Bodge for di2 to get lower gear?

Old January 26th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Bodge for di2 to get lower gear?

Chalo wrote:
mtb Dad wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
mtb Dad wrote:
Any further hints on a clutch for the left ring? Probably the
engineers will know what you mean, but if anyone can think of an
existing part I could point them at, that would help.
Something like this:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#clutch-bearings/=areek8

That looks even easier. Thanks!

They're called "CSK clutches" if you want to shop around for them
elsewhere

Torrington-type roller clutches are way cheaper, smaller, and easier
to find. They come in two flavors: clutch only, and clutch with
roller bearings on both sides.

http://www.timken.com/en-us/products...CupRoller.aspx

I wonder why cassettes use pawls and springs instead of one of these?

JS.
Old January 27th 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jan 25, 1:56*pm, mtb Dad wrote:
A friend coaches a quadreplegic handcyclist, who has trouble with
shifting. *we're thinking a bite valve might be rigged to make di2
work. *But the 50-34 by 27 max cog is too high. *I've heard the front
and rear shifting is linked, but can anyone sugest a way to run di2
with two smaller chainrings? *Right now she uses 28 (triple) by 28
lowest cog.

Other suggestions, such as cable shifting options welcome too.

16t difference, just get a crank with similar CR differences, like a
MTB crank(2 rings), smaller BCD and say 46/30. BTW-largest shimano cog
is a 28(11-28)
Old January 27th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:49:33 -0800 (PST), Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:

On Jan 25, 1:56*pm, mtb Dad wrote:
A friend coaches a quadreplegic handcyclist, who has trouble with
shifting. *we're thinking a bite valve might be rigged to make di2
work. *But the 50-34 by 27 max cog is too high. *I've heard the front
and rear shifting is linked, but can anyone sugest a way to run di2
with two smaller chainrings? *Right now she uses 28 (triple) by 28
lowest cog.

Other suggestions, such as cable shifting options welcome too.

16t difference, just get a crank with similar CR differences, like a
MTB crank(2 rings), smaller BCD and say 46/30. BTW-largest shimano cog
is a 28(11-28)

Dear Peter,

Good to see you again.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old January 27th 11, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

wrote:
On Jan 25, 1:56*pm, mtb Dad wrote:
A friend coaches a quadreplegic handcyclist, who has trouble with
shifting. *we're thinking a bite valve might be rigged to make di2
work. *But the 50-34 by 27 max cog is too high. *I've heard the front
and rear shifting is linked, but can anyone sugest a way to run di2
with two smaller chainrings? *Right now she uses 28 (triple) by 28
lowest cog.

Other suggestions, such as cable shifting options welcome too.

16t difference, just get a crank with similar CR differences, like a
MTB crank(2 rings), smaller BCD and say 46/30. BTW-largest shimano cog
is a 28(11-28)

Dear Peter,

Good to see you again.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

We'll see. I notice some of the same players are here, why I left
before. Present company excepted.

Old January 27th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

sacre blue !

no snow photo ? on utube ?

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/index.html

wheel chair advice from snow country

went thru at sunset. excellent sunset. outasite

incroyable
from South Padre
Old January 27th 11, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

for yawl flatlanders, QSPC is http://www.vecchios.com/

the south texas browser refuses snow photos
Old January 28th 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kevin

On 1/27/2011 2:55 PM, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
snip

We'll see. I notice some of the same players are here, why I left
before. Present company excepted.

I'm glad you are back. Place isn't the same without you.

Kevin

Old January 28th 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:55:13 -0800 (PST), Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:

I notice some of the same players are here, why I left
before.

They'll go away as soon as you get your killfile tweaked.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old January 28th 11, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Welcome Back

wrote:

I notice some of the same players are here, why I left
before.

They'll go away as soon as you get your killfile tweaked.

I do not kill-file anyone, since I want to know all the bad things
people write about me. Besides, Argument is fun, and even free:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y.

Although, we may often be in violation of The Strange Sketch Act.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old January 28th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 27/01/2011 20:55, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

We'll see. I notice some of the same players are here, why I left
before. Present company excepted.

When I broke my ergo lever (the shift lever behind the brake lever) a
couple of years ago, you would have been really helpful but for the
minor matter of an ocean being in the way. I ended up getting a new
lever that time.

It happened again :-( This time I decided to have a go at replacing the
offending bit, and it turned out surprisingly well - though the lever
has some springs and things in it, none of them are horrible to fit :-)

Relevance? Well, it was partly your saying it could be done which
persuaded me to have a go.