final swoop

Old October 27th 10, 10:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ray[_2_]

Default final swoop

Sorry I have no way of posting a photo, for a season finale I can report
that my helmet has been destroyed by a magpie. The attack took place just
down the road on Oct 12. There's a gouge about 2 cm long clean through the
outer shell and about 1.5 cm deep into the polystyrene.
If you visualise this beak strike directly on your skull, I think this
kills the old helmet debate stone dead. I should add that the cable ties
didn't make a bean of difference. I've been whacked many times over the
years, but this is the first time I've had significant physical damage as
a result. I'm glad it wasn't the back of my neck, ear, or anyplace else.
Given the helmet's integrity is impaired, probably time to get another
one, it was only a cheapie anyway.
Cheers,
Ray

Old October 28th 10, 06:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

ray wrote:

If you visualise this beak strike directly on your skull, I think this
kills the old helmet debate stone dead.

Yep, old helmets similar to the MSR would have stoped a maggie beak. The
modern piffle wouldn't be of any use.
Old October 28th 10, 07:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

ray ZmVycmV0NTdAc2N0ZWxjby5uZXQuYXU=@REGISTERED_USER_ usenet.com.au

Here's what you need to do: http://tinyurl.com/2awynyx
Old October 29th 10, 02:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Peter wrote:

Here's what you need to do: http://tinyurl.com/2awynyx

That link is dead already. Must have been good...
--
Push any key. Then push the any other key.
Old November 1st 10, 12:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

John Tserkezis wrote:
Peter wrote:

Here's what you need to do: http://tinyurl.com/2awynyx

That link is dead already. Must have been good...

Oops. Maybe this works

http://tinyurl.com/29zxlvk
Old November 1st 10, 10:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Peter wrote:
That link is dead already. Must have been good...

Oops. Maybe this works
http://tinyurl.com/29zxlvk

Hmm. I've seen it on the internet so it must be true.

I just got off telling my sister she's a gullible idiot for watching a
youtube skit about 8 cellphones in close proximity to on corn grain,
ringing at the same time and turning it into popped corn.

Then you show me this...

However, if it IS correct, then one could presume that a wig on top of
the helmet would create a workable magpie deterrent, as well as
supplying normal protection in case it did try to take chunk out of your
head.

You'd look like an idiot, but then again, we frequent the 'net, and
wear fluro coloured pipe cleaners, cable ties, tech gear AND assorted
sponsored coloured lycra gear, that a wig isn't going to make it that
much worse..

Besides, does it work if you're bald?
--
Hey!! When in Doubt Whip it Out!!!!
Old November 1st 10, 06:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

John Tserkezis wrote:

[...]

I've tried it and it works. I'm not bald so can't tell whether that
makes a difference.
Old November 3rd 10, 06:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Peter wrote:

Besides, does it work if you're bald?

I've tried it and it works. I'm not bald so can't tell whether that
makes a difference.

That's going to be a problem. Being bald, I'm not willing to wear a
rug while riding, and risk looking like an idiot.
Enough people already think I'm an idiot, I'm not about to remove all
doubt.
--
Dawson's First Law: You don't have enough outlets.

Final TT Mark[_9_] Racing 12 July 26th 08 07:24 AM
Don't ever say 'that's final'... Simon Brooke UK 20 June 20th 07 05:25 PM
first swoop of the season M Bison Australia 1 August 16th 04 11:33 AM
First swoop of the season Shane Stanley Australia 7 August 5th 04 11:54 AM
TdF final stage MD UK 10 August 5th 03 10:21 AM