Handlebar measurements

Old February 20th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Handlebar measurements

Can someone tell me how handlebar reach and drop are measured? Width is
measured either c-c or o-o, and it's usually specified.

I'm trying to get measurements for my current handlebar (3TTT Prima
199, 40cm o-o, 26.0), looking to replace it with an OS bar.

Thanks.
jp

Old February 20th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

jp_nyc wrote:
Can someone tell me how handlebar reach and drop are measured? Width is
measured either c-c or o-o, and it's usually specified.

I'm trying to get measurements for my current handlebar (3TTT Prima
199, 40cm o-o, 26.0), looking to replace it with an OS bar.

Some manufacturers measure the extreme dimension, while others measure
center to center.

I cannot remember who is which in this regard, but I seem to remember
Cinelli being one way, TTT being the other way.

Old February 21st 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"bill" wrote:

jp_nyc wrote:
Can someone tell me how handlebar reach and drop are measured? Width is
measured either c-c or o-o, and it's usually specified.

I'm trying to get measurements for my current handlebar (3TTT Prima
199, 40cm o-o, 26.0), looking to replace it with an OS bar.

Some manufacturers measure the extreme dimension, while others measure
center to center.

I cannot remember who is which in this regard, but I seem to remember
Cinelli being one way, TTT being the other way.

TTT is measured outside to outside.
Cinelli is measured center to center.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old February 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"bill" wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

TTT is measured outside to outside.
Cinelli is measured center to center.

OK, now it is coming back to me. I had Cinelli 66-44 bars, and to go
to TTT and have the same width, I needed something with a 46mm
measurement...and I couldn't find one or something.

If you get this backward, you end up missing your mark by 4cm! Ouch.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame