Newest trail "system" in Lane County...

Old October 11th 04, 01:23 AM
ireman_1

Default Newest trail "system" in Lane County...

Said with some tongue in cheek, but...

Some may know (none care I know) I bought some acres outside Cottage
Grove early in the year. I am finally able to do some "trail building"
as part of my therapy as long as I keep it under 4 hours per day and
don't swing an axe, hammer, etc. There's only about a half mile (+/-)
so far (350 yards single track in the trees), but more gets done
weekly. I am focusing on doing things that will make me work on tech
skills at this point and will then move on to making a loop around the
property and extend the current (and future) trails to connect with the
outside loop so we can "create" all sorts of variations. There is a
decent elevation drop from the front of the property to the back that
allows for some nice high speed sections.

I have taken advantage of pre-existing paths when possible (about 175'
worth). It's very limited at this point, but allows me to work back
into "bike mode", gives me something cool to work on that gets me out
of housework, and feels pretty cool to say it's "my" trail. There is
no name yet (though "Berry's revenge" is the early leader in the polls
with "******* falls" a close second). Anyway, here are a few shots (I
am *not* a photo pro) of some of the sections. Forgive the caption
boxes. I had to justify the software being on the 'puter...

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_001.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_002.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_003.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_005.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_006.jpg

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_008.jpg

More to follow, some day, and a RR *as soon* as the Dr. releases my fat
ass.

Kraig.

--
ireman_1

Old October 11th 04, 02:50 AM
gabrielle

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:23:10 +1000, ireman_1 wrote:

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_003.jpg

Movable, changeable obstacles! Neat.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_008.jpg

For some reason, this one shows up about 1" X 1" on my computater and I
can't tell what it is.

gabrielle
Old October 11th 04, 02:57 AM
small change

gabrielle wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:23:10 +1000, ireman_1 wrote:

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_003.jpg

Movable, changeable obstacles! Neat.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/50.../trail_008.jpg

For some reason, this one shows up about 1" X 1" on my computater and
I can't tell what it is.

gabrielle

not just your computer. ;-)

Old October 11th 04, 03:34 AM
BB

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:23:10 +1000, ireman_1 wrote:

don't swing an axe, hammer, etc. There's only about a half mile (+/-)
so far (350 yards single track in the trees), but more gets done
weekly.

Its a start! Making a trail from scratch sounds like a really tough job.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old October 11th 04, 04:47 AM
Bob Rogers

"ireman_1" wrote in message

Said with some tongue in cheek, but...

Some may know (none care I know) I bought some acres outside Cottage
Grove early in the year.

House Suffix Predir. Street Name PostDir. Street Type Unit Type Unit
33303 CRAIG LP
Mailing City State Zip Code Zip+4 Carrier Route
COTTAGE GROVE OR 97424 9484 R002
Create Date: 1992-07-16 Update Date: 2002-08-29
Land Use Land use information has not been field verified.
Code: Description:
Land Use Code and Description: 1111 SINGLE FAMILY HOUSING
Use Code and Description: S SINGLE FAMILY
Zoning Please verify zoning information with local jurisdiction. Lane
County overlay zones are not currently shown in RLID.
Code: Description:
Zoning Jurisdiction: LC LANE COUNTY

Parent Zone 1: RR5 RURAL RESIDENTIAL 5 ACRE MIN
Boundary Information
General
Incorporated City Limits:
Urban Growth Boundary:
Fire Protection Providers: SOL SOUTH LANE CNTY FIRE & RESCUE
Plan Designation:
Node: N
2000 Census Tract: 1301
2000 Block Group: 3
Year Annexed:
Annexation #:
2004 Transportation Analysis Zone: 521
Approximate Acreage: 6.02
Approximate Square Footage: 262,232
Environmental Findings Please verify environmental information with local
jurisdiction.
Metro Flood Hazards:
Metro Wetlands:
FEMA Flood Hazard Zones Note: Some parcels may extend onto adjacent FIRM
maps. Registration between parcel boundaries and flood hazard zones is
approximate. Community numbers are based on the current city limits and may
not reflect boundaries at the date of map publication. Consult FIRM maps or
appropriate authority.
FIRM Map Number: Community Number: Post - FIRM Date: Panel Printed?
(Y/N):
41039C2085F 415591 1985-12-18 Y
Code: Description:
X Areas determined to be outside of 500-year flood.
Soils
Soil Map Unit Number: Soil Type Description: Percentage of Tax Lot:
89E NEKIA SILTY CLAY LOAM, 20 TO 30 PERCENT SLOPES 76
121B SALKUM SILTY CLAY LOAM, 2 TO 8 PERCENT SLOPES 24
89D NEKIA SILTY CLAY LOAM, 12 TO 20 PERCENT SLOPES 1
Schools
Code: Name:
District: 45J SOUTH LANE
Elementary School:
Middle School:
High School:
Service Districts
LTD Service Area:
LTD Ride Source:
Ambulance District: SO Area: SOUTHERN Provider: COTTAGE GROVE FIRE &
AMBULANCE DEPT
Emerald People's Utility District:
Soil Water Conservation District: EAST LANE
Soil Water Conservation District Zone: 0
Political Districts
Election Precinct: 100107
County Commissioner District: 5 EAST
County Commissioner: DON HAMPTON
State Representative District: 7
State Representative Name: JEFF KRUSE
City Council Ward:
City Councilor Name:
State Senate District: 4
State Senator: FLOYD PROZANSKI
LCC Board Zones: 4
EWEB Commissioner District:
Lane County Assessor's Office | Account Number: 1421070 | Map & Tax Lot:
20-03-23-00-00900
Property Owner
Owner1 Name: BROCKELMAN LEE ANNE & KRAIG L
Owner Address: 33303 CRAIG LOOP

City State Country Zip Code

Old October 14th 04, 12:57 AM
Gwood

Hey Kraig, good work

I'm kinda local to you in PDX and get a few rides in around Hagg Lake each
season. I commiserate with the effort involved in creating trails. We have
a little land way east near Goldendale, and the steep river canyon is
riddled with deer trails. I hike them constantly with an eye towards
connection into a nice technical singletrack ride. The level of effort to
make it happen - and the fact that others own most of the land - has
prevented me from doing any but very minor trail improvements so far. It's
certainly the kind of thing that takes some planning and a lot of sweat to
make it work. Doing it in a way that doesn't harm the natural landscape is
tougher, but well worthwhile.

Gary (tree hugger) Wood