Adding reflective material to my gloves

Old November 12th 05, 11:25 AM
elyob

Default Adding reflective material to my gloves

I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have relective
strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

Old November 12th 05, 11:35 AM
wafflycat

"elyob" wrote in message
I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have relective
strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

You can buy reflective bands to wear round the wrist.

Cheers, helen s

Old November 12th 05, 11:36 AM
Tony Raven

elyob wrote:
I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have relective
strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

Buy some gloves with reflective strips on them?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old November 12th 05, 11:38 AM
Pete Biggs

elyob wrote:
I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have
relective strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

Sew-on Scotchlite tape (eBay) -- though it'll be more practical on your
sleeves if gloves are stretchy.

~PB

Old November 12th 05, 12:01 PM
Danny Colyer

elyob wrote:
I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have relective
strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

I've just bought some stick on Scotchlite from Wiggle, designed for
sticking to clothes:
URL:http://tinyurl.com/chd2d
URL:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufactu rer=&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=Reflectiv es&ProdID=5360011878&UberCat=0

I haven't used it yet (I'm planning to decorate a couple of hats with it
this evening), so I can't report on how well the adhesive stands up to
washing. It feels more flexible than the Scotchlite tape I bought a few
years ago, which has stood up pretty well to repeated washing.

For indicating, though, I'd go with Helen's suggestion of reflective
armbands. Better still, reversible armbands, reflective for night-time
and fluorescent yellow for daytime. I use these:
URL:http://tinyurl.com/dqb7x
URL:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufactu rer=&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=Reflectiv es&ProdID=5360013281&UberCat=0

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Old November 12th 05, 12:21 PM
wafflycat

"Danny Colyer" wrote in message

For indicating, though, I'd go with Helen's suggestion of reflective
armbands. Better still, reversible armbands, reflective for night-time
and fluorescent yellow for daytime. I use these:

You can even get ones that are reflective fluorescent yellow :-)

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/RoadSafetyOnline/products/product-607206.stm

Cheers, helen s

Old November 12th 05, 12:40 PM
Alan J. Wylie

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:25:04 -0000, "elyob" said:

I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have
relective strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

Aldi did some very nice reflective velcro bands with flashing LEDs a
couple of weeks ago - there might just be some left in the remnants
bin. Very good quality - the best I've come across yet, including in
my LBS, and cheaper as well - they even have a bit of elastic in them
so they fit snugly yet firmly around my waterproof overtrousers to
stop them catching in the chain.

"Crane Sports reflective bands with 4 flashing LED lights"
3M Scotchlite Reflective Material

There are plenty going on eBay for a few pounds. e.g.

http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7195003775

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
Old November 12th 05, 12:48 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Danny Colyer typed

elyob wrote:
[...]

I bought some reflective cloth and adhesive (for bikes etc) stuff from
Tchibo a couple of years ago, and some iron-on reflectives from
Mothercare ages (?20 years) ago.

I still have a little cloth spare, which I could pop into the post if
you send me an sae. (Email me first). The cloth is fiddly to sew, but
seems to wash OK.

The iron-on stuff peeled off quite fast.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 12th 05, 02:02 PM
David Martin

elyob wrote:
I'm acutely aware at this time of year that my gloves don't have relective
strips on them for when I'm indicating. Any suggestions?

Wear a BMW jersey. Then no one will expect you to indicate anyway.

...d

Old November 12th 05, 02:23 PM
mm

eat radioactive material and constantly glow till you die which i hope would
not be long
"Pete Biggs" wrote in
message ...