extending my cables

Old March 17th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Gary Smiley

Default extending my cables

I need to get my bars higher, and I plan to use a stem raiser. I will
need to extend my cables, too. Here's the question- does anyone make
something like a double-end cap, or a coupler, so I can add on a few
more inches of cable housing? (I want to avoid buying a new set of
cable housing). Thanks in advance.
- Gary
Old March 17th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Gary Smiley wrote:
I need to get my bars higher, and I plan to use a stem raiser. I will
need to extend my cables, too. Here's the question- does anyone make
something like a double-end cap, or a coupler, so I can add on a few
more inches of cable housing? (I want to avoid buying a new set of
cable housing). Thanks in advance.
- Gary

The stuff costs next to nothing. Splurge and buy a few feet.

Old March 17th 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jo march

On Mar 16, 10:10*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Gary Smiley wrote:
I need to get my bars higher, and I plan to use a stem raiser. I will
need to extend my cables, too. Here's the question- does anyone make
something like a double-end cap, or a coupler, so I can add on a few
more inches of *cable housing? (I want to avoid buying a new set of
cable housing). Thanks in advance.
- Gary

The stuff costs next to nothing. *Splurge and buy a few feet.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to re-tape my bars, that's all. But
you're right- I should do the job the right way.
Old March 17th 09, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Gary Smiley wrote:
I need to get my bars higher, and I plan to use a stem raiser. I
will need to extend my cables, too. Here's the question- does
anyone make something like a double-end cap, or a coupler, so I can
add on a few more inches of cable housing? (I want to avoid buying
a new set of cable housing). Thanks in advance.
- Gary

The stuff costs next to nothing. Splurge and buy a few feet.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to re-tape my bars, that's all. But
you're right- I should do the job the right way.

Ah, forgot about that aspect. Still, new cable & housing is the way to go.

Old March 17th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Gary Smiley wrote:
I need to get my bars higher, and I plan to use a stem raiser. I will
need to extend my cables, too. Here's the question- does anyone make
something like a double-end cap, or a coupler, so I can add on a few
more inches of *cable housing? (I want to avoid buying a new set of
cable housing). Thanks in advance.
- Gary

The stuff costs next to nothing. *Splurge and buy a few feet.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to re-tape my bars, that's all. But
you're right- I should do the job the right way.

that's the way; one thing you can do is save the handlebar tape until
after you tried your raised bar position for a bit and are happy with
it ( just a few turn of electrical tape to keep the cables down )-
sometimes a new position might seem initially beneficial but might
lead to new problems