Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste

Old January 9th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Default Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste

What Meinecke and Sherman do or don't do is of little concern to me. I
doubt that Jeff would consider himself to be your ally, but he will
have to speak for himself on that account. I don't have any cause of
any consequence here, so I'm not looking for allies ... don't need
any. I for one will never consider you to be my ally nor I to be
yours.

Jim McNamara

Ally would not be the right term. I'm really trying not to be on any side
but rather to express the point of view that I hold.

Ed seems to think that there is something that others could do to put down
the other troll. That is more fighting fire with fire and as I said before,
you just end up with a bigger fire.

Meinecke and Sherman are smart to stay out of this discussion. This may be
one of the few times when I agree with Ed's characterization of me as an
idiot (remember I said I wasn't going to discuss this anymore?)

Anyway, I agree with you. I'm not looking for allies either. I'm not on a
side.

Jeff

Old January 10th 07, 01:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

But don't you miss the intellectual stimulation? As you know, I love to
argue with New York Jews.

What intellectual stimulation? You don't stimulate, you pontificate. You
are like a book. Everything you are going to say you have said before. I
have read the book of Ed Dolan many times. The result of debating you will
be nothing new and so no intellectual stimulation will take place. If I
found you intellectually stimulating you would have heard a lot more from
me over the past few years.

Jeff Grippe, like all Jews, is licentious, especially with respect to sex.
Ed Dolan, even though he is of Irish ancestry and of Catholic heritage, is
really a Puritanical Protestant. Therein lies all the conflict.

I abhor all licentiousness even though that is the way America is going.
Jewish licentiousness is especially revolting to me. I have noted that even
the most orthodox of Jews have a roving eye. It apparently comes with the
religion.

I am your eternal enemy on the field of sexual morality. It has always
struck me as very peculiar that the Jews can be so obsessed with other forms
of morality, but be so blind when it comes to sexual morality. If it feels
good, then it must be good? We Puritans disagree most violently with those
kind of sentiments.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. By the way, I too have never gotten any intellectual stimulation via
this newsgroup. Everyone is way too stupid to ever have that effect on me.
Even Tom Sherman turned out to be nothing but an ideologue. Hells Bells, I
would rather talk to the wall than talk to him.

Old January 10th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Ed,

Top posted for your benefit and enjoyment. To the contrary ... I have
had much to say about the content of your posts. Your just too thick
headed to recognize it. Most recently the beer versus win and length
of stay in Europe and waste of of jet fuel nonsense that you were wrong
about in both instances. Lately I've had little to say simply because
there has to be content in order for me to be able to say anything
about it" and your posts are comprised mostly of recycled garbage.
What you consider to be content is just repetitious nonsense. Your
posts are akin to a broken record.

Repetition is the key to all learning. In the case of this newsgroup, it is
impossible to say anything too often. In fact, what is called for is a heavy
mallet to pound some knowledge into all the thick skulls that seem to reside
here on permanent basis.

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

I think we are basically in agreement.

Since Ed doesn't fight fairly, however, I have chosen not to fight with
him at all. I think that if nobody fought with him at all, his fighting
would diminish. He is very good at pushing people's buttons, however,
so
it is likely that there will always be someone to fight with him.

That is a very old saw that someone with whom you disagree does not fight
fairly.

Would we be better off without him? Well maybe but the essence of
unmoderated news groups is that anyone with a computer can post to
them.

Some people have expressed the idea that since there is so much talk
about
and by Ed on topics unrelated to recumbent cycling, that the group
isn't
worth reading.

Anyone who chooses to can do the following:
1. post something on-topic (unlike the nonsense that I'm posting now)
2. filter out most of the off topic stuff

I understand the frustration that many feel with the overbearing
behavior
and pontification that is Ed but it is my belief that the best way to
minimize it is to ignore it. Arguing with him keeps him going. The
troll
did nothing to diminish him (and he has done nothing to diminish the
troll). Regardless of what you or I do, Ed will be Ed. This is the
reason
that I have been silent. I never stopped reading the group but I knew
that
there was nothing I had to add that was of any value.

It is difficult indeed to make much headway when you are up against a
gigantic intellect such as mine.

So my advice to you (not that you asked for any) is to ignore Ed's
rants.
Only respond to his on-topic posts and then stay on topic. This group
is
his soapbox. Do what you would do with anyone on a soapbox that you
don't
agree with. Stop listening. Certainly don't try to reason or argue with
someone you know can't be reasoned with.

Jim likes to stalk me and never has much to say about any of my content.

By the way, I am the soul of reason, but I am not politically correct
about
anything. I make it a point NOT to be politically correct. You should try
it
sometime yourself.

Old January 10th 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
Ed Gin does not bother me nearly so much as all those cowards who will
not
come out into the open and take a stand. Why do Jon Meinecke and Tom
Sherman
ALWAYS take a powder when the ST (SPAMMING TROLL) shows up. It is the
fecklessness of ARBR that drives me to distraction.

What Meinecke and Sherman do or don't do is of little concern to me. I
doubt that Jeff would consider himself to be your ally, but he will
have to speak for himself on that account. I don't have any cause of
any consequence here, so I'm not looking for allies ... don't need
any. I for one will never consider you to be my ally nor I to be
yours.

Jim McNamara

The reason why it does not concern you is that you have never had any regard
for the group. You are ever only concerned with you own petty affairs. In
fact, you are petty in every way imaginable. That is why all you can ever be
to this group is just a pitiful stalker. Jeff Grippe is hundred times more
honorable than you.

If I haven't said it before, allow me to say it now. There is something
wrong with the way your brain works.

Old January 10th 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Jim McNamara wrote:

What Meinecke and Sherman do or don't do is of little concern to me. I
doubt that Jeff would consider himself to be your ally, but he will
have to speak for himself on that account. I don't have any cause of
any consequence here, so I'm not looking for allies ... don't need
any. I for one will never consider you to be my ally nor I to be
yours.

Jim McNamara

Ally would not be the right term. I'm really trying not to be on any side
but rather to express the point of view that I hold.

Spoken like a true Jew. Yes, don't take sides. That way everyone will hate
you.

Ed seems to think that there is something that others could do to put down
the other troll. That is more fighting fire with fire and as I said
before, you just end up with a bigger fire.

I pretty much agree with Jeff here. There is nothing to be done about a
newgroup that is not moderated. Still, I expect others to speak up when
things get too rambunctious. Jim only speaks up when he gets personally
attacked. He could care less about the group.

Meinecke and Sherman are smart to stay out of this discussion. This may be
one of the few times when I agree with Ed's characterization of me as an
idiot (remember I said I wasn't going to discuss this anymore?)

More was expected of Meinecke and Sherman since they were the stalwarts of
this newsgroup who pretended to have our best interests at heart. However,
they have ever proven themselves to be cowards for not speaking up. I
reserve my greatest contempt for them. I think they are both gone for good
now - and it is good riddance to them!

Anyway, I agree with you. I'm not looking for allies either. I'm not on a
side.

You want to tread very carefully around Jim's delicate ego. It is easily
bruised and then you will learn what a child he can be.

Old January 11th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Cool leap Ed!

I don't recall saying anything about sex.

Are you reading more into the word stimulation than I intended?

Your leaps are impressive but I wasn't talking about sex.

I'm well aware of your opinion and wouldn't think of talking about it with
you.

Jeff
news:geedneh4SoHdeTnYnZ2dnUVZ_tOmnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

Old January 11th 07, 01:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

More was expected of Meinecke and Sherman since they were the stalwarts of
this newsgroup who pretended to have our best interests at heart. However,
they have ever proven themselves to be cowards for not speaking up. I
reserve my greatest contempt for them. I think they are both gone for good
now - and it is good riddance to them!

We are all individuals here Ed. This is not a church group or some type of
social organization that exists for some other purpose than to amuse those
who post here. Maybe those two are simply not amused by you or the troll. I
find myself oddly amused by both while at the same time wishing that both
would go away. It is fine with me if you express your opinion on your pet
topic when and if they come up. But otherwise, I already know that you think
women should act like the blessed virgin Mary, that we should all abstain
from sex unless engaged in procreation, that liberals and Jews (especially
New York Jews) are a waste of natural resources, that the French are awful,
and that the president is wonderful. Did I miss anything? If I did then you
will surely remind me. Good luck Ed.

Jeff

Old January 11th 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Cool leap Ed!

I don't recall saying anything about sex.

Not recently, but I have a long memory. Furthermore, I was saying more about
your religion than I was about sex, or did you miss all my references to
morality in general?

Are you reading more into the word stimulation than I intended?

Your leaps are impressive but I wasn't talking about sex.

You remain fixed in my mind as one of the foremost proponents of cherchez la
femme, you and that other idiot - Gary G. Since you like to look up things
in the archive, go look up what you have previously said on the subject some
years ago.

I'm well aware of your opinion and wouldn't think of talking about it with
you.

Good! Then don't! There are already enough assholes here who want to do
that.

Old January 11th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

More was expected of Meinecke and Sherman since they were the stalwarts
of this newsgroup who pretended to have our best interests at heart.
However, they have ever proven themselves to be cowards for not speaking
up. I reserve my greatest contempt for them. I think they are both gone
for good now - and it is good riddance to them!

We are all individuals here Ed. This is not a church group or some type of
social organization that exists for some other purpose than to amuse those
who post here.

Wrong again, oh sage of White Plains! We are a group whether you or Jim
recognize it or not. Act like individuals and that is how I shall treat you.
Become part of the group and I will treat you differently, i.e., with more
respect. If you disagree, go involve yourself in some other group and you
will quickly discover that they are all different from one another (but all
equally stupid). Why? Because a group dynamic has taken place. Sociology
101.

Maybe those two are simply not amused by you or the troll.

Both Meinecke and Sherman expressed a concern for the group from time to
time, but when the chips are down, they know how to absent themselves. So
much for the group as far as those two cowards are concerned.

find myself oddly amused by both while at the same time wishing that both
would go away. It is fine with me if you express your opinion on your pet
topic when and if they come up. But otherwise, I already know that you
think women should act like the blessed virgin Mary, that we should all
abstain from sex unless engaged in procreation, that liberals and Jews
(especially New York Jews) are a waste of natural resources, that the
French are awful, and that the president is wonderful. Did I miss
anything? If I did then you will surely remind me. Good luck Ed.

Ah, but I can go on and on on the above subjects in infinite detail and
elaborate endlessly. I take great pride in all my views in that they are all
politically incorrect. If I were a liberal like Jeff Grippe, I would have to
go down to my dirt floor basement and hang myself from the rafters from the
shame of it all. But Jeff Grippe, like all liberals, does not know shame.
It is beyond him.

Old January 12th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Jim McNamara wrote:

[...]

Whatever. I haven't a problem with anything that Jeff has had to say.
You on the other hand have always been another matter altogether.

Jim