Walkie-Talkie system for cyclists

Old May 23rd 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kroma

Default Walkie-Talkie system for cyclists

Hello,

My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding it quite lonely
as, unless we are cycling right next to each other, we cannot hear each
other talk.

Does anybody know of a walkie-talkie type system (with earpieces etc) that
we could use on our bikes (we are UK based) - similar to what I believe
motorcyclists use. I've had a search around but can't find anything
specifically for cyclists.

Thank you,

Kroma

Old May 23rd 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_16_]

Kroma wrote:
:: Hello,
::
:: My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding it quite
:: lonely as, unless we are cycling right next to each other, we cannot
:: hear each other talk.
::
:: Does anybody know of a walkie-talkie type system (with earpieces
:: etc) that we could use on our bikes (we are UK based) - similar to
:: what I believe motorcyclists use. I've had a search around but
:: can't find anything specifically for cyclists.
::
:: Thank you,
::
:: Kroma

There is a company called DSI Electronics Tech-Link which makes these
items. See: http://www.viprv.com/otherproducts/rvaccessories.html

Old May 23rd 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Kroma wrote:
Hello,

My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding it quite lonely
as, unless we are cycling right next to each other, we cannot hear each
other talk.

Isn't that a good thing?
Old May 23rd 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding
it quite lonely as, unless we are cycling right next to each
other, we cannot hear each other talk.

=v= My bike group has had great success with Motorola walkie-
talkies. They're lightweight, work well, and the newer models
look very cool. I see from their website that they're sold
in the U.K.

=v= In the U.S. we had a system called Nextel, with cellphones
that had walkie-talkie features. My group used these for a
while, as did many small bike messenger businesses. We had
some trouble with the service, so reverted to having separate
cellphones and walkie-talkies. It's a good idea, though.

Isn't that a good thing?

=v= Maybe for *your* wife.
_Jym_

Old May 23rd 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Kroma wrote:

My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding it quite lonely
as, unless we are cycling right next to each other, we cannot hear each
other talk.

Does anybody know of a walkie-talkie type system (with earpieces etc) that
we could use on our bikes (we are UK based) - similar to what I believe
motorcyclists use. I've had a search around but can't find anything
specifically for cyclists.

'zennybuddy know what the pro's use? I'm hearing the commentators on
the Giro talk about radio communication with riders, but apart from an
occasional suspicious square bulge in the back of a jersey, I don't know
any details.

Bill (Frumious)

__o |
_`\(,_ | Burn fat, not oil.
(_)/ (_) |
Old May 24th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On May 23, 9:18*am, "Kroma" wrote:
Hello,

My wife and I have just got into cycling but we are finding it quite lonely
as, unless we are cycling right next to each other, we cannot hear each
other talk.

Does anybody know of a walkie-talkie type system (with earpieces etc) that
we could use on our bikes (we are UK based) - similar to what I believe
motorcyclists use. *I've had a search around but can't find anything
specifically for cyclists.

Thank you,

Kroma

Hi there.

I use a vfoice-activated radio or walkie talkie when riding with
friends on the road. Ours have a boom mike and an ear bud that can be
worn behind th ear.

You should be able to find something in an audio store or perhaps an
office supply shop.

Cheers from Peter

Do cyclists' dogs chase cyclists? Gooserider General 14 May 9th 06 01:22 PM
Effects of the rotor pedalling system on the performance of trained cyclists during incremental and constant-load cycle-ergometer tests. [email protected] Racing 1 March 29th 06 05:36 PM
brake system?? musketman Unicycling 6 February 28th 05 12:47 AM
Bicycling and walkie talkies Roger Zoul General 6 April 25th 04 09:47 PM
FREEMAP: Free mapping system for walkers/cyclists: Legal (copyright) issues Nick UK 9 March 19th 04 02:29 PM