RANS should look to Low End Market

Old January 12th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

Default RANS should look to Low End Market

I would love to test ride the new Ti StratusXP. It looks awesome. Yet
I continue to wonder how many $3-5k plus bikes RANS and others expect
to sell. I'd like to see RANS revisit the lower end market. It seems
to me that a $600 Rocket and a $700 Tailwind with perhaps more
pedestrian components would entice more would be recumbent buyers into
the wonderful word of recumbency.

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old January 12th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Roger Zoul

stratrider wrote:
I would love to test ride the new Ti StratusXP. It looks awesome. Yet
I continue to wonder how many $3-5k plus bikes RANS and others expect
to sell. I'd like to see RANS revisit the lower end market. It seems
to me that a $600 Rocket and a $700 Tailwind with perhaps more
pedestrian components would entice more would be recumbent buyers into
the wonderful word of recumbency.

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

How many light planes to they sell?
Old January 13th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
dlhii

Roger Zoul wrote:

stratrider wrote:
I would love to test ride the new Ti StratusXP. It looks awesome. Yet
I continue to wonder how many $3-5k plus bikes RANS and others expect
to sell. I'd like to see RANS revisit the lower end market. It seems
to me that a $600 Rocket and a $700 Tailwind with perhaps more
pedestrian components would entice more would be recumbent buyers into
the wonderful word of recumbency.

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

How many light planes to they sell?

The general aviation industry reached an all-time high for billings,
which totaled $15.1 billion, a 27.2 percent increase over 2004.
Year-end, worldwide shipments of general aviation airplanes totaled
3,580 units for 2005, up 20.8 percent over the previous year's total
of 2,963 units.

Old January 13th 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"stratrider" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would love to test ride the new Ti StratusXP. It looks awesome. Yet
I continue to wonder how many $3-5k plus bikes RANS and others expect
to sell. I'd like to see RANS revisit the lower end market. It seems
to me that a $600 Rocket and a $700 Tailwind with perhaps more
pedestrian components would entice more would be recumbent buyers into
the wonderful word of recumbency.

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Right you are Jim - as always. The one thing that has kept recumbents from
ever becoming popular has been the high prices. Most folks do not want to
spend a thousand or more dollars for a bike. A very good question indeed.
Why doesn't RANS bring out a $500. recumbent and see what happens. It would
be an interesting experiment if nothing else.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 13th 07, 05:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"dlhii" wrote in message
Roger Zoul wrote:

stratrider wrote:
I would love to test ride the new Ti StratusXP. It looks awesome. Yet
I continue to wonder how many $3-5k plus bikes RANS and others expect
to sell. I'd like to see RANS revisit the lower end market. It seems
to me that a $600 Rocket and a $700 Tailwind with perhaps more
pedestrian components would entice more would be recumbent buyers into
the wonderful word of recumbency.

How many light planes to they sell?

The general aviation industry reached an all-time high for billings,
which totaled $15.1 billion, a 27.2 percent increase over 2004.
Year-end, worldwide shipments of general aviation airplanes totaled
3,580 units for 2005, up 20.8 percent over the previous year's total
of 2,963 units.

Flying a light airplane is just about the most dangerous thing you can do.
It is a wonder to me that RANS has not been sued out of existence by now.
Hells Bells, I do not even like to go up in big, heavy commercial airplanes.
If God had intended man to fly, He would have given him wings. Thus spake
Zarathustra.

John Denver would be alive today still caterwauling about wonderful West
Virginia if he not been so stupid as to want to fly light experimental
aircraft. Well, stupid is as stupid does.

Market research Mikefule Unicycling 14 June 29th 06 11:10 AM
Polar 710 vs. 720i and any others on the market Chris M Techniques 1 August 5th 05 02:40 AM
Unicycle market? Rayden Unicycling 4 July 11th 04 04:24 AM
Used Bicycle Market CS112_smb29 Marketplace 8 March 2nd 04 06:23 AM
Rans Rocket vs Rans Screamer in "time trial" Brent Hugh Recumbent Biking 6 August 8th 03 11:43 PM