Zabriskie, raw and unedited

Old October 3rd 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
caffetrieste

Default Zabriskie, raw and unedited

I'll probably ignite a new thread of personal attacks by posting this
one, but sometimes, it's worth it.

Dave Zabriskie is, hands-down, the most entertaining pro in the
peloton. Here's proof:

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=579
Old October 3rd 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Arnold S

Ha Ha. How can you not like the guy? he missed his calling though. he
should be doing standup comedy, like Steven Wright.

Thanks for posting.
Old October 3rd 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

caffetrieste wrote:

I'll probably ignite a new thread of personal attacks by posting this
one, but sometimes, it's worth it.

Dave Zabriskie is, hands-down, the most entertaining pro in the
peloton. Here's proof:

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=579

Nice, cute little interview. It would have been cuter though if you got
all up in his face and started asking him about why he stacked it in
yellow during the team time trial. Tell him how he single handedly
disgraced the entire country on national TV with that little barrier
kiss. Tell him he looked like Steve Bauer at '87 worlds but without a
Criqueleon to use as a fall guy.

Now, I was willing to listen to his zaniness only because he could time
trial at 35 mph. But now that he appears to be only able to go 32.6 mph
(the same speed as any of a dozen other guys in the peloton), I'm not
interested anymore.

That's the way us tifosi are. We love you and will stalk you if you can
win. But if you start losing, then we turn on you like a Dana Carvey
personal assistant.

Magilla
Old October 3rd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
caffetrieste

We posted Steven Cozza's version of the mustache story on CycleTo,
he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=580
Old October 6th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
caffetrieste

It's amusing to me how others seem to know the arrangements that I
have with other sites/sources.

Old October 6th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley[_2_]

On 10/6/08 7:21 AM, in article
,
"caffetrieste" wrote:

It's amusing to me how others seem to know the arrangements that I
have with other sites/sources.

I'm glad you're amused. But note that I wrote, "when it APPEARS you
post/steal the work of others without attribution or permission." (Emphasis
added, typo deleted).

If you want cycleto to be a business and not a hobby, you'll probably want
more traffic than quantcast suggests you get now:

http://www.quantcast.com/cycleto.com

I have no idea if quantcast's traffic analysis is accurate, but I'd guess
it's not too far off. I don't know what to think about their demographic
analysis.

Building a sense of trust between you, your visitors, and your potential
visitors and advertisers will help build traffic...and revenue.

So at your current stage, I think it'd be wise to be a bit more transparent
about where your content comes from and, when true, saying it's used by
permission. And the world of potential advertisers for sites like yours is
pretty closely knit. Arrogance and self-martyrdom aren't really useful at
this stage.

Good luck,

Jim
Btw- In case you want to send me a nastygram: I don't check this address for
email, but I'm easy enough to find on the web.

Old October 6th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
caffetrieste

Nah, I'm not the type to send nasty-grams.

But I continue to be amazed by all the people who dissect my site, and
seem to know (better than I) what to do.

For the record...the real reason I launched CycleTo? I was hit by a
car, and almost killed last November. I decided that life is both
short and uncertain, and after 20 years of working in corporate PR/
marketing, it was time to follow my passion, and do what I really
wanted to do.

Sadly, I hadn't counted on all the negativity.

Oh, well. I'm still having a blast.
Old October 6th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"caffetrieste" wrote in message

Sadly, I hadn't counted on all the negativity.

Most of it comes from all of the losers on this group. Don't worry about it.
Either you succeed or not and it looks like you will probably succeed if you
can keep your nose to the grindstone.

Old October 6th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

caffetrieste wrote:
It's amusing to me how others seem to know the arrangements that I
have with other sites/sources.

Before, you did not disclose those arrangements when the video or photos
were obviously reposted but now you do, or least you did it he
http://www.cycleto.com/?view=article&id=542
I think that's a welcome change.

To continue the armchair coaching: I think your site's strengths lie in
(or should lie in) the "inside the peloton" videos. Fairly unique in the
world of big cycling websites. I hope you get there.

Hey, back in April you had the Vino scoop and didn't even know it!
http://www.cycleto.com/?view=article&id=100

No TT for Zabriskie DirtRoadie Racing 6 July 21st 07 12:29 AM
Zabriskie did it? Dan Connelly Racing 25 December 24th 06 03:23 PM
Dave Zabriskie vs. Zabriskie Point [email protected] Racing 2 January 26th 06 03:56 AM
Zabriskie Article [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 03:02 AM
Zabriskie Thomas Lund Racing 0 July 25th 05 07:31 PM