Moderated Forums

Old November 22nd 08, 11:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Moderated Forums

Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that Dolan contradicts himself
incessantly. Obviously it has not occurred to him. To his creidt,
unlike Ed Dolan, Tom Sherman had been consistent in his position in
this matter. Presented here,for your reading pleasure is an
incongruous compilation of some of Dolan's past, perplexing,
antithetical ramblings in this regard...

I have never posted to a moderated forum and I read damn few of them.
Yet, I know what works and what doesn't work. An unmoderated forum
does not work.

IIf any of you have something to say about anything, get on a
moderated forum and run it past an editor.

Anyone with a brain in his head is going to despair of any group that
is not moderated.

All the regulars have fled to moderated forums. If you are still here,
you need to ask yourself why you are still here.

Anyone with any brains has long since left and they will not return
because they have discovered that you must have a moderated forum if
you ever want to say anything serious or to be taken seriously.

To their discredit, a lot of the former regular posters to
alt.rec.bicycles. recumbent abandoned the group for a moderated forum
where they are treated like children by the moderators.

I have of course stated my opinion many times that I just do not like
to be scrutinized by a moderator (editor).

I don't like to be baby sat, but still a moderated forum is the only
kind of discussion group that works for the exchange of information.

A moderated forum would not suit me.

Moderated forums are just chock full of wasted messages which go
nowhere,

Who the hell would ever be so stupid as to post comments to a ****ing
moderated forum?

Having someone who is a hundred times dumber than you passing judgment
on your posts makes no sense at all.

ARBR the way it is now suits me perfectly.

I have absolutely nothing against moderated forums and believe they
are the wave of the future.

I am not opposed to moderated forums. On the contrary, I think they
are a good idea despite what I may have said about them in the past.

There is no one in this world who is more in favor of a moderator than
Ed Dolan.

A moderated forum is quite ideal for the vast majority of folks.

All newsgroups are fatally flawed for lack of a moderator.

Without a moderator, nothing is possible.

Newsgroups are nothing but an exercise in futility since they do not
have moderators.

Newsgroups without moderators are simply playgrounds for the likes of
me.

All newsgroups must have a moderator that will edit (censor) what gets
said. There is no other way.

All newsgroups require moderators. Without a moderator, the lowest
common denominator will prevail.

A newsgroup without a moderator can never be anything but a circus
full of clowns.

You simply must have a moderator or else all you get is bedlam.

A group without a moderator (editor) is like a ship without a
captain.

Moderated forums are the only way to go.

Any group MUST have a leader, an editor, a moderator. Without such an
ordering principal, you have nothing but a corral of braying
jackasses.

A moderator could ensure fairness, but Usenet is a free for all.
Hence, the importance of the rules and the importance of observing
them.

There is one way ARBR could rise from the dead and that is as a
moderated group.

I propose that I be elected the moderator of this group.

I would make the ideal moderator for a newsgroup since I would
immediately ban 99% of all posters.

If I were the moderator of this newsgroup I assure you that none of
you would ever get any of your miserable messages posted so that
anyone could ever see them.

I will stand by every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none.
Some of my posts will require some explanation no doubt, but I can
defend and justify everything I have ever said to anyone.

I WILL STAND BY EVERY MESSAGE I HAVE EVER POSTED TO USENET, BAR NONE.
SOME OF MY POSTS WILL REQUIRE SOME EXPLANATION NO DOUBT, BUT I CAN
DEFEND AND JUSTIFY EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER SAID TO ANYONE. ..... T H
E C O N U N D R U M C O N T I N U E S ! ! ! ! !

On Nov 21, 12:36*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that ALL Internet forums are the pits,
whether moderated or not? *I recently went unto a moderated forum and was
promptly kicked off of it. It is unbelievable to me how wimpy and wussy
moderated forums are. Who the hell would ever be so stupid as to post
comments to a ****ing moderated forum? I think on balance I will have to
agree with Tom Sherman of ARBR after all. Having someone who is a hundred
times dumber than you passing judgment on your posts makes no sense at all.
**** all moderated forums! God Damn It - POST FREE OR DIE!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 23rd 08, 12:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that Dolan contradicts himself
incessantly. Obviously it has not occurred to him. To his creidt,
unlike Ed Dolan, Tom Sherman had been consistent in his position in
this matter. Presented here,for your reading pleasure is an
incongruous compilation of some of Dolan's past, perplexing,
antithetical ramblings in this regard...

[...]
To their discredit, a lot of the former regular posters to
alt.rec.bicycles. recumbent abandoned the group for a moderated forum
where they are treated like children by the moderators.[...]

Ed wrote that?

See
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/6a66ac0ea14b3c7c?hl=en&dmode=source.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 23rd 08, 02:22 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 22, 5:20*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
[...]

Oops .... guess I was just getting weary compiling all that self-
contradicting gibberish and credited Dolan with your post. I stand
corrected. Sorry 'bout that. Good catch, Tom. Regardless, all the
rest serves to make my point. The guy is so inconsistent post to post
that nothing he writes can be taken at face value, but what can be
expected of someone who also wrote (and I know you wont; take credit
for any of this)...

"I Ed Dolan am ruining this newsgroup! What the hell is wrong with me!
Obviously I have no concept of what I am doing here at ARBR."

"I Ed Dolan truly am a blockhead and a coward for picking on recumbent
riders at A.R.B.R. Had I invested my time riding a bike instead of
choosing the obese life sitting at my keyboard posting lies I might
have been a better person. "

"I know that I alone Ed Dolan started ARBR on it's downward spiral and
for people to come around now and say Ed Dolan is ruining the place,
well it shows that some people really are honest."

" I believe I can state with absolute assurance that I am the Greatest
Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever
known in its' long and dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove
it every time I post. Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

By his own admission, Dolan confirms what the readers already know ...
that he is jerk and proud of it.
Old November 23rd 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
Has it ever occurred to anyone but me that Dolan contradicts himself
incessantly. Obviously it has not occurred to him. To his creidt,
unlike Ed Dolan, Tom Sherman had been consistent in his position in
this matter. Presented here,for your reading pleasure is an
incongruous compilation of some of Dolan's past, perplexing,
antithetical ramblings in this regard...

[...]
To their discredit, a lot of the former regular posters to
alt.rec.bicycles. recumbent abandoned the group for a moderated forum
where they are treated like children by the moderators.[...]

Ed wrote that?

See
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc/msg/6a66ac0ea14b3c7c?hl=en&dmode=source.

Tom Sherman wrote it of course and he is quite right. However, unmoderated
forums do not work either. In fact, nothing works. However, the main thing
that does not work is JimmyMac's poor excuse for a brain. Imagine going
though life saddled with a bruised ego which can never recover from not
being appreciated by Ed Dolan the Great. That was the main problem he had
with Ed Gin too. Truly a sad case!

Old November 23rd 08, 04:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 23, 9:19*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The ambivalent Ed Dolan simply cannot decide if moderate works,
unmoderated works or neither work and his posts make this abundantly
clear. As I read through them I thought to myself ... Will the REAL
Ed Doaln please stand up???

My poor excuse for a brain ... bruised ego??? Opinion stated as
fact. What you think matters not because you mater not . Nothing you
have ever said or ever will say defines what and who I am, so there is
no need to flatter yourself. Nonetheless, here are some of your
thoughts from the past in this regard. As usual your own words serve
to betray you.

"My every message to these confounded newsgroups is a masterpiece of
insignificance and irrelevance."

"I do not even know what I believe anymore!"

"Even I don't know what I am saying half the time.

"It is a waste of time and energy for me Edward Dolan to even attempt
to be intelligent."

"Jim McNamara of this newsgroup can help you with your logical
thinking as he is an expert on the subject."

"Jim McNamara has also proven to me that he is both intelligent and
right on all the present issues."

THE CONUNDRUM CONTINUES!!!
Old November 23rd 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]
The ambivalent Ed Dolan simply cannot decide if moderate works,

unmoderated works or neither work and his posts make this abundantly
clear. As I read through them I thought to myself ... Will the REAL
Ed Doaln please stand up???

My present position is that neither moderated forums nor unmoderated forums
are worth a damn. They are both equally contemptible and suited only for
dumb slobs.
[...]

Old November 24th 08, 12:46 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Nov 23, 10:41*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] The ambivalent Ed Dolan simply cannot decide if moderate works,

unmoderated works or neither work and his posts make this abundantly
clear. *As I read through them I thought to myself ... Will the REAL
Ed Doaln please stand up???

My present position is that neither moderated forums nor unmoderated forums
are worth a damn. They are both equally contemptible and suited only for
dumb slobs.
[...]

OK ... BUT ... the operative words here are "PRESENT POSITION" which
is to say that your position is not firm and your opinion is subject
to change ... AGAIN. Consequently your statement ..."I will stand by
every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts
will require some explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify
everything I have ever said to anyone." ... IS HOGWASH since you
cannot stand behind diametrically opposed positions. You often
contradict yourself post after post. How can you stand behind
opposing positions. Never mind that was a rhetorical question. The
conundrum continues.

Old November 24th 08, 01:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

Everything is on a timeline. Never to change your position on anything means
that you are incapable of ever learning anything.

Old November 24th 08, 12:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

Accepting that to be a given then means your statement that you can
stand by every message you have ever posted and can defend and
justify everything that have ever said would indicate that you still
have much yet to to learn and one of those things is that you cannot
stand by every message you have ever posted and cannot defend and
justify everything that you have ever said and in particular that very
statement itself.

Old November 24th 08, 01:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 23, 6:18 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Everything is on a timeline. Never to change your position on anything
means
that you are incapable of ever learning anything.

Accepting that to be a given then means your statement that you can

stand by every message you have ever posted and can defend and
justify everything that have ever said would indicate that you still
have much yet to to learn and one of those things is that you cannot
stand by every message you have ever posted and cannot defend and
justify everything that you have ever said and in particular that very
statement itself.

Not so, since EVERYTHING is on a timeline, including the above statement.
See ... I have just stood by what I said previously. Now you can appreciate
why I am a genius and everyone else is an idiot. Just part of My Greatness!
Go my son and sin no more.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Moderated Forums [email protected] General 2 December 11th 08 01:22 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] General 8 November 24th 08 05:47 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Mountain Biking 4 November 23rd 08 08:46 PM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Racing 4 November 23rd 08 08:46 PM
Moderated Forums JimmyMac Techniques 1 November 22nd 08 11:38 PM