Compo cam cyclist gets a talking to, by the Police

Old December 1st 15, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Compo cam cyclist gets a talking to, by the Police

The cyclist, who has not been identified, filmed the whole incident
between himself and the female motorist in the car park of Lidl in St
Anthony’s and then it was put on YouTube saying the woman had
“dangerously overtaken him”.

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/ne...lice-1-7091920
Old December 1st 15, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

Couldn't agree more.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/im-pregnant-and-wear-glasses-drivers-explanation-as-crash-with-cyclist-is-caught-on-camera-a3126126.html

Anyone know the driver's identity ?

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old December 1st 15, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 08:24:45 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

The cyclist, who has not been identified, filmed the whole incident
between himself and the female motorist in the car park of Lidl in St
Anthony’s and then it was put on YouTube saying the woman had
“dangerously overtaken him”.

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/ne...lice-1-7091920

What a knob. I realise I don't pay tax - or words to that effect. Well at
least he appreciates one of the problems.

Have a look at the video (link on page) - and just see how far he was away from
the *woman* driver when she indicates and then turns left. Estimate anyone?

But still good stuff - he is helping others appreciate what knobs many cyclists
are.

I wonder if he would have stopped and told the person to **** off if it had
been a big bloke.

Probably not.

Old December 1st 15, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

wrote:

The cyclist, who has not been identified, filmed the whole incident
between himself and the female motorist in the car park of Lidl in St
Anthony’s and then it was put on YouTube saying the woman had
“dangerously overtaken him”.

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/ne...lice-1-7091920

What a knob. I realise I don't pay tax - or words to that effect. Well at
least he appreciates one of the problems.

Have a look at the video (link on page) - and just see how far he was away from
the *woman* driver when she indicates and then turns left. Estimate anyone?

But still good stuff - he is helping others appreciate what knobs many cyclists
are.

I wonder if he would have stopped and told the person to **** off if it had
been a big bloke.

Probably not.

You can see that he didn't go straight to her, but he waited to see the
driver before he began the confrontation.

---

Old December 1st 15, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Omega

wrote:

The cyclist, who has not been identified, filmed the whole incident
between himself and the female motorist in the car park of Lidl in St
Anthony’s and then it was put on YouTube saying the woman had
“dangerously overtaken him”.

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/ne...lice-1-7091920

What a knob. I realise I don't pay tax - or words to that effect. Well at
least he appreciates one of the problems.

Have a look at the video (link on page) - and just see how far he was away from
the *woman* driver when she indicates and then turns left. Estimate anyone?

But still good stuff - he is helping others appreciate what knobs many cyclists
are.

I wonder if he would have stopped and told the person to **** off if it had
been a big bloke.

Probably not.

Having watched the video, it made me cringe at how a gobby thug had
convinced himself he had been put in danger from as far as I can
determine, a perfectly safe manoeuvre from the car driver.

To see the poor woman then apologise later in the car park was just too
much for me. I was hoping the guy in the red car might have sauntered
out to lend the woman help but he didn't, though perhaps he would have
rushed to help had it all got out of hand.

However, it all ends well as the cyclist has made himself look such a
prat I doubt he will ride high around Eastbourne for a while.

"I have it on camera", you certainly have and what a dull bugga you are!
Tut!

omega

Old December 1st 15, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tarcap

wrote:

[...]

I think there was "some sort of ****ing idiot" shown there, but it wasn't
the person he thought.
I'm sure the usual psycholists will be along in a minute to praise him.

Old December 2nd 15, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 01/12/2015 08:24, Mrcheerful wrote:
The cyclist, who has not been identified, filmed the whole incident
between himself and the female motorist in the car park of Lidl in St
Anthony’s and then it was put on YouTube saying the woman had
“dangerously overtaken him”.

Name, picture and shame would be fitting.

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/ne...lice-1-7091920

Indeed, let's see that abusive cyclist (only to women, we notice) named
and shamed.

Unbelieveable.

"Right on top of me...".

If only...
Old December 2nd 15, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

wrote:

[...]

He was just being cautious.

After all, there might have been a 12 year old boy with her.