The LIVESTRONG Chopper

Old September 25th 04, 10:53 PM
JS

Default The LIVESTRONG Chopper

For all the motorcycle fans out there, Discovery Channel's American Chopper
will be building a chopper for Lance Armstrong. Part 1 airs on Mon 9/27 and
part 2 on Mon Oct 4 at 10P ET.

John

Old September 26th 04, 01:37 AM
Andre

This show is for techies in general, not just motorcycle fans. The process
of building the bike is engrossing, with many parallels to the bicycle
world.
Hopefully Armstrong won't wipe out like Museeuw did...

--
--------------------------
Andre Charlebois

Old September 26th 04, 03:02 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Andre" wrote in message
This show is for techies in general, not just motorcycle fans. The

process
of building the bike is engrossing, with many parallels to the bicycle
world.
Hopefully Armstrong won't wipe out like Museeuw did...

I'm kinda sketchy on this, but IIRC Museeuw had two incidents on his HD: one
was relatively minor, the other was where he was hit by a car and almost
lost his leg.

Old September 26th 04, 04:06 AM
JS

What was Museeuw riding when he crashed? It's pretty hard to crash on a
chopper since they're basically cruisers and aren't really meant to be
ridden hard especially around curves.

Old September 26th 04, 04:45 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote in message

I'm kinda sketchy on this, but IIRC Museeuw had two incidents on his HD:

one
was relatively minor, the other was where he was hit by a car and almost
lost his leg.

He almost lost his leg due to gangrene after the 1998 Paris-Roubaix ... He
crashed in the Arenberg, and broke his knee, and the doctors didn't clean
the wound well. Infection set in, and if it got much worse, the leg would
have come off.

He crashed his motorcycle late in the 2000 season, suffering head injuries
and ending up in a coma for a few days.

I appreciatively stand corrected.

Thanks.

Old September 26th 04, 05:03 AM
h squared

"Steven L. Sheffield" wrote:

He crashed his motorcycle late in the 2000 season, suffering head injuries
and ending up in a coma for a few days.

there was more too, afaict-
BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) -- Belgian cycling star
Johan Museeuw will remain in an intensive care unit
for at least the next few days after a motorcycle
accident shattered a leg and a collarbone and ended
his Olympic chances.

Museeuw was injured Sunday. A buildup of liquid
under his skull has forced doctors to keep him
under constant observation.
http://slam.canoe.ca/2000GamesCycling/aug15_bel.html
Old September 26th 04, 03:34 PM
John Everett

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:53:56 GMT, "JS"
wrote:

For all the motorcycle fans out there, Discovery Channel's American Chopper
will be building a chopper for Lance Armstrong. Part 1 airs on Mon 9/27 and
part 2 on Mon Oct 4 at 10P ET.

Note that said chopper was debuted with Lance's appearance on Leno,
Tuesday, August 31.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old September 27th 04, 12:31 AM
J. Matt

"JS" wrote in message . ..
For all the motorcycle fans out there, Discovery Channel's American Chopper
will be building a chopper for Lance Armstrong. Part 1 airs on Mon 9/27 and
part 2 on Mon Oct 4 at 10P ET.

John

1. The chopper has been built.

2. If you're marginally sentinent you can find pics on the web.

3. I'm officially over Lance Armstrong.
Old September 27th 04, 01:13 AM
JS

2. If you're marginally sentinent you can find pics on the web

"sentinent" ...please enlighten me as to what that means..

I was never a Lance Armstrong groupie, but watching the guys in that show
fabricate parts and put together those choppers is fascinating. I don't
give a damn if the chopper has been built. It's the process of building
that I care about.

"J. Matt" wrote in message

. ..