Ping: Peter C.

Old October 14th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Ping: Peter C.

Hey Peter. I saw your quote in Velonews. How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation.

Old October 15th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

Hey Peter. I saw your quote in Velonews. How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation.

Perhaps. The thing to contemplate when thinking of perks, is whether the
value of the gifts is more or less than the difference in salaries.

Drunker where I am, I suspect,

Old October 15th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Oct 14, 8:53*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. *I saw your quote in Velonews. *How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? *I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation. *

Perhaps. The thing to contemplate when thinking of perks, is whether the
value of the gifts is more or less than the difference in salaries.

Drunker where I am, I suspect,

What?! A rationale basis predicated on money? What sort of drunk are
you? You should be ashamed to bend your elbow. It's FREE beer,
dagnabit!

Old October 15th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

*RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. *I saw your quote in Velonews. *How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? *I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation. *

Perhaps. The thing to contemplate when thinking of perks, is whether the
value of the gifts is more or less than the difference in salaries.

Drunker where I am, I suspect,

What?! A rationale basis predicated on money? What sort of drunk are
you? You should be ashamed to bend your elbow. It's FREE beer,
dagnabit!

The beer is free, but I get discounted.

Also, the current roll call of stockpiled beer goes geuze, Tripel
Karmeliet, chocolate stout, Fuller's 2009 Christmas Ale, Unibroue 17, St
Louis Kriek, and I think I forgot one or two.

Old October 15th 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Oct 14, 8:51*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

--
Ryan Cousineau /
"In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

Yes it's fall and all good minds turn towards beer.
Old October 15th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P.Chisholm

On Oct 14, 9:22*am, RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. *I saw your quote in Velonews. *How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? *I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation. *

Well...not really what I actually said BUT we seem to always have a
full fridge. Mostly PBR, some Mickey's and Fosters(sorry, decent,
cheap beer is not a bad thing). A multitude of sixers(sometimes a
fiver or four-er) of a variety of local and Euro microbrews. Seem to
always have Mexicano(Tecate being the most common) but I'd say we get
50-60 cases per year.

We think we do good work and get tips for same or for favors. We don't
really respond to 'do it now' type beer bribes but we mostly will fit
it in at the end of the day, which seems to always be a very busy day
(even now after the snow has started to fly).

If it's a small job and 'please can ya look at it now', we do that
most of the time.
Old October 15th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P.Chisholm

On Oct 14, 9:22*am, RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. *I saw your quote in Velonews. *How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? *I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation. *

I think I should emphasis tho that we don't 'work for beer'. We don't
do anything to be paid in suds. They are tips or perhaps bribes but we
charge a fair amount, which nobody seems to complain about, then get a
tip for work well done. All 3 of us, BTW, Jim, Sean and I.
Old October 15th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"P.Chisholm" wrote in message
On Oct 14, 9:22 am, RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. I saw your quote in Velonews. How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation.

Well...not really what I actually said BUT we seem to always have a
full fridge. Mostly PBR, some Mickey's and Fosters(sorry, decent,
cheap beer is not a bad thing). A multitude of sixers(sometimes a
fiver or four-er) of a variety of local and Euro microbrews. Seem to
always have Mexicano(Tecate being the most common) but I'd say we get
50-60 cases per year.

I tend to only drink Sierra Nevada because they sponsored a team for a
couple of years. If another brewer sponsors a team I'll switch to them.

Old October 15th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P.Chisholm

On Oct 15, 2:22*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
"P.Chisholm" wrote in message

On Oct 14, 9:22 am, RicodJour wrote:
Hey Peter. I saw your quote in Velonews. How many bottles/sixes/
cases of beer do you figure get dropped on your shop in a year? I
think Ryan may be thinking of a change in occupation.

Well...not really what I actually said BUT we seem to always have a
full fridge. Mostly PBR, some Mickey's and Fosters(sorry, decent,
cheap beer is not a bad thing). A multitude of sixers(sometimes a
fiver or four-er) of a variety of local and Euro microbrews. Seem to
always have Mexicano(Tecate being the most common) but I'd say we get
50-60 cases per year.

I tend to only drink Sierra Nevada because they sponsored a team for a
couple of years. If another brewer sponsors a team I'll switch to them.

Geeezzzz, I wouldn't ever drink Coors, and I'm not very picky. A team
sponsored by PBR, that would be nice!
Old October 15th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Tom Kunich wrote:

I tend to only drink Sierra Nevada because they sponsored a team for a
couple of years. If another brewer sponsors a team I'll switch to them.

Killians Sponsored a team for the Coors Classic for a few years.

Bill

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com

ping Peter Cole Greg Evans Techniques 0 March 6th 08 09:17 PM
**Ping Shaun Johanneson Ping* Macht Nada Video? trials_uni Unicycling 16 May 10th 06 02:02 PM
Peter Still Has It? Tom Kunich Racing 2 April 11th 06 07:02 PM
Ping: Peter Fox sam UK 0 July 14th 05 07:24 AM
Shimagnolo 8 to 10-speed conversion (Ping Peter) Phil, Squid-in-Training Techniques 5 June 1st 05 01:38 PM