For you who use ::: what is your Favorite Bicycle Helmet ??

Old July 23rd 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Janet O'Leary

Default For you who use ::: what is your Favorite Bicycle Helmet ??

I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

So far, can't decide which one to get..

I don't want fancy. Comfort is more important.

Also, I am not looking for the most expensive, or the cheapest..

Any recommendations ..

ps ps ps ps ps .. if you don't wear a helmet, no problem. This is your
decision,
and you have every right to wear one or not..

I kinda like wearing a helmet, probably because I've worn one for so long it
just
feels right ..

Old July 23rd 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Noplacia

How about a new Bell? They're great helmets and the newer ones are a
bit more comfortable and lighter than the old. Giro also makes good
helmets. Even if you don't mountain bike, you might try a mountain
biking helmet because they have a bit more coverage on the back of the
head. No need to defend yourself against naysayers. You could say
the sky is blue and someone would manage to argue or post something
nasty. It's part of the glory of the internet!

Old July 23rd 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Big Jim

Bell metro is the most comfy I've ever used.

Old July 23rd 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mac

wrote:

I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

I like Bell Citi. Not suitable for time-trials.
Old July 23rd 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 23, 2:21*pm, Big Jim wrote:
Bell metro is the most comfy I've ever used.

The Metro is a nice looking helmet too.
Old July 24th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Jul 23, 4:53*pm, mac wrote:
wrote:
I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

I like Bell Citi. Not suitable for time-trials.

Bell helmets in Canada are department store item, and seem to be
overly heavy and hard to adjust. For a few dollars more, I can get a
Giro helmet with a decent back-of-the-head adjustment knob that works
well - it even lets me fit the thing well while switching between
wearing a toque under it or not, which comes up a lot in early spring
here.
Old July 24th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Janet O'Leary wrote:
I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

So far, can't decide which one to get..

I don't want fancy. Comfort is more important.

Also, I am not looking for the most expensive, or the cheapest..

Any recommendations ..

Comfort and proper fit matter more than price or looks. What works
for me or someone else may not be best for you.
I recommend that you go to whatever store in your area has the
largest selection (around here that's REI) and try on as many as
possible. Don't get one that's too tight OR TOO LOOSE. See that you
adjust the one you select correctly, and recheck the fit.
I just learned that a former student of mine went for a ride on a
motorcycle, wearing a borrowed helmet. It slipped down and blocked her
vision. May she rest in peace.

Bill

__o |
_`\(,_ | Subvert the fuel-based-transportation paradigm!
(_)/ (_) |
Old July 24th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JP

"Cully J" wrote in message
On Jul 23, 2:21 pm, Big Jim wrote:
Bell metro is the most comfy I've ever used.

::::::::::::::::::The Metro is a nice looking helmet too.

I replaced my Giro G2 with a Louis Garneau.
Was the most comfortable one I tried on.
After a year I'm still happy with it..

JP

Old July 24th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Janet O'Leary wrote:
I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

Personally I have had good luck with Bell. They seem to fit my noggin
better than others, so I have just stuck with them when I replaced my
last one.
Old July 24th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 23, 9:44*am, "Janet O'Leary"
wrote:
I'm looking to replace my old Bell..

So far, can't decide which one to get..

I don't want fancy. *Comfort is more important.

Also, I am not looking for the most expensive, or the cheapest..

Any recommendations ..

ps ps ps ps ps .. * if you don't wear a helmet, no problem. *This is your
decision,
and you have every right to wear one or not..

I kinda like wearing a helmet, probably because I've worn one for so long it
just
feels right ..

I'd like to deviate from the, apparent, Bell monopoly. But, I have to
suggest a Bell Metro.

It's so stylish!

Cullen
(Us cyclists are all about style, right?)