiamo[tm] padded skins and padded briefs:
http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/ANDXPYSX

These can be worn under all kinds of shorts, but with whatever
outer shorts you choose to wear, if any seams are in the wrong
places, they can still chafe or produce other discomforts
(e.g: setting on the thick seams of jeans cut-offs, impeding
your blood circulation.) Other cut-offs that have worked for
myself (your own milage may vary) include traditional grey or
beige gabardine work pants, and Dockers, which are so
wonderfully soft and thin-seamed. The gabardine work pants
are a great material to shoot some appropriate Campmor water
repellant spray onto, to deal with warmer-weather,
late spring/summer/early fall showers.

BTW, I can't prove it, but I suspect that Assos chamois cream
is just re-packaged zinc oxide diaper cream (which works
pretty good anyways.)

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 30th 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Apr 29, 11:00*pm, "CM" wrote:
I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly *"frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

Bike specific underwear (aka liner shorts) under regular cargo
shorts?

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d... 1241063241833

You might still feel uncomfortable, but you'll be less likely to
frighten small children.

Old April 30th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

CM wrote:
I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly "frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a pair of mountain biking shorts. They're different than the
kind you see riders in races on TV wearing, in that they're cut loose.
These particular shorts come with an undershort that more resembles the
racing kind. It's very snug, and has a pad.
Frankly, after a few rides in these items, I got to where I didn't
care so much what I look like, and now have several of the racing style
shorts.

Bill (Frumious)

__o | Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans
_`\(,_ | who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym
(_)/ (_) | to ride the stationary bicycle. -- Earl Blumenauer

Old April 30th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Phil W Lee wrote:
"CM" considered Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:00:52 GMT the perfect
time to write:

I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly "frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

Ride in cold weather?

Or wear cycling shorts as underwear and baggier bike shorts over -
that works for me.

That works for me also, with a couple of tweaks. First, I've found thin
(usually cheaper) bike shorts are more comfortable than the padded
underwear sold for the purpose. Second, you've got to find over-shorts
that have flat seams and made from light material (running, basketball
shorts, etc.).

A simple solution is to wear a long t-shirt. Another is to carry a pair
of light running shorts to put on when you're off the bike. I pretty
much do the t-shirt thing. I much prefer them to cycling jerseys. I wear
all-synthetic (Coolmax) ones, $10-15 a pop, wick & dry very well and
last forever.

Finally, in the "go big or go home" category -- go with the flow & get a
codpiece.
Old April 30th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Neil Brooks

On Apr 29, 9:00*pm, "CM" wrote:
I got a serious question

Nah.

You don't, actually.

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...mLZq49G 1_HR0

Pretty damned bored, huh?
Old April 30th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Apr 30, 9:10*am, Peter Cole wrote:

Finally, in the "go big or go home" category -- go with the flow & get a
codpiece.- -

or loincloth

Shorts question [email protected] UK 6 January 25th 08 06:33 PM
Stupid question about bike shorts wheeliemaster Unicycling 9 August 4th 06 10:40 AM
Cycling shorts question?! ppt General 2 May 12th 06 11:26 AM
Question about Riding Shorts, etc. :-) Mark Techniques 11 April 15th 04 02:49 AM
Cycling Shorts with *gel* padding question ?? Trevor George UK 7 July 16th 03 09:11 AM