Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste

Old January 17th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Default Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
What? STILL no comment from Wayne Leggett, the poet of **** and ****
and
ass
and ****, on your modest efforts at verse to date?

Apparently, for some strange reason, this matters to Ed far more that
it does me. I don't need someone elses approval for validation and
satisfaction. Ed must have been neglected horribly in that regard in
his early childhood.

I have advised Wayne Leggett in another post to get back to you forthwith
with some approval so that you don't wither and die on the vine pining
away
for some affirmation. Even poor pathetic trolls deserve some
consideration.

Dolan is a master of giving unasked for, unwanted and unheeded advise,
like Wayne, or anyone else, needs advice from Dolan. It' should be
apparent that either Dolan did not read what I wrote before responding
or his reading comprehension skills are failing him. He made a quantum
leap to come to a conclusion that does not follow from the premise.
Dolan just loves the logical fallacy Non Sequitor. He employs it a
that a lot. His invalid assertion aside, in the post to which he
refers, I stated ... This is so obvious that it almost goes without
saying. If Wayne wants to offer an opinion, he will. If he doesn't,
he won't. Ed will just have to accept that. Besides, unlike Ed, don't
require recognition from others to validate what I've done or garner a
sense of accomplishment to bolster my self esteem. My ego just isn't
fragile like Dolan's.

Nonsense! Wayne is a wordsmith in ways that you and I are not. Surely you
are interested in what he thinks of your verse. He is a self-absorbed
******* not to tell you! After all, poets are few and far between. Of
course, I realize that if he was the least bit critical of you, then you
would have to stalk him the same way you stalk ANYONE who is critical of
you. It can't be much fun to be you!
[...]

Opinion stated as fact.

Very wise of you not to go and on about the virutes of fornication.

This is yet another instance for which Dolan cannot cite a reference in
support of an accusation that he has made. I never extolled the
virtues of fornication. Besides sex is not all about procreation
regardless of what Dolan has to say in the matter. Sex is pleasurable
for a reason. If it were not pleasurable, there would be far less
procreation. Furthermore, sex between marital partners for the purpose
of expressing love and enjoying pleasure, without the intention of
procreation, is not fornication by definition. Look it up Conan the
Librarian.

I had a sociology professor who tried to explain it that way too. I thought
he was absurd just as I think you are absurd. If sex is pleasurable, it is
just for one reason - to make damn sure that some procreation gets
accomplished. Thus spake Zarathustra.

The professor was a professor for good reason. I thank Ed for agreeing
with me for once. - Jim McNamara

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 17th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I have already expressed to him and to many others on this group that I
have
a fair amount of contempt for the facts and for logic, such as they exist
on
this group. I am all about opinion and nothing else. Facts and logic can
be
argued about just as endlessly as can opinions. I thought everyone knew
at
least that much. Thus spake Zarathustra.

As concern facts ... Dolan should have chose his words more carefully
for, ocontempt and FEAR are not synonyms. FACT: Ed Dolan does not know
what a fact is. His repeated insistence that a fact is arguable is
definitive proof of this. How many times must this simple concept be
explained before it is comprehended?

Here is an unarguable fact for you: Ed Dolan is the most intelligent person
in the known universe; he is also the finest writer in the known universe.
He is way too good for ARBR, that is for sure!

Laughable opinion stated as fact. Opinion in the absence of
substantiating evidence remains nothing but an opinion and this
particular opinion is undoubtedly shared only by the person voicing the
opinion.

Ed Dolan, by his own admission is all about opinion and is clamorously
contemptuous of logic and facts. Dolan emphatically insists upon being
unencumbered by logic and unrestrained by facts for two specific,
though unexpressed, reasons. Logic is not Dolan's strong suit and
fact, by definition, is not subject to debate (read not arguable),
which precludes Ed's favorite pastime ... argumentation. Ed is
uncomfortable when bound by the confines of logic and fact. So, what's
a Dolan to do? Well, argue about opinions, but there's problem with
that too. Something cannot be branded "true" or "false", "right" or
"wrong" when that something is merely an expression of opinion.
Nonetheless this is precisely what Dolan endeavors to do, that is
debate the non-debatable ... the opinion itself. What is debatable are
particulars such as values, policies, proposals or propositions. What
is also debatable is whether Ed Dolan will ever be able to discern the
distinction between fact and opinion and determine what is and what is
not subject to debate. Undoubtedly, Dolan will reply predictably with
incoherent recycled babble to refute as nonsense that which I have said
(written), but the only nonsense will be Dolan's response to that which
is commonly accepted by persons that are rational, a virtue that Ed
Dolan has yet to master.

Opinions are subject to debate. Facts are NOT! Could this be the
reason why Dolan hates facts? Undoubtedly. A fact is information
about circumstances that are known to exist or events that are known to
have occurred. As such, facts are not subject to debate and that's a
fact ... not an opinion. Dolan continues to misconstrue the none to
subtle distinction between what constitutes a fact and what constitutes
an opinion. Ed's own statements in this regard reflect the obvious.
Dolan never has nor will he ever know the distinction between the two.

Facts are boring as are the opinions of all others. Only my own opinons
matter to me!

And to you ALONE, no doubt.

Dolan has contempt for facts and logic, simply because he finds it more
difficult to play the role of the "teflon man" when facts and logic come
into play . He abhors being confined by that which makes him
uncomfortable ... facts and logic. Facts and logic simply provide far
too little wiggle room for the "teflon man". For Dolan, an argument
over a difference of opinion is a preferable combative arena because it
is difficult to challenge and prove wrong an opinion. Dolan takes
solace from this because he is less likely to be proven fallible ... a
frailty of be human condition that he cannot possibly admit to himself
or to anyone else. I know it. He knows it and the readership knows it
too..

Facts are boring as are the opinions of all others. Only my own opinons
matter to me!

How telling ... how egocentric. - Jim McNamara

Old January 17th 07, 02:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Here is an unarguable fact for you: Ed Dolan is the most intelligent
person
in the known universe; he is also the finest writer in the known
universe.
He is way too good for ARBR, that is for sure!

Laughable opinion stated as fact. Opinion in the absence of
substantiating evidence remains nothing but an opinion and this
particular opinion is undoubtedly shared only by the person voicing the
opinion.

But only my own opinions matter to me! They are mostly based on facts as I
PERCEIVE them. But I must admit a lot of a priori thinking goes into
everything also. Why limit yourself like scientists do?

Ed Dolan, by his own admission is all about opinion and is clamorously
contemptuous of logic and facts. Dolan emphatically insists upon being
unencumbered by logic and unrestrained by facts for two specific,
though unexpressed, reasons. Logic is not Dolan's strong suit and
fact, by definition, is not subject to debate (read not arguable),
which precludes Ed's favorite pastime ... argumentation.

Yet, I am able to outthink Jim regularly on everything. And I say it so much
better too. Life is so unfair!

[...]

Jim imagines himself back in his college philosophy classes! Now you began
to understand why I never bothered with the Ph.D. degree. I did not want to
become an academic who did not know his ass from a hole in the ground.
[...]

Old January 17th 07, 02:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Let us say I went back and found the phrase where you tell us that you
are
not concerned with the group. What would be the upshot of it? We know in
advance that you would put a spin on it so that it would not say what it
in
fact you did say. But I have got a far better idea. Since you like to
look
up things, you go back and find it yourself. Then bring it to the group
so
we can all have another look at it and then we shall see who said what.

I will not look up **** from previous posts because it is always for
nothing. Everyone on this group is a weasel and knows how to slither out
of
anything. So much for facts, or logic - or anything else for that
matter.

I said this matter is no longer open to discussion, but feel that Dolan
has brought up an issue that requires to be addressed. I contend that
I wrote nothing that indicated that I had a lack of concern for the
group ... that for which I was accused. Consequently I cannot FIND
that which isn't to be found. Besides, in making an accusation, the
burden of proof rests not with the accused, but with the accuser and
that would be Ed Dolan. In the absence of evidence the accused is
exonerated. Ed Dolan has produced no evidence, so I consider myself
exonerated.

In other words Jim is not going to go back on the thread and look up
anything either. And why should he? He knows full well what he said and so
do I. But the really important question is - who gives a damn? No one does -
that's who!

Well ... Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!. IN OTHER WORDS, I am not about
to go looking for that which cannot be found AND, it is not my
responsibility to do so. It is ED Dolan's responsibility. In making
an accusation, the burden of proof rests not with the accused, but with
the accuser. Once again Ed Dolan reiterates an accusation for which he
cannot cite a reference. Prove me wrong Mr. Dolan. WHERE'S YOUR
PROOF? FACT: The man LIED and repeating the LIE here again does not
make the accusation anymore true than it was when said the first time.
This is a bad habit of Mr. Dolan's that reveals his lack of fair play,
his lack of honesty and undermines his credibility. I would like to
seize this opportunity to thank Mr. Dolan for demonstrating his lack of
character.

In answer to Ed's question ... What would be the upshot of it? The
upshot would be that Dolan will not be able to locate a reference to
cite or he will locate an obscure phrase taken out of context for which
with a great deal of distortion will misconstrue its intent. What will
not occur is admission of wrongdoing and the issue of a retraction.
Despite his claims to the contrary, Dolan is never wrong (read never
admits to being wrong). It is his own best interest to pursue this no
further and that is why to use his words, he ... will not look up ****
from previous posts. To paraphrase the man, he is a weasel who is
slithering out of this one, but has not done so very gracefully.
Caught with his pants down, he has been seen slinking off in
embarrassment for having blundered.

Jim is the looker-upper, not I. My Greatness will not permit ME to do
trivial tasks. That is for my inferiors to do.

DIVERSION DULY NOTED!!!

!!! D O L A N R E P E T I T I T I O N A L E R T !!! ... The
cerebrally impotent HEAD Dolan the GRATE contributes nothing which he
hasn't already written countless times before. Not a single, original,
creative thought ever emanates from his atrophied brain. Regurgitation
of time-worm gibberish is the best effort that this doddering old dolt
can muster. So feeble is the blustering, decrepit fool that he fails
to recognize that there's no compelling reason for recycling his
monotonous, repetitious drivel. This puerile geriatric's worthless,
rehashed nonsense is a waste of Internet bandwidth, server CPU cycles
and archival disk storage.

Well, let us see ... Both the Israelis and the Palestinians think they
are
in possession of the relevant facts as to who should occupy the area that
Israel now occupies. And they both can make good logical arguments as to
who
is right and who is wrong. Any and all outsiders are totally befuddled.
Even
former President Carter can't think straight on the issue anymore (if he
ever could).

This is a particularly poor example because the complexity of the
dynamics and circumstances are such that the facts are obscured.

Alas, complexities inhere in all things. Nothing is ever simple - except
certain minds that go on and on about the importance of facts and logic.

I maintain that facts can be argued about endlessly depending on the
perspective. The same goes for logic which has never been a reliable
guide
to good thinking. Scientific facts are somewhat different, but not
totally.
To be in awe of so-called facts marks you as an ignoramus.

And I maintain that what Dolan maintains is erroneous. A fact is
information about circumstances that are known to exist or events that
are known to have occurred. As such, facts are not subject to debate
and that's a fact ... not an opinion. FACT: Ed Dolan does not know what
a fact is. His repeated insistence that a fact is arguable is
definitive proof of this. Dolan continues to misconstrue the none to
subtle distinction between what constitutes a fact and what constitutes
an opinion. Dolan never has nor will he ever know the distinction
between the two.

You need to get yourself involved in the complexities of the
Israeli-Palestinian issue. There you will discover that no one can agree on
even the simplest of facts. Hells Bells, Tom Sherman thought that what the
Palestinian suicide bombers were doing was no different than what the
Israeli Defense Forces were doing - and Tom Sherman prided himself on his
grasp of facts and logical thinking. After all, he was a civil engineer and
had taken lots of science courses in college.

Well, I don't actually.

Also, everyone on this group should get acquainted with the concept of
sophistry since everyone here reeks of it as do most folks everywhere.

I'll make this easy for the readers. ARBR reeks of sophistry because
ARBR reeks of DOLAN. Sophistry refers to the "art" of deliberate
invalid argumentation employing ingenuity in reasoning with the intent
to deceive by an appeal to the listener on grounds other than the strict
logical cogency of the statements being made. A sophist would have you
believe that the actual logical validity of an argument is irrelevant
(if not non-existent) because only the ruling audience (think ARBR
readership) ultimately determines whether a conclusion is considered
"true" or "false". This should all sound very familiar since what Dolan
is accusing ARBR members of is a virtual self-portrait. How many
times have I taken him to task over these very issues? I find it most
amusing that Dolan complains about fact and logic and then denounces
sophistry which is a distortion of fact and logic. I've said it before.
The man is a walking, talking contradiction. The conundrum continues.

Jim is FINALLY beginning to pick up on my humor. I am almost proud of him.

To the contrary. This was an explanation of sophistry and an expose of
the ultimate sohphist here at ARBR ... Ed Dolan.

Old January 17th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Here is an unarguable fact for you: Ed Dolan is the most intelligent
person
in the known universe; he is also the finest writer in the known
universe.
He is way too good for ARBR, that is for sure!

Laughable opinion stated as fact. Opinion in the absence of
substantiating evidence remains nothing but an opinion and this
particular opinion is undoubtedly shared only by the person voicing the
opinion.

But only my own opinions matter to me!

Dolan is just so incredibly self-centered. FACT: the universe does not
revolve around HEAD Dolan! FACT: DOlan doesn't recognize this.

They are mostly based on facts as I PERCEIVE them.

An therein lies the root of the problem ... perceptual distortion..

But I must admit a lot of a priori thinking goes into
everything also. Why limit yourself like scientists do?

Ed Dolan, by his own admission is all about opinion and is clamorously
contemptuous of logic and facts. Dolan emphatically insists upon being
unencumbered by logic and unrestrained by facts for two specific,
though unexpressed, reasons. Logic is not Dolan's strong suit and
fact, by definition, is not subject to debate (read not arguable),
which precludes Ed's favorite pastime ... argumentation.

Yet, I am able to outthink Jim regularly on everything. And I say it so much
better too. Life is so unfair!

Delusional opinion stated as fact. Dolan must first master the thought
process before he can out think anyone.

[...]

Instead you are some should grab 'hold of your ears and pull you head
out of you ass. Perhaps then Ed will be able to think more clearly. -

Old January 17th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

Ed in his own words ... "I will stand by every message I have ever
posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts will require some
explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify everything I have
ever said to anyone."

OK, we've heard the half-baked explanation concerning your FALSE
accusation, but what we have yet to be treated to is Dolan's defense
and justification for his FALSE accusation. He has been unable to cite
a reference in evidence to substantiate of his accusation. Mr.. Dolan
.... WHERE'S YOUR PROOF??? Put up or shut up. If Dolan cannot cite a
reference, an apology and retraction is in order. The absence of an
apology and a retraction will be reflect Dolan's absence of character.
I consider myself exonerated regardless and consider this matter closed
.... no longer open to discussion . - Jim McNamara

[...]

to deceive by appeal to the listener on grounds other than the strict
logical cogency of the statements being made. A sophist would have you
believe that the actual logical validity of an argument is irrelevant
(if not non-existent) because only the ruling audience (think ARBR
readership) ultimately determines whether a conclusion is considered
"true" or "false" not. This should all sound very familiar since what
Dolan is accusing ARBR members of is a virtual self-portrait. How many
time have I taken him to task over these very issues? I find it most
amusing that Dolan complains about fact and logic and then denounces
sophistry which is a distortion of fact and logic. I've siad it

Old January 17th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

Amended text in this second posting...

Ed Dolan in his own words ... "I will stand by every message I have
ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts will require some
explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify everything I have
ever said to anyone."

OK, we've heard Dolan's half-baked explanation concerning his FALSE
accusation, but what we have yet to be treated to is Dolan's defense
and justification for his FALSE accusation. Ed has been unable to cite

Old January 17th 07, 11:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

Always remember who you are writing for, the very first lesson you should
have learned in your college classes. It is pointless to throw pearls before
swine.

Everyone on this group is an idiot, so do not presume to instruct anyone in
anything, especially not Philosophy 101. It is a wonder to me that such a
subject has not been phased out of every college in the land by now. I mean,
who the hell bothers with philosophy anymore since science has become all
the rage.

I know who I write for. That is why I am read and you aren't.

Old January 17th 07, 11:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

Here is Jim McNamara, the prosecuting attorney! Well, he is always good for
a laugh even though extremely tiresome 99% of the time.

What will he do when I go back on the thread and find the statement where he
said he was not concerned with the group. Well, he will just weasel out of
it. Why do you think fools like us bother getting an education in the first
place?
[...]