New recumbent newsgroup

Old January 17th 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default New recumbent newsgroup

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

Peter Clinch wrote:
Jeff Grippe wrote:

But nobody else is here for that reason. There must be groups where you
can
be contentious as much as you want and you would be in your element.
Leave
the cyclists alone.

But he couldn't wind people up so much that way, which appears to be his
purpose, along with wasting time which he seems to have in
superabundance. If you don't want to be wound up and have your time
wasted, put him in the Bozo Bin. There's no point trying to reason with
him, because he's not interested in being reasonable. There's no point
trying to deal with by your rules, he's playing with a different set,
which involves ignoring yours. You know this. Stop assuming that one
more appeal to reason will work, it won't.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Oh no. I can see it coming down the pike now ... Dolan's recycled
tirade over Peter's signature. It is just a matter of time before Mr.
Predictably Repetitious jumps on this one.

Already been there, done that!

Peter's observations are
valid. Dolan plays ONLY by his set of rules to the exclusion of
everyone else's. An appeal to reason only works with someone who is
reasonable and is receptive to reason and Dolan is neither reasonable
nor is he receptive to reason. I've tried appeal to reason approach
and found it to be only a waste of time. - Jim McNamara

Jim is a stalker and, almost as bad, a whiner. He no longer is as longwinded
as he used to be, so I feel I am making some progress with him. Who knows,
some day he may even be Great like ME!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"32GO" wrote in message
oups.com...
Buck (in disgust) wrote:

There you go folks. Time to move on.

I was glad to note that this 'New Group' discussion was
started by Buck, who is one of the most recent on-topic
posters in an on-topic thread to be ambushed by Uno Hoo,
with zero provocation. It accused Buck of hiding behind
a user name (falsely!), being some faux foe from its
contentious past (falsely!), or maybe just being British.

Buck's post would not be considered on-topic by most on this group. However,
I do consider such posts on-topic because they deal with housekeeping
chores. That is the one exception where I will interfere if I have anything
to say.

In any event, Buck has been a long standing enemy of mine from years ago. He
is a UK nut and those are the worst kind of nuts (even worse than California
nuts like Wayne Leggett). Whatever I give him he deserves in spades.

I'm adding a new thread with an alternate suggestion
to starting another newsgroup. Most of us have, for
most of the time we've spent with ARBR, won our
individual battles with the TROLL, simply by ignoring
it. However, there's almost always another individual
who's (vainly) trying to reason with or address it in
some way. But what if we ALL ignore it, all at the
same time for a week or two?

It will never happen because I am the most interesting person ever to show
up on this group. Other simply can't resist my invitations to have a round
or two with me. You are proof of that yourself! Hells Bells, it is what
keeps this group from going the way of BROL if you ask me. You want BROL?
Then go there!

But I am thinking about taking a vacation from this group and see how it
goes without me. Stay tuned. However, if I do take a vacation it will be de
rigueur that there be no discussion of my Greatness!