2nd Italian Unicycle Weekend, a short report

Old September 3rd 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beth

Default 2nd Italian Unicycle Weekend, a short report

It was a fantastic convention. There were a lot more people than I'd
expected there to be. Everybody was very friendly, the site was
perfect, so was the weather (can we move the BUC to Italy for next
year?), the t-shirts were a really satisfying shade of orange, and
there was some impressive trials going on.

The first day was mostly taken up by a MUni ride, I took the easy
course because my knees are all out of whack, and I didn't have a
(off-)road-worthy uni at the right height either, but it was good just
to watch what was going on and absorb the views and the sunshine. Then
we returned to the site, there was some chilling and messing around for
a while, a meeting that I understood very little of, but it seems that
there's now an Italian Unicyling Association, of which I'm a member, I
think. And then some more messing around.

The next day was the basketball tournament. I hadn't played before, and
I'd thought I'd just be impatient for the hockey to start, but it was
really enjoyable. I'm not sure of who won on account of only knowing my
team's name. Meanwhile a trials course was being set up and ridden to
pieces, and towards the end of the day there was some walking-globe
trials going on, which is frightening even to watch.

My camera batteries went halfway through the convention so I haven't
got any photos of the basketball or trials, but I've put some photos of
the first day up here for anyone who wants to see them:
http://tinyurl.com/35lfs6

--
Beth
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
josephnorth

Beth, I'm in Italy! It's joe, I was the guy who was very bad at
unicycling, but spoke Italian at the BUC. How are you? Where are you in
Italy? Can I join this mysterious Italian unicycling federation? Am
currently living in Termoli and having quite a good time being an
assistant. I have a lesson planned on unicycling and plan to brin the
Ferrari in for it.

I am on facestalk if that makes responding any easier.

Hope you are well and ci sentiamo,

Joseph

--
josephnorth
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 15th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
giocologgi

Hi all, and Ciao Beth!
I'm Nicola, the Vice-president of the "Associazione Italiana
Monociclo", founded during that weekend.... and I've organized the
WMI and WMI2.... And we're preparing the WMI3 next spring....

It was a fantastic convention. There were a lot more people than I'd
expected there to be.

Thank you Beth! Everything worked good, and with your presence we also
had the international Guest Star!

The next day was the basketball tournament. I hadn't played before, and
I'd thought I'd just be impatient for the hockey to start

Last year we didn't play hockey cause only few italians can play
hockey, and many italians can play basketball! (the year before we've
arranged a hockey tournament). And this year we had many beginners, and
I think that the hockey stick can be too dangerous with beginners....
(also with advanced players, if you'read last issue of Uni
Magazine...)

I'm not sure of who won on account of only knowing my team's name

LOL, I didn't remember too who won but.... Who cares?

there was some walking-globe trials going on, which is frightening even
to watch.

LOL, you can do coasting and you're scared by an easy rolling globe...
Naaaah!

And... The PICTURES of the WMI2 are
hehttp://picasaweb.google.com/Giocologgi/WMI231083092007

I hope you all can enjoy the VIDEO of the Weekend!
It can be found he
first part
http://tinyurl.com/2jexlb
second part
http://tinyurl.com/3xzsnr

And... The website of the "mysterious Italian unicycling federation" is
he
www.unicyclist.it

JOE, if you want to meet italian unicyclists go on thant website! Or
mail me at

I wait for feedback of the video!

Nicola

--
giocologgi

My onza hates me... He wants my blood!
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 17th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onefiftyfour

giocologgi wrote:

I wait for feedback of the video!

Nicola

Awesome video. Wish I was there. Maybe next time. Say hello to
everyone.

-Eric

--
onefiftyfour