can I use the new Ultegra shifters on a 9 speed hub?

Old December 22nd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default can I use the new Ultegra shifters on a 9 speed hub?

Can I use the 08 Shimano Ultegra SL ST-6600 G Shifter Brake Lever on a
9 speed hub?

I plan on placing a 9 speed ultegra cassette on a Shimano 600 hub,
which can accomodate a 9 speed hub it sounds after looking around on
other posts.

Does anyone know if this will or won' work?
Old December 23rd 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sheldon Brown

Quoth Michael Johnson:

Alternatively,Sheldon Brownhas a paragraph and photo on one of his web
pages about an alternate cable clamping on the rear derailleur that
effectively changes the actuation ratio so that it pulls enough cable to
shift a 9-speed cassette with a 10-speed shifter.

http://sheldonbrown.com/alternate

Sheldon " http://sheldonbrown.com/speeds " Brown
| He not busy being born is busy dying. |
| -Bob Dylan |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide